Re: HM Movie Night #6 Official Announcement (June 25th)

Y'know, man, I've teased you about the pink Polo shirt in the past but "collar up"?  That's over the line, man.  Over the line!  In fact, it's SO far over the line that if it were to look down at the line, the line would be so far away as to look like an ant.  Or maybe an inordinately small dash.

Unforgivable, sir.  Unforgivable.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-06-24 03:51:14)

Oddly, I could get away with it because I was the biggest offensive lineman on the team.  Except for the one 300+ freak of nature who I always got to battle against since he blew everyone else over.

When you own the line, the line does what you say.  And I said.... (shit, I can't think of a good way to end this)

Anyway, what do you want, it was the 80s!

Y'know, I forgot that you're bigger than me.

I was just kidding about the unforgivable thing.  It's, like, SO forgivable...

As a side note, I had to edit my post above when I realized I misspelled "unforgivable" not once, but twice.

Sheesh...

You could get away with a lot of 'fashion' in the 80s in high school! I think if high school kids watch 80s high school comedies, they would be like "aw, hell no they dressed/acted/danced like that."  Oh, yes, yes we did.  And dangnabit, it was fun.  I don't know what it was, but it seemed like everyone said "fuck it, let's have fun" or something.  Then the grunge, goth, emo crap popped up.  Much too dark for my flavor.  (This coming from a 30+ year old who has a stuffed monkey with a knife and inserts talking monkey noises into podcasts.  I think they put PCP and coke into the water supply in the 80s, too.  lol  )

edit- still can't think of a good way to end that sentence "when you own the line..."  sad

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-24 04:02:35)

Dude, I was the worst dresser ever in high school.  One day I'd be wearing slacks and jazz shoes like Bruce Willis on Moonlighting, the next I'd be wearing my intramural basketball tee-shirt ("Metal Maniacs" -- scored a whole four points one game) and Bermuda shorts with Pony high tops.  And don't get me started on my "Muscle & Fitness" phase...

Oh, one more thing:

"When you own the line, the line does what you say.  And I said.... "

"...Yo, bitch!  Go fix me a turkey pot pie."

I figured hell with it, since we're talking about the 80s...

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-06-24 05:55:29)

Whenever your down to do Highway 91, or any of my other flicks, just let me know :- )

Sonny wrote:

Whenever your down to do Highway 91, or any of my other flicks, just let me know :- )

I've them to the list.

LoudLon wrote:

.... my intramural basketball tee-shirt ("Metal Maniacs" -- scored a whole four points one game) ...

I once scored a basket for the other team.  And my mom was in the audience for that game...
You know it's bad when you're own coach takes a time out, not to yell at you, but to laugh at you (we were down by 20 in the 3rd period, already).  lol

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

looks like a good time to bump

Doing the bumpty bump!

azathoth wrote:

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

More like:
Tomorrow, tomorrow
Crunch crunch
Brains!!!!!

I'm a minimalist.  big_smile

I was waiting for hours to see when you would respond to that last post of mine lol

Some stuff for today's Movie Night-

For some reason my USB headset adapter likes to start getting staticy about once an hour, so let me know (I don't hear it) so I can reset the thing.

I'm going to run the movies on my computer to record the movie's sound on a separate track from Skype.  This means that if anyone has their speakers turned up too high and it leaks through their mic, the podcast will end up with an echo effect.

So if I hear that, I'm going to have to ask you to turn down your speakers, turn down the input level on your mic, or mute your mic unless you are actually talking.  If you don't, I'll boot you (I don't think I can just mute you).  Sorry, this was a problem last week that bothered more than one person, plus it messed up the recording.

If you want, I can run a quick test on your audio setup before we start recording to make sure you're not whacking my levels off.  (heh heh, that sounded teenagerish funny) 

Sorry to get all Mr. Roboto on you, but we blew a perfectly great 'Giant Gila' last weekend (yeah, that one was on purpose).

Last edited by azathoth (2011-06-25 05:46:34)

Little more than 3 hours.
And read my previous post if you haven't yet.

Awesomeee. Yeah, I might need this echo test since I don't have a headset since I just use my laptop's microphone and I don't know if it will pick up the movie from the TV or not /:

I am tring to get there tonight, since my hard  drive on m new pc is about to fail i am bringing out m old desktop an I have to redownload

Already have both movies ready to go: one in my DVD player, the other in the DVD player component of my broadband/cable box.

Really been looking forward to this Movie Night, mostly because the movies playing were chosen by yours truly.  For those of you who've never seen them, I hope you enjoy 'em. smile

Question! They made a remake of hell house in like..the 90's or something, didn't they? Where people are stuck in a house and have to like live through the night or through the weekend and they get a million dollar check and the place is haunted..I have never seen The Legend of Hell House and I have only seen this movie I'm thinking of once and I can't remember what it's called. >.<

You're thinking the '99 flick House on Haunted Hill, which was a remake of a William Castle flick of the same name from '58.

Legend of Hell House is the film adaptation of the classic Richard Matheson novel "Hell House."  It's never been remade, but there has been a graphic novel adaptation of the source novel which includes all the novel's sex and graphic violence.  Legend of Hell House, though the screenplay is also written by Matheson, omits that stuff and focuses instead on tension, mood and atmosphere.

Ugh, all these house ghost movies are confusing me haha. Ah ok, thanks! Duh, I feel dumb haha. I'm pumped to watch this movie, I have been meaning to download and watch it but have just never got around to it.

On Skype now....