Topic: HM Movie Night #4- Grindhouse Podcast is up!

Our 'Planet Terror' & 'Death Proof' double header is now up.  Not as exciting as the precious podcast (for all 2 people that have listened  sad ), but there is a bit where I fell asleep, snored, and was made fun of!  Just a note- the 'Death Proof' one got cut off a bit early due to storage limitations.

Thanks again for everyone who participated.
See you in 2 weeks for "Drive-In Night."

Re: HM Movie Night #4- Grindhouse Podcast is up!

Link, man.  Link!

I was one of the two who listened to the previous one. lol

Ooops!  I put it in my official recap and forgot it here.  I'm smooth! lol

Here you go- HM's Grindhouse Podcast in full 3D!  (3D only if you think REALLY hard)

So far I've listened to the Planet Terror 'cast.  About to start on Death Proof.

So...was it really storage limitations, or did you just not want people to hear you sawing wood like a possessed lumberjack?

KIDDING!  Kidding, kidding, kidding.  Nothin' but love.

EDIT:

By the way, I wanted to ask -- and this doesn't necessarily mean YOU have to do it, Azzie -- but how about when posting a movie night wrap up we supply a list of any links provided during the chat?  That way if folks listening to the podcast hear us discussing a link which might interest them, they can check it out.

Just a thought.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-06-06 13:31:12)

LoudLon wrote:

So far I've listened to the Planet Terror 'cast.  About to start on Death Proof.

So...was it really storage limitations, or did you just not want people to hear you sawing wood like a possessed lumberjack?

KIDDING!  Kidding, kidding, kidding.  Nothin' but love.

EDIT:

By the way, I wanted to ask -- and this doesn't necessarily mean YOU have to do it, Azzie -- but how about when posting a movie night wrap up we supply a list of any links provided during the chat?  That way if folks listening to the podcast hear us discussing a link which might interest them, they can check it out.

Just a thought.

It really is a storage issue- Google sites are limited to 100MB per site.  At my encoding level, it's about 20 minutes to 9.6MB or so.  I'm going to be trying out a new program (my trial with the current one is up, so it's something new and free or I pony up $69), so I'll see how I can tweak it.

I have taken a bunch of notes during movie nights, especially the afterparties (well, for the ones I'm awake for big_smile ).  What do you think- a central site for all links, or put the links on each podcast's site?  I could whip a "HM Movie Night Link Page" and put all the stuff there.

I'm starting to wonder if I should switch over to WordPress?

Would a specific link page cost you anything?  Because if so, I'd imagine listing them in the wrap-up threads here would be more reasonable. 

Or, maybe just add the pod-cast links to the wrap-up threads, too?  Have everything -- the wrap-up, the podcast links and any other recommended web links -- all in the same place?

No, I use free sites, so an extra page/site wouldn't cost anything.
I could also stick them in the official wrap-up posts (as a contributor I can edit them any time).  Movie Nights #3 & 4 are still pending in Meh's queue.  Another option is to put a link on my main website.  I already have each Nights' podcast linked from there, but I could also put up an 'info' page linked from my main site.  It would be persistent, but people would have to remember to check my site to get there.

edit- this whole movie night thing has gotten a tad more complex than I originally was planning for.  Fortunately, I have an entire horde of monkeys working for me.  Unfortunately, all they're good at is eating bananas.  And the poo flinging.  Always with the poo.

edit 2- and before you ask, you folks are doing all you can to help me out; i.e. helping pick out movies.  The rest is back-end work that would get tangled if multiple people tried to integrate it all.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-06 14:00:47)

Which is just one more reason for you to make it as easy on yourself as you can.  Trust me, we all appreciate the work you do for Movie Night enough that however you chose to do things, I doubt you'd get any serious complaints.  And if people were to complain, well...it's not like you're getting paid to do this, so fuck 'em. smile

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-06-06 21:41:45)

I just don't 'do.'  I 'blow their fucking minds.'
Just my nature.  smile

My end goal is to set up a system so that when I can't do it anymore the mechanism is in place so someone can take over with minimal effort.  I want to come back in 5 years and see 'Movie Night #200- Things With Jiggly Balls Night.'  OK, maybe not exactly that, but you get my idea, yes?

