Re: Horror Profiles

This is a really cool idea. I can't think of anything to add at the moment, but ya your doing a great job here Meh

Everything listed so far sounds great.  I just hope this doesnt turn into one of these myspace deals.  But um...HORRAH!!!

what do you mean by turns into a myspace deal bro? The idea is to make it a place where you can build a list, have some fun, and interact with one another.. smile

Well have you seen myspace lately?  It's been turning into peoples whole worlds and they devote like 24 hours to working on there page.  They have like billions of pictures of themselves and they start adressing where they live and there phone numbers and basically personal information that anyone with a computer and internet acces can aquire.  I really dont think this'll turn into it at all and I'm excited for the idea.  And plus when you say it like that it sounds so fun.

MySpace is something that is gonna be totally smashed on VH1 "I love the 2000s" when they get around to it.

And we are less weird than the Myspace users.

Can't vait for the profiles smile

yeah what we will have is a profile page where people can learn about you and your horror interests. It wont allow you to upload pictures or make it FLASH and BEEP and play sounds. lol.

Heh yea.. We don't want to build like a Horror MySpace.. thats already been done.. We just want to make something that you guys can use and enjoy while your perusing the site.. Plus I know I could reccomend a ton of movies to folks by knowing what kind of films they like.

I really didnt think it was gonna turn into a myspace deal, I've just been a myspace hater for quite some time.  Plus, its a terrific idea and I think it will attract a lot more people to the friendly community of HM.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

MySpace is something that is gonna be totally smashed on VH1 "I love the 2000s" when they get around to it.

And we are less weird than the Myspace users.

Can't vait for the profiles smile

I completely agree.

Besides, everyone knows that MySpace users require the blood of the innocent to fuel their pages... *weird shifty eyes*.  Lol.

But, I really like where this is going.  Seems like a great idea.

I like this idea as Myspace has never interested me.  How about a photo gallery where members can post scenes from their favorite horror movies for others to view.  It would be a great way to express likes and dislikes.

it would be really cool if the picture gallery came back.

I also think personal photo galleries would be a nice addition to everyone's profile. I always liked having those back on Movies Online when the sitw was still young.

Yea we are working on getting the photo gallery back.. Trust me I've been on Mike to get that thing up and going for quite sometime.. I think he is mulling on exactly how he wants to do it on the site.. Maybe we can work out a way to implement it on the profiles...

I read about this in a different forum and thought that it could fit here.  We should have a space on our profile page for horror fanfiction.  That would be a great way to explore talent and have a few contests even.  I think that would be fun.

I've got a question.  It's not really about the horror profiles but I found no place else to ask it so here it goes.  Is there anyway to make it so you can do a book review or a game review?  Along with movie reviews, it would be cool to see some book and game reviews.  Just an idea.

Goon wrote:

Yea we are working on getting the photo gallery back.. Trust me I've been on Mike to get that thing up and going for quite sometime.. I think he is mulling on exactly how he wants to do it on the site.. Maybe we can work out a way to implement it on the profiles...

Sweet-tastic!

Also, I think Vorwald's idea would be a pretty cool addition to our profiles as well. I totally agree with TiM on the gaming and literature reviews too.

Last edited by Leon (2006-09-24 20:27:09)

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I've got a question.  It's not really about the horror profiles but I found no place else to ask it so here it goes.  Is there anyway to make it so you can do a book review or a game review?  Along with movie reviews, it would be cool to see some book and game reviews.  Just an idea.

www.moviesonline.ca

www.game-reviews.ca

Thanks for the links, but I was referring to having horror book and game reviews over here at HM.

tim that is something that stigma and I have been talking about. Stigma is a novelist and as such I am going to be adding a bit more book materials so you can do book and game reviews. Will not be to far down the pipe.

Alright, awesome.  Thanks a lot Meh.

Awesome news. Looks like I'll be able to get some gaming reviews up after all. I've got a few book reviews I'd like to do as well.

Awesome.

Looks like you guys have got a good thing going here. I've been a very busy man as of late and haven't had a chance to peruse through everything on here in awhile. I think this profile idea is great. I'm diggin the new poll option too. Keep up the good work smile

Yeah, likewise with the new polls.  Great addition.