Topic: Halloween II (1981) blu-ray

This September, Universal Home Entertainment will release 1981's Halloween II in a 30th Anniversary Edition. Picking up immediately after the events of the first Halloween, the sequel finds Michael Myers terrorizing Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis, Trading Places) in a nearby hospital.

Universal's Blu-ray of Halloween II presents the film in its original aspect ratio of 2.39:1; the disc will also feature a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. In terms of supplements, the Blu-ray includes:

Alternate Ending
Terror in the Asles documentary
The Halloween II: 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray streets on September 13th.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6789

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait for this. No, it's not the Rosenthal version but the best we can get I guess. Thoughts/Opinions?

Re: Halloween II (1981) blu-ray

Sounds cool.  2.39:1 sounds weird, ah well.  But no commentary(s)?  I wonder if they are going to do the 'Anniversary Edition' then 'Special Edition' and then 'Mind-blowing Edition' tricks they did with DVDs as they transfer over to Blu-ray?

I can't wait for "Halloween 3's" 'Something Edition!'   lol

Thanks for the info.  I'll probably pass for now to see if they release a 'Slightly Better Than Last Time Version' first.

this does sound pretty sweet.  I assume they're including the alternate TV ending which I haven't seen in some time.  Actually the TV version contains a lot of added and changed little sequences including some snipped gore and variations on a couple kills - wonder if they'll include any of that stuff as well.
and it's nice to see Terror In The Aisles finally get a proper digital release, it's about time.  smile

yeah i read about this im for sure gonna have to pick it up

I'm buying this but am not happy with it being the theatrical version. Can't wait 2 hear it in DTS 5.1 though.

I''m hoping that someday they will release it uncut with all of the kill scenes intact.

yeah I am hoping the same, Suspiria! Let's just hope that'll happen but with it being Universal I doubt it.

I know years ago a buddy of mine claimed to have a totally uncut and nice looking work-print of H2, but I could never confirm this for myself.  I would have to assume in the age of the internet if such a thing existed it would have made the rounds though.

I very much cannot wait for this.  It is my favorite sequel of all time and having it on Blu makes it all the better!