Topic: Marebito

I'd like to take the time to talk about a film that is often overlooked in the ranks of the great Asian Horror films.  Marebito is a very different take on the horror genre from director Takashi Simizu who you may know more for Ju-On/The Grudge fame.  This is a very thought provoking film about a man's pursuit to find what true terror is.  He films everything he does and goes back to try and figure out what people he records are terrified of.  In doing so he finds a hidden underground world unlike anything he's used to on the surface.

This is a hidden gem in the ranks of Asian horror.  It is filmed in some parts in 1st person view through trhe main characters camera.  It is truely underrated and needs to be seen by anyone who loves Asian horror or a film that makes you think.

Goon and I reviewed it with a 9, and Meh reviewed and gave it an 8.  I truely think more people need to see this movie and help it claim it's spot in the upper echelon of asian horror.  Oh an FYI: this was only filmed in 8 days between productions of Ju-On and The Grude.

Here is the trailer.  Just a little disclaimer for anyone who may need it: This trailer has some brief female nudity. 
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TVJwyjselg[/youtube]

Re: Marebito

Yea this is a great film.. It also has a bit of a Lovecraftian feel about it.. If you really like Asian cinema.. This is really a must see..

I have this movie and yeah I really think it 's great also. A very eerie and original film.
Yeah I agree it's a must see for sure.

You guys said it all.  Another great Asian horror film.  I still need to pick up the excellent DVD provided by Tartan.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

You guys said it all.  Another great Asian horror film.  I still need to pick up the excellent DVD provided by Tartan.

Gotta love some of the films Tartan puts out.  With Marebito and A Tale of Two Sisters in my collection, Tartan has helped provide my collection with the BEST asian horror has to offer!