And seriously, who is going to complain to a monkey with a knife?  You'll either get shived, covered in poo, or have a banana up your butt.  lol

Hey Lon-
Ask and you shall receive notes!

Yeah, I fuckin' rock.
(OK, it's not complete and it's not formatted nicely.  I don't care.)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-07 06:46:51)

azathoth wrote:

Here you go- HM's Grindhouse Podcast in full 3D!  (3D only if you think REALLY hard)

My favorite part of this podcast is when you're sleeping and we make fun of you. big_smile

tongue

The Creature wrote:
azathoth wrote:

My favorite part of this podcast is when you're sleeping and we make fun of you. big_smile

tongue

I deserved it.

I figured out Wordpress, to an extent.  It should free up my 100MB limitation on Google sites; says 3GB per blog.  So more snoring to podcast, baby!

Next is to play around with my new software.

While I haven't listened to much of them, what I have heard and from everyone's reactions on the threads it sounds like a blast! To be honest the only reason I haven't done it is that the person I am living with would probably think I am even more extremely strange. And that is the honest to God truth about it...But I'm not (edit: that) strange! I just wanna do the movie night! Lol sad

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2011-06-07 08:04:49)

June 18th is the next one.  Hey, Vampy thought I was strange until she hung out a bit and talked with everyone.  Now she thinks we are all strange! 

Nah, she gets a kick out of talking with Wolfy ("Bollocks!"), Lon, & Possum.  She spent a good 15 minutes talking banking stuff with Possum, of all things (Vamps works at a bank).  I tried to kick her when she told me, "Lon has a sexy voice."  I missed.   lol

Besides, it would be fun to introduce her to her nemesis!  lol
Invite your friend, we'll play nice.  Maybe.  big_smile

I am only a youngen slayer, I will take a break fro vamps that night wink. Right now I mostly hunt...Monkeys.........mwhahahahaha.
My friend hates old horror films. Maybe...maybe...when we watch a more recent one he would join...but he is not nerdy like me so I don't know. I am going to try for this one anyway...gotta look up the time difference and stuff first.

Ah, fooey.  Who cares what your friend likes or doesn't like?  He/she doesn't have to listen.  Just show up.  It's fun.  You won't regret it.

I think I may have figured out how to mux 4 channels into the podcasts!  One for my mic, one for Skype, one for the movie, and one for any sound FX I want to put in!

Also bought a video renderer so I can convert Possum's Flash file into pretty much anything else.  (Side benefit I can now take screencaps for my movie reviews.  Also a whole lotta other shit, too).    Is .avi file OK for everyone?

I think I may even be able to do a video podcast with the movie with us talking over it.  Shit's gettin' real.
big_smile

edit- I wonder if I can superimpose a silhouette of a monkey, a Lon, and <insert someone else> on the video?

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-07 12:14:20)

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

I am going to try for this one anyway...gotta look up the time difference and stuff first.

Just move.  It will make everything easier.

Question-
Would anyone be available this weekend for me to try out all my new software?  Say Saturday at 7 or 8PM?

edit- it might be tedious since I'll be testing all the stuff out.  On the bonus side, you get to pick whatever movie you want to test it out on!  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-07 12:29:30)

I don't really want to whore myself, but guess what, I am.  Fuck me sideways.

If you sign up for Dropbox (free, by the way), a way to store files on 'The Cloud,' and use my code-  http://db.tt/tli388r    I get some extra space to store stuff.  I only ask since I use this to hold movies for our Movie Nights.

I'll be around Saturday night and will help any way I can.

I like the idea of upping a video with silhouettes.  Kinda MST3K.  But don't stretch yourself too thin, man.  The last thing we need is our host burning out on us. smile)

The silhouette thing may be a bit much this time.
Burning out?  I got my Mac running at 199% capacity (dual processor) re-encoding video for the next couple Movie Nights.   Won't be done for about 10 hours!  Cool program, though.

More whoring- I could use that extra space on Dropbox.  (No, I have no shame)  I'd like to put up both .wmv and .avi files so everyone can watch.  Plus I was thinking of putting up a 3rd movie for the afterparty. (Please, please, please!  Re:  Lack of Shame)
lol

http://db.tt/tli388r

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-07 14:25:14)