Topic: HM Movie Night #8 Announcement- Franchise Origins

Wolfy came up with a great idea- Final Destination 1 and Resident Evil 1 as a 'Franchise Origins' night.  2 good movies with lots of action so I'll stay awake. lol

Also, for this night I'm thinking of moving the time up to 4PM US Eastern so Wolfy can hang for both movies, as this is his brainchild.

Whether this in Night #7 or 8 depends on timing- El Wofertino may be on holiday so his night may get pushed back, so my Linda Blair night may come before his. 

More info to follow.
-The Sleepy Azzy

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-10 22:03:33)

Re: HM Movie Night #8 Announcement- Franchise Origins

Cool. cool

Both Final Destination and Resident Evil are great movies.
A Linda Blair night sounds very good as well.
Looking forward to the next movie night!

Two weeks to Possum's 'Drive in Night.' I'll post up an official thread in the next few days.

edit- I just realized we're book for the next 2 months!  Now I just need to bribe some more/new people to show up.  smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-05 15:35:45)

azathoth wrote:

Two weeks to Possum's 'Drive in Night.' I'll post up an official thread in the next few days.

edit- I just realized we're book for the next 2 months!  Now I just need to bribe some more/new people to show up.  smile

yeah come on gang! give it a go it's good fun and you can put voices to faces and share the wisdom of some great entertaining people smile

wolfman1959 wrote:
azathoth wrote:

yeah come on gang! give it a go it's good fun and you can put voices to faces and share the wisdom of some great entertaining people smile

You know what is really neat?  We (all of us) chat here on HM a lot, but once we started doing Movie Nights, I got to know all the people on the chats so much better.  I can see the nuances when Wofly, Lon, Possum, & DG write.

And you all know what I sound like when I snore!  lol  Next time I'm doing Movie Night with my CPAP mask on so if I do fall asleep no one will hear it!  big_smile

if its that early i probably will not make it for Saturdays is the day i do my errands and I am out all day or maybe the second movie.

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2011-06-06 16:42:57)

I loe the final destination series

of all the films in wolfy's knowledge-base, he name drops Final Destination?

I'm putting my name into the hat for a future movie night, dammit.
I'll show you!  I'll show you all!    smile

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-06-06 19:32:41)

^^^
Just PM with your ideas.

oh I will, monkey man.  oh yes.    smile

Oh, Christ, you sound like a bad villain.  Or a drunk chick at a bar. 
lol

either way you're fucked, huh? LOL

deadhorse13 wrote:

Ok...I for one would be interested in what you would pick. 

However, you know that if you pick one of your obscure movies, that only you and Lon have heard of, and of which there are only three copies in existence, it will make it difficult to do a movie night...right?  smile

I do realize this g'eeker.  smile

I will ruminate on 2 films widely available, but rarely spoken of.
They won't be anything heavy - fun will have to be key.
Bad, will probably have to be key, too  LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-06-06 19:56:56)

deadhorse13 wrote:

either way you're fucked, huh? LOL

Touche!

I'm trying to find the definition of ruminate, but I can't spell it.  Think you lost me at rumi Dead.  smile

Still, I do look forward to your choices.

I don't know if anything can be worse than Shaitani Dracula, and somehow Az got me to watch half of that.

ruminate-  to engage in contemplation : reflect

Oh, come on 'Shaitani' was marvelous!  In that insane Indian way.  And now you can say you have seen a movie that 99.999999% of the world never has!  You're special!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-06 20:19:56)

deadhorse13 wrote:

of all the films in wolfy's knowledge-base, he name drops Final Destination?

listen here Wild Bill. AZ asked for films with some action, yeah i 've got loads of films in my knowledge of horror films, like you have but i've tried to wave the flag for them before and it didn't attract much interest. There is a fairly young base to this forum and a lot of the films i like aren't popular, remember my black & white film thread? There are some exceptions to the rule ( creature and Ickimikki to name two bless 'em smile  but i got the impression these are mostly no- no, depressing and sad to me ( and you proberly) but a fact. i like all kinds of films and all kinds of horror films apart from the

fuck it ! i'm pissed off with the bloody bot i 've lost half of my reply to deady and i can't be bothered to write it all again. not in the best of moods anyway  and that don't help mad

Hey, Wolf-a-rama, it's not that I dislike older films, it's just when the action slows down, so does the conversation.  Look what happened during 'Death Proof.'  lol

I am kind of hoping that as the Movie Nights go on that more people will speak up, so something like the original 'House of Haunted Hill' would be a viable film.  Right now only about 3 of us talk, and if we run out of things to say, no one else picks up the slack.

It's a work in progress.  And pick it up you slackers!

Oh, I've been courteous 'till now, giving others the space to speak and trying not to hog all the slow spots.  But if it's dead air you're worried about, I can Audio Commentary the hell out of some flicks. big_smile

You don't remember our convo during the "Dawn's" truck scene?  The 2 of us were basically- "Lame"  "Yeah, pretty lame" with a spot of "There's Savini" and "There's Savini getting splattered."

I have no problem with you talking, but even you had some dead air during 'Death Proof.'  See where I'm coming from?  If I can integrate a video podcast, it won't be as bad.

As the host, I have to keep people interested.  (It would also help if I could stay awake, but that is another discussion  lol  )

By the way, I have been late in thanking your for all you feedback.  Big problem with being the boss is getting accurate feedback, and you've helped a lot.  So, thanks!

Also, thanks to everyone else.  Don't want to leave anyone out.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-07 15:46:54)

Well, Death Proof was a fluke as far as it applies to me because right around the halfway point my mom stopped in.  She'd just arrived after driving 200 miles with my baby niece in tow so from that point on, I was a bit distracted. lol

Don't worry though, Azzie.  Next Movie Night, if there's dead air, I'll step up.  smile

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-06-07 17:27:45)

Or we could have Wolfy just fart into the microphone.  lol
Damn, man, we're so weird sometimes.  And yet we haven't taken over the world yet.  Serious slackin' goin' on, and I'm looking towards the hamsters.... get a move on!