Topic: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1464638745/

I think it looks really good. What do you guys think.

Re: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Why are they remaking this? didn't it just come out 2 years ago?

MS - We finally agree on something.  smile  The original was one of the best I have seen in a long time.  I don't think this should be remade.

Ghostseeker wrote:

MS - We finally agree on something.  smile  The original was one of the best I have seen in a long time.  I don't think this should be remade.

haha yeah we often disagree.. But how boring would it be if everyone always agreed?

I haven't seen the original but i assume it's foreign and they are remaking it for the English speaking market?

We just have different tastes.   Yours is like a fine wine.  Mine is like flat soda.  smile

I am assuming the same thing. 

Also, this is based on a book that's from a trilogy.  I have heard the other two have been made into movies (foreign as well), but not sure.  Anyone know if this is true?  Names?  I just heard this and haven't looked it up yet, but will soon.  Just feelin lazy and hopin someone can save me the trouble.

I haven't read the books but I love the movie, its a shame it's getting remade. It will probably end up being a shot for shot remake just Like Let Me In, which is completely useless.

Ghostseeker wrote:

We just have different tastes.   Yours is like a fine wine.  Mine is like flat soda.  smile

I am assuming the same thing. 

Also, this is based on a book that's from a trilogy.  I have heard the other two have been made into movies (foreign as well), but not sure.  Anyone know if this is true?  Names?  I just heard this and haven't looked it up yet, but will soon.  Just feelin lazy and hopin someone can save me the trouble.

1. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
2. The Girl Who Played With Fire
3. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

They were all made into movies in Sweden I think.

And the remake might be good. David Fincher usually does a good job.

Thanks Andrew.  I did end up looking up the info Sunday evening, and got the names of the movies.

Saw Played With Fire.  Super awesome!  Very good movie, and now looking forward to Hornets Nest.  That's in my NetFlix Queue.  Really want to see this, but will need to wait a bit.

The first two are awesome, and looking forward to the third.  These are not my typical movies for a number of reasons, but totally enjoy them. 

I do appreciate you looking up the info Andrew.  I'm totally jealous that you live in Alaska.  I've always wanted to go there.  Do you like it there?

No problem, and yeah I really enjoyed them. I'm just now starting to read the books.

And yeah I like it in Alaska its a pretty cool place to live. Except in the winter, it kimda sucks than haha.

I like night time.  Like the dark.  The idea of a long night lasting several months is appealing to me.

I like that to. But its not gonna be like that again for like another 4 months

I know nothing about any previous versions or stories about this.
This trailer was just a mess (to me).  A bunch of cars driving, bridges, and people talking in living rooms.  I have no idea what the movie is about, and it nearly gave me a headache with all the fast cuts.

Given that, I still don't like it.  Maybe if I had a f'n clue as to what it was all about would help?

azathoth wrote:

This trailer was just a mess (to me).  A bunch of cars driving, bridges, and people talking in living rooms.  I have no idea what the movie is about, and it nearly gave me a headache with all the fast cuts.

Given that, I still don't like it.  Maybe if I had a f'n clue as to what it was all about would help?

It would

andrewg14ak wrote:
azathoth wrote:

It would

Fair enough!  Could you point me to some sites/videos/whatever that would clue me in?  I'd rather be informed (and perhaps entertained) rather than clueless.  Me likey knowledge!  Thanks.  smile

Hey Az, it's kinda hard to describe it without giving too much away.  I didn't see any previews so can't comment on that.  It was an almost 2 hour foreign film that kept my attention - rare for me.  Very entertaining.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_w … 2009_film)

I have seen all three movies and they were fantastic!  I liked the first and third films the best.  My wife has the books, so someday, I may get around to reading them.  But I don't think that I will have much interest in seeing the American remakes.

azathoth wrote:
andrewg14ak wrote:
azathoth wrote:

It would

Fair enough!  Could you point me to some sites/videos/whatever that would clue me in?  I'd rather be informed (and perhaps entertained) rather than clueless.  Me likey knowledge!  Thanks.  smile

Watching the original would help, and reading the book also. But the wikipedia page that was just posted might help a little to. smile

I dug the original, not to sure about the remake.   I have the sequels, "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest" queued up on Netflix.. I just have to find time to watch them.

-deadmanwalkin

^check them out Deadman, definitely worth the time.

alien25 wrote:

I went ahead and watched "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and really liked it.  Now I can't wait to watch the 3rd installment.

-deadmanwalkin

deadmanwalkin wrote:
alien25 wrote:

I went ahead and watched "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and really liked it.  Now I can't wait to watch the 3rd installment.

-deadmanwalkin

Groovy, I think you will like the third one as well.  It ties the series up nicely.

^ Awesome.  I'll try to watch it this week. 

-deadmanwalkin

Saw the third one.  These were all really good.  Great series.

I loved this movie

Loved the first one, want to see the other two.  And I can't wait to see the American remake -- I know, I know, but it's David Fincher at the helm!  It doesn't get much better than that.