Topic: Monkey boy's software test this weekend (June 11)

My trial period on my various software ran out, and I can't afford to buy the full working versions.  So, I'm going to try some new freeware software this weekend.  Saturday at 8 or 9PM.  We can throw on a movie if you like, I just need some people to yell at me for a bit so I can configure all this shit.  Or is you just want to read outloud to the world you Kirk-Spock sex fanfiction, that's (so totally un-) cool, too.

If you have some free time please hop on so I can do some recording tests.  Thanks,
Monkey with No Knickers

edit- note changed time

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-11 11:17:03)

Re: Monkey boy's software test this weekend (June 11)

As the great Michael McDonald once said, "Ya mo be there."

You have 'Evil Dead' 1 or 2?  That should generate enough chatter for me to get a baseline on everyting.  (I f'n hope)

Yup, got 'em both.  I'm a dedicated horror fan, the hell kind of question is that? big_smile

In retrospect, that was kinda stupid.
Mea culpa.

No big deal.  Omnia bona.

I should be around Saturday evening.   Evil Dead 1& 2?... check   smile

yeah i feel i could probably make a stop by a i can figure out then what im doing on skype hahahaha

Anybody use the Garage Band software?  I found a tutorial on Skype + Garage Band to record podcasts, but I think I'm doing something wrong.

edit- what a surprise, huh?  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-09 06:53:43)

i will be around but i do not have the evil dead series

Hm.  I'd like to check out this Garage Band software, but apparently it's only for Mac. hmm

LoudLon wrote:

Hm.  I'd like to check out this Garage Band software, but apparently it's only for Mac. hmm

Yeah, I'm all whacky like that!  But seriously, it comes with OS X, so why not give it a shot?  I've already dished out around $100 on other software to do Movie Night stuff (well, I do use it for other things now, too), so I'll try something free this time.

On another note, I'm finding this whole audio/visual thing quite fun.  Wonder if I could make any money out of it?

I smell an HM DVD line in the future...

Yeah, for a pizza and shipping, you too could have HM's Greatest Hits!
Order now at 1-555-AMONKEY!  Order fast, order many, order Cthulhu!  Supplies are limited to that stolen truck out back!

azathoth wrote:

Anybody use the Garage Band software?  I found a tutorial on Skype + Garage Band to record podcasts, but I think I'm doing something wrong.

edit- what a surprise, huh?  lol

It came on my Mac,  but I haven't got a clue how to use it.   My son might know,  I will ask him.

I'll see if I can make it or not, depends on if the laptop is available for useage tomorrow.

I need to change the time to later- I'm visiting the niece and nephew tomorrow, so I won't be back until 8 or 9 PM.  Sorry about that, but I haven't seen them in 4-5 weeks and I miss the munchkins.

what software are we using now? I MAY be able to do this...but I have windows

It'll be Skype gabs. He's just testing software to record the chat.
There's a Skype handle thread somewhere with everyone's names.

gabs1515 wrote:

what software are we using now? I MAY be able to do this...but I have windows

You just need to use Skype.  Free download.  Remember to post your Skype name in this thread.  Try to keep it something like you HM name if you can.  I'm doing all the backend work for the recording.

ah gotcha. I'm actually not going to be able to join tonight. My friends getting married and he finally got back to me last night about the reception location. And since its only a few blocks away...and open bar...I gotta go. I'm within walking distance of free booze, CAN'T PASS THAT UP.

Hell no. Free booze within walking distance? That's a no brainer wink
Just remember, any embarrassing drunken shenanigans must be documented and posted in the picture thread wink

Stop by next week for Drive-In night.

i definitely won't be there  tonight Az. especially as you are starting 8 or 9 pm your time as that's 1 or 2 am over here usually when i finish. having to many  late nights i was up until nearly 4 am today, talking to the wonderful possum xx( always a pleasure) but i have to go to bed because the wife misses me and i'm beginning to look like a raccoon.! it least it gives others the chance to get on if they don't want to be there when i'm on hmm and at least you won't get bored by me. i'll be there next week especially as it's possum's film night smile

No problem Wolfy, it's just for me to test my new recording setup(s).