Topic: HM Movie Night #5- Drive-In Night Official Announcement

Hiya!

Movie Night #5- 'Drive-In Night' will be Saturday, June 18th, 2011, at 7PM US Eastern time.

INFO:
The movies will be 'Bubba's Chili Parlor' and 'The Giant Gila Monster,' picks courtesy of FloridaPossum (and her barking hamsters).  Most likely there will be an afterparty following the movies.  Anything goes there, and I only tape that if we actually watch another movie.

Also, both movies have drive-in style ads inserted into them, so don't freak out when you see a talking popcorn box telling you to go to the snack bar.  big_smile

We will be using Skype again.  If you are new to Movie Night, feel free to ask questions here or PM me.  Make sure you register your Skype name so we don't ignore you.  You can also send me an Instant Message on Movie Night saying "Hi, I'm <HM name here>.  Please add me." 

The movie discussions will be recorded for future mocking (especially if I fall asleep again).  There is a chance I'll be able to overlay the chat on top of the movie, a la MST3K.  Depends if I can get all my software working together.  Remember, it's being recorded, so be nice!

Which brings me to this- on Saturday, the 11th, around 7PM-ish I will be on Skype to test out the new rig.  We (if anyone shows up) will be watching 'Evil Dead' and or 'Evil Dead 2;' movies to be determined that night.  Expect interruptions as I fiddle with my software.  For new people this would be a good time to hop on and ask questions.

As for the movies,  FloridaBarkingPossum has some links/instructions:

FloridaSquakingBird wrote:

For "Gila Monster'-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze10ote5/snackbar.html
If you go down to "Terror Triple Feature", you can click on it and download it  It actually has three movies in it, but I thought we would just start with "The Giant Gila Monster".  Then we have two left over movies for another time.

For 'Bubba's'-
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30526255/Bubba% … Parlor.flv

I have also put up copies of the movie for you to view on Movie Night.  I re-encoded 'Bubba's' into an .avi file since I was having problems with Possum's Flash file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30442570/Bubba% … 20copy.avi

And if you can't follow HamsterPossum's instructions above, a direct link to 'Gila Monster':
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30442570/terror_trilogy.wmv

Note that the 'Gila Monster' file actually has 3 movies.  'Gila' is 1st, 'Killer Shrews' is 2nd, and 'Attack of the Giant Leeches' is 3rd.  Don't know about you, but 'Killer Shrews' seems like a nice afterparty background.

Post questions here in this thread; there are at least 10 people that can help you out if I'm busy.

I look forward to the test subjects in 3 days, and hope we have an expanded audience in 1.5 weeks!

-Azzy

(PS- Love ya Possum, all in jest)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-08 11:35:45)

Re: HM Movie Night #5- Drive-In Night Official Announcement

I'd love to show for that. Sounds magic. I cant seem to get skype working on my damn PC since I got brutalized by a virus.But I'll do m'best

Let us know if you'd like help with Skype.  We also do this every 2 weeks, so there will be more chances.

Also, if you want you can listen to the podcasts of previous Movie Nights.  It probably won't mean so much to you since you don't know us that well yet, but you can get a flavor of how it flows.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-08 11:45:31)

Kyle scott wrote:

I'd love to show for that. Sounds magic. I cant seem to get skype working on my damn PC since I got brutalized by a virus.But I'll do m'best

you should join us andy...........everyone will LOVe your accent! big_smile

i'll be there.........with my shiny new, white headset!

btw you pronounce the word 'puma' as  pew-ma............NOT poooo-maaa!! lol

Im hopin to, Twisted. My names Kyle btw lol big_smile
Nice to meet you hon x

I'll have a listen to some of the previous ones soon. Sounds like a ton of fun wink

Yay, Twisty got a headset!

i got one too, man.used to work from home. I'll fuck about with skype toniote n see whats what.
smile

Kyle scott wrote:

Im hopin to, Twisted. My names Kyle btw lol big_smile
Nice to meet you hon x

lol i'm sorry kyle, i'll try again...........

welcome KYLE! it's always nice to see another brit about! big_smile

I may just be there this saturday for some Evil Dead!

^^^
More the merrier.

Awesome, I can't wait!! big_smile  Looking forward to Florida's picks, they sound pretty cool.

And Twisted got a mic, coool!!!!

Feel free to drop in this Saturday for a test of my new stuff with 'Evil Dead' and/or 'Evil Dead 2.'

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-08 23:41:27)

The Creature wrote:

Awesome, I can't wait!! big_smile  Looking forward to Florida's picks, they sound pretty cool.

And Twisted got a mic, coool!!!!

twisted got a mic!  yaaaaayyyyyyy! smile

Damn it all I am coming to one of these if it KILLS me.  sad

FloridaSquakingBird wrote:

For "Gila Monster'-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze10ote5/snackbar.html
If you go down to "Terror Triple Feature", you can click on it and download it  It actually has three movies in it, but I thought we would just start with "The Giant Gila Monster".  Then we have two left over movies for another time.

you`re in gila country best *clap clap* beware!!

Last edited by survivalist (2011-06-09 14:51:20)

moviemaven wrote:

i hope you do very soon, it would help cheer me up :I

HAHAHA I wanna do the Gila cheer!!!

Aww Wolfie, I'm sorry you're down.  sad  I'll see what I can do to change that.  big_smile

moviemaven wrote:

Ah, some day we have royalty grace us mere peons.  Wonder if I could whip up a "Mod Night," where the mods get to pick the movies?   Hmmm...

weird.  I just noticed that Elvira's featuring Gila Monster on her Movie Macabre this weekend.

Ghosty just let me know he is going on vacation this Saturday for a week, so he will not be able to join us for Movie Night #5.  sad

I told him to take pictures for us.

Just realized I'm chewing up about 1/2 of the 'Contests..' sub-board with all of the movie nights' posts.  Should I feel bad?

Nope, because Movie Night is an event, hence fits nicely into this forum. wink

WARNING!  WARNING!  DANGER WILL ROBINSON!  While testing the movies, I discovered they mixed up the Triple Terror link, the owners of that site accidentally uploaded "Don't Look in the Basement".  I have e-mailed them and asked them to correct it.  But I always have a plan "B", and the correct link for the triple player can be found here:  http://www.archive.org/details/ShockerI … pleFeature

You have the option of streaming or downloading.  I have started using "Real Player" for downloading as their new interface has made it super easy.  Enjoy!

The Ever Intrepid Possum!

Bump