Re: Any news on Cloverfield 2

alien25 wrote:

I've said all along that the material for a prequel is already there in all of the viral marketing that was used to promote the first movie.  The oil rig, the tanker, the beached whales, the splash in the Conney Island footage could be used to explain the origins of the monster and show the events that led up to its arrival in Manhattan.

Whoa I need to rewatch and look for that stuff. I knew about the thing falling in the water but I didn't notice everything else.

I really enjoyed this film. It left so much to the imagination and built up so much suspense. Can't wait for the sequel!

I remember after the dvd came out, I was always searching around and trying to find all the information I could. It was like a fun little ARG game or something. I forget most of it now. Something with Slusho? I probably got that name wrong.

Sounds like they want to make one, but it's going to be a while. I enjoyed the first a lot.

Barbatos wrote:
alien25 wrote:

I've said all along that the material for a prequel is already there in all of the viral marketing that was used to promote the first movie.  The oil rig, the tanker, the beached whales, the splash in the Conney Island footage could be used to explain the origins of the monster and show the events that led up to its arrival in Manhattan.

Whoa I need to rewatch and look for that stuff. I knew about the thing falling in the water but I didn't notice everything else.

I really enjoyed this film. It left so much to the imagination and built up so much suspense. Can't wait for the sequel!

Most of the stuff wasn't in the movie, it was used in the viral marketing campaign that led up to the movies' release.  There was a ton of stuff, so much so that it turned some folks off.  There are sites out there, I dont recall any by name, that followed it all, solving the puzzels,  and unlocking all of the clues.  I am sure you could find them if you did a search.  But some folks had alot more time on their hands than the rest of us. smile