Topic: Dinoshark

Surprised that it wasn't as profusely silly as the Shartopus, Mega Shark Octupus, Crocsaurous DinoCroc etc movies. Eric Balfour added some quality to the cast, the script had some decent scenes/dialogue, and the monster was played 70s style for the most part. And it was well shot with solid tech grades.

Of course... the film faltered in the narrative / plot department. The script waited far, far too long to tie in the main cast with Dinoshark killing stuff. Both narratives seemed to run on two separate story lines, and when their tracks finally crossed, it was too late and the movie had become tiresome.

My favorite giant sea monster direct-to-DVD pic of the post millennium is still OCTOPUS.

Re: Dinoshark

I just got Sharktopus and Dinoshark brand new in from eBay for about 9 bucks together but I returned Dinoshark to walmart...how does it compare to Sharktopus if you have seen it? Worth a rental maybe? Or... an online viewing? I don't think I would have kept that one either way since I would rather the 20 bucks from walmart haha but I might want to check it out, I thought Sharktopus was pretty fun, bad, but in a fun way.

I wouldn't buy either... but that's me.

The comparison between the Sharktopus and Dinoshark is easily drawn from them both being a part of the big & silly aquatic monster movie glut of late.

The only reason I kinda thought Dinoshark was an interesting diversion from the rest of the school, though in itself not interesting enough to purchase, was that the acting was at least decent, the script had plausible dialogue, and the makers didn't go overboard with the monster attacks... like making it climb onto land to eat people... which actually would be fun to watch.... but not when you marry real people with bad video game level CGI. Maybe when the technology, or investment in better, existing CGI is used for these films, I'll laugh at such monster attack concoctions; but for the right reasons.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2011-06-10 06:49:02)

Neither are as bad (and hilariously stupid) as Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.  Just sayin'.

You all need to see Mega Pirahna if you haven't. It blows all Mega's and puss's out of the water. (heh heh, get it?)

Mega Pirahna is awesome, and you can get it on a DVD two pack with Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus which is even more awesome.

Oh man, when the piranha started jumping into the houses Vampy and I were nearly crying we were laughing so hard.

The bicycle kicking scene is the most epic fish scene evar.

I was blown away by Mega Piranha, and not in a good way. Out of all of those SYFY channel killer animal flicks Mega Piranha is by far the most over the top and hilarious.  Anyways, I will say Dinoshark was actually watchable, can't say that about a lot of those. Seabeast is still my favorite out of all of them though.