Topic: Avoid this turd

http://www.canuxploitation.com/review/s … razed.html

Oh God.... they want to re-release it on DVD !!!

Re: Avoid this turd

Sounds awful. I have never heard of it before, great, now I will have to check it out.

Besides the botched simile at the beginning of the review, the linked review makes this movie sound like a candidate for the most boring film made.  Bad movies I can watch, boring movies, no.  If someone wants to waste their money on remaking this, well, don't and give the money to Acey instead.

azathoth wrote:

Besides the botched simile at the beginning of the review, the linked review makes this movie sound like a candidate for the most boring film made.  Bad movies I can watch, boring movies, no.  If someone wants to waste their money on remaking this, well, don't and give the money to Acey instead.

No Az! Even better! Someone wants to re-release it on DVD! Silly monkey.

Oops, I thought it was 're-make.'  Surprised they are not going for a 2 disc Blu-ray special edition.  Because such a fine film obviously needs the white glove treatment.
(I think my sarcasm just imploded part of my brain.....)

azathoth wrote:

Bad movies I can watch, boring movies, no.  .

And that is EXACTLY what it is... BORING beyond belief... you have no idea.

The script was about 25 pages (for a feature!!!) cuz the film is padded with long takes in master shots, including a dance class that makes the dance class in PIECES  look like a blink of an eye.

The 16mm film was shot silent and dubbed, but only the few dialogue scenes have any ambient sound. Everything else is layered in a horrible repetitive synth soundtrack. The monster (an actor with bandage wrap on his head and Spock ears - no joke) limps down hallway after hallway in a one-shot chase scenes that goes on forever. And there's another long chase in an underground apartment garage.

And then there's the acting.... it's like BLOOD FEAST ('62), only worse, and often the dialogue is spoken slower to further pad the time.

And there's a scene with a women making a list of things  via thoughts in her head... and you're forced to listen to the whole list as she goes through it and writes each word down. Of course the words are dubbed cuz it's her thoughts.

Oh... and not a drop of gore really. Some killings are the shadow-on-the-wall variety.

How do I know all this???

Cuz back in the 80s, I was stoooopid enough to star in it. LOL. 

On the bright side, I did get to have sex with my bosomy leading young lady.... but that was at her place and had nothing to do with the film.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2011-06-07 16:44:15)

^^
At least 'Blood Feast' had a little fun at the end.
And did the sex life really need to be included....
lol

I've never even heard of it.  Which actually makes me want to see it. lol

azathoth wrote:

^^
lol

Blood Feats was great.

And it wasn't sex life... it was sex incident. And absolutely.

from the sounds of it, the sex must have been the highlight of the whole experience, I would have included it, too

Never seen it, but I do recall the title and that awful cover art.
Hence that whole not seeing it thing, actually.  LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-06-07 20:26:26)

Bunshinsaba wrote:

...Now, I MUST see it!
Plus the woman listing things in her head sounds groundbreaking.

Bunshinsaba wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^
lol

Blood Feats was great.

And it wasn't sex life... it was sex incident. And absolutely.

I like your style!

Bunshinsaba wrote:

I missed this tidbit the first time around; now I have to watch it.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-08 06:36:08)

Monkey's have too many other things on their minds like bananas and poo. I get it.

The point of the whole post is back firing.  You're supposed to avoid it; not embrace the anticipation of watching it. I guess a lot of you are house painters, seeing how the act of watching your work dry, interests you and is considered a good way to spend 90 minutes. LOL.

^ haha so true. We seemed to have completely forgotten the title of the thread. Even still you shouldn't have said you were in it. I will be lining up outside the store on release day. I am absolutely crazed about science crazed!

Bunshinsaba wrote:

The point of the whole post is back firing.  You're supposed to avoid it; not embrace the anticipation of watching it. I guess a lot of you are house painters, seeing how the act of watching your work dry, interests you and is considered a good way to spend 90 minutes. LOL.

Once you mentioned you were in it, all bets were off!  big_smile
Oh, and that whole "bosomy" thing.  lol

Edit- anyone else think we should do this for a future Movie Night?  Heh heh.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-08 06:58:58)

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

^ haha so true. We seemed to have completely forgotten the title of the thread. Even still you shouldn't have said you were in it. I will be lining up outside the store on release day. I am absolutely crazed about science crazed!

I've derailed threads stronger than this, missy!  lol  Heck, I've derailed my own threads more than once!

Missy!? I won't go over this again with you. Nope. No Sir. Nada. A big goose egg. A dead monkey...oops that last one just slipped out.

heh heh heh heh
big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-08 15:56:59)