Re: Troll Hunter

Deth_Banger wrote:
alien25 wrote:
Deth_Banger wrote:

It's actually September, 9th!! It's too long! But, Troll Hunter is one film I need to see, it looks epic! September is so far! sad

Well, there are other ways. wink

Well... we shall see, I guess it's try before you buy? big_smile

Well damn!  I was going to send you a link, but now it is gone.  Drat!!

alien25 wrote:
Deth_Banger wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Well, there are other ways. wink

Well... we shall see, I guess it's try before you buy? big_smile

Well damn!  I was going to send you a link, but now it is gone.  Drat!!

No worries dude, thanks for trying. Good things come to those who wait, as they say. smile

^Yup, and this one is worth the wait. smile

I really want to see this. Hope it comes out soon.

Reviving an old thread LOL. Saw this movie and although its stealing alot from Blair Witch project. I really enjoyed the movie. The trolls were nicely crafted and realistic.

When I saw the trailer I thought this movie would be so silly and not worth watching.. but after watching it I was really impressed. I found myself getting totally engrossed in the film and thought the effects were awesome. It was a well made film

Welcome chaosalex.

What did they "steal" from Blair Witch?

Ghostseeker wrote:

Welcome chaosalex.

What did they "steal" from Blair Witch?

hmmm good question.. Im interested to know also.  perhaps the sounds of rocks tumbling ?  or the crew running with cameras ? smile

oh and yes, welcome to the pit

Mostly just the idea of footage being found, young students documenting a story (although originally about bears), chasing the story further when they could of opted out, running for their life (with cameras) and at the end the camera falls and story ends saying that was the last of the  footage. Besides that. Its a great original story wink

I think Blair Witch clearly influenced many movies, especially those in the Found Footage genres.  I think you could look at a lot, if not most, Found Footage movies and say they were taking their ideas from Blair Witch.  I just think many of those ideas are just characteristics of those types of movies though.

So I guess what I'm saying is I don't look at Troll Hunter as stealing ideas from Blair Witch any more than most other Found Footage movies.  Just my humble opinion and not saying yours isn't valid.  smile

Troll Hunter is far superior to Blair Witch, to be honest. This movie delivers. And it is a different sort of cinema from the standard American fare. That's why I love many different movies from as many different countries. You can tell there's a different mentality at work.

Also, I think most of this went beyond people from the New World (No offense intended, just saying that this kind of folklore is probably not in your country), but the folklore works out completely. Christian blood, living under bridges, daylight, it all comes straight out of old Norse fables.