Re: The Human Centipede sequel banned in U.K.

The first one was a great laugh. Not disturbing at all IMHO.  As a resident of sunny Scotland, I gotta say I aint concerned with the banning. Its not gonna stop anyone seeing it who wants to. I just hate censorship in general. Thanks BBFC, but us big boys n girls can all decide what we can handle viewing ourselves, thanks. Dipshits.

Kyle scott wrote:

.....Thanks BBFC, but us big boys n girls can all decide what we can handle viewing ourselves, thanks. Dipshits.

Monkey Approved!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xwE0rBDpg1Y/SPWTRUB1HiI/AAAAAAAACDc/Qq5yS5HZqic/s400/thumbs-up-orangutan.jpg

Baby_Firefly wrote:

Human Centipede is epic. I can't wait for the sequel and if they ban it in Australia I will punch a kitten lol. I can't download my speed is too slow and I have limited downloads.

It's awesome because it's freakin' hilarious and the idea is so unique. The guy playing the doctor is brilliant and so is the asian guy who played the 'head' of it. Plus you really get into it and want them to try to escape some way..even though wtf are they supposed to do? They have been mutilated.

I love how it says it could cause harm to viewers..it's just a movie.

^ this. Minus punching a kitten. I will punch a platypus, or a monkey. But I agree with baby, every single person who finds out I bought the first one (it was less than 10 bucks gimme a break and I enjoyed it so don't hate) is always like "you bought it!?" like fuck people...do you not know me, I buy all kinds of crap horror and like it. Anyway, no one will watch it they are all too scared. I never actually watched it since I saw it at the theater. I look forward to the second one to see how shocking it is.

^^
Whoa there!  I like crap horror, too, just not this one.  Personal tastes and all that.  When I criticize a movie, I'm not criticizing its fans.

I wasn't going to see movie anyway, i so clad i didn't buy the first one

azathoth wrote:

^^
Whoa there!  I like crap horror, too, just not this one.  Personal tastes and all that.  When I criticize a movie, I'm not criticizing its fans.

This.  All of it.  wink

And I'm calling bullshit that Baby would EVER punch a kitten.  That would never, never happen.  smile

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Anyway, no one will watch it they are all too scared.

All?  Well, I can't speak for ALL, but I can speak for myself, in which case it has nothing to do with being scared, and everything to do with the fact that the idea of a man sewing peoples' asses to other peoples' mouths sounds about as interesting to me as eating a bowl of shit for breakfast.  That's not scary; it's disgusting.

I expect more in a horror film than putridness, and since this one didn't sound like it provided anything other than disgust, I passed.  And it's the same reason I'll pass on the sequel.

Some folks enjoy watching people eat shit and some don't.  I fall into the latter camp.  It has nothing to do with being scared.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-06-08 15:12:54)

I don't think Vamp meant you when he said ALL were scared, sounded like he was referring to his friends who seen that he bought it and wouldn't watch it. Prob friends who were non horror fans. I had the same thing happen, when I first got it, I pulled it out and the bf and my friend were like "Nope. your on your own." So I just watched it alone.

I really enjoyed it, not because it was shocking, because it wasn't, but because the idea was intriguing and the movie was interesting. I thought it was a fun movie to watch, wasn't a boring moment for me.

Heh, you all should have seen Vampy's face when I told her what I was watching that night and she asked me to explain the premise.  (Let's just say she is not a hard core horror fan)

azathoth wrote:

Heh, you all should have seen Vampy's face when I told her what I was watching that night and she asked me to explain the premise.  (Let's just say she is not a hard core horror fan)

lmao. My lady walked in the room just as the chinese fella at the front was apologising for havin to make a pit stop. Perfect timing! She thinks Im sick; she may be right big_smile

IckiMikki wrote:

I don't think Vamp meant you when he said ALL were scared,

Did I come off as being defensive?  Not my intention.  Was just saying.

Oh, hell, Vampy knows I'm weird, twisted, demented, and can make a fine cheesesteak.  It's what makes me so sexy! lol
(That noise you're hearing?  It's half of HM laughing their asses off)

^ Azman... I'll take a "cheessteak." and Kyle Scott - Perfect timing.. lol.

-deadmanwalkin

Kyle scott wrote:

The first one was a great laugh. Not disturbing at all IMHO.  As a resident of sunny Scotland, I gotta say I aint concerned with the banning. Its not gonna stop anyone seeing it who wants to. I just hate censorship in general. Thanks BBFC, but us big boys n girls can all decide what we can handle viewing ourselves, thanks. Dipshits.

Well said, i got sick of all the cuts film were getting so i got myself a region 1 dvd player now i can get all the stuff they say i cant see.

I've not seen the first film yet but i want to just to see what all the fuss is about.

Baby_Firefly wrote:

Human Centipede is epic. I can't wait for the sequel and if they ban it in Australia I will punch a kitten lol. I can't download my speed is too slow and I have limited downloads.

It's awesome because it's freakin' hilarious and the idea is so unique. The guy playing the doctor is brilliant and so is the asian guy who played the 'head' of it. Plus you really get into it and want them to try to escape some way..even though wtf are they supposed to do? They have been mutilated.

From an online article:"In Australia the film has been granted a certificate with no cuts. We are extremely surprised therefore by the BBFC's decision," said Bounty managing director Tony Romeo.
Article link:
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a … ealed.html

Part Uno was a well thought out, well shot, well acted film.

However...it did not appeal to everyone. Yet the hype was so much, yet the advertisement was there, yet...

In the world of movies, it has become evident...back in the day it was, "Hey, there's a new movie coming out!"

Now it's, "Hey, let's trash, criticize, thwart and pre-judge  this new movie coming out."

Oh by the way...I love the lead guy in the cent.

He counted in Japanese so they could take steps to get away.
Itch=1
Nee=2
Soh=3

...and the rest

Shee=4
Go=5
Rook=6
Sichee=7
Hochee=8
Koo=9
Joo=10

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2011-06-09 23:19:33)

moviemaven wrote:
azathoth wrote:

^^

This.  All of it.  wink

And I'm calling bullshit that Baby would EVER punch a kitten.  That would never, never happen.  smile

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. You got me there tongue

hellrat wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

From an online article:"In Australia the film has been granted a certificate with no cuts. We are extremely surprised therefore by the BBFC's decision," said Bounty managing director Tony Romeo.
Article link:
http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a … ealed.html

WOW. Australia bans everything I am amazed they let this pass! Considering you can't get an uncut version of Serbian Film here.

moviemaven wrote:

I hated the first one and was bored to tears.

Agreed. I'm definitely not going to waste my time on a sequel.

So this sequel is supposed to be about a fan of the movie Human Centipede (the First Sequence ) ?  who tries to create his own  version of the centipede, although he is no doctor ?  really ?

The whole point of people liking Centipede was it is an original idea which is sorely lacking in today's film industry. The first one was low budget, badly acted and bizzare without being Rob Zombie bat shit crazy...which is why I liked it. The second one was literally just for shock and awe. If you'd seen the first you just had to see the second, simple as. Was it as bad as some movies i've seen, no...but it depends on what your concept of crossing the moral decency line is.

Centipede has succeeded in doing one thing and that's everyone is talking about it, so hats off to Mr Six as I say mission accomplished.

So just saw this, was good.  Was entertaining and fun to watch.

* SPOILER *

Biggest disappointing for me was that the human centipede issue itself had little focus in this movie...like it only took up a few minutes and totally failed.  So that sucked, cuz that was great in the first one.

However, this one was still entertaining.

ShadyCataldi wrote:

The whole point of people liking Centipede was it is an original idea which is sorely lacking in today's film industry. The first one was low budget, badly acted and bizzare without being Rob Zombie bat shit crazy...which is why I liked it. The second one was literally just for shock and awe. If you'd seen the first you just had to see the second, simple as. Was it as bad as some movies i've seen, no...but it depends on what your concept of crossing the moral decency line is.

Centipede has succeeded in doing one thing and that's everyone is talking about it, so hats off to Mr Six as I say mission accomplished.

I've yet to see part II, but from everything I've heard, thats pretty much what I've come to expect from it. That being said, I'm still gonna buy it from the collection.

I enjoyed the first movie.

No, it's not shocking. No, it's not scary, especially. It is a fabulous commentary on what it means to be human, IMO.

The juxtaposition of the completely insane, inhuman doctor and the 'creature' he creates which is more human than he will ever be is not new (it IS basically Frankenstein with coprophilia, really) but really well done. I especially liked the scenes involving the cage at night where the centipede 'segments' are holding hands and trying their best to comfort each other. In a film like this, too many people only seem to see the gross parts, but totally overlook the more sensitive side of things, which is how the greater meaning is lost.

Having said that, reading the review of the sequel, it does basically sound like someone went, 'Hey, I know, let's do a Centipede movie with a more rapy angle, that'll be good.' The irony is not lost on me however, that the BBFC seemed to completly miss the fact that the doctor in the first film is clearly aroused by his creation, particularly when he's encouraging the front segment to 'FEED HER, FEED HER'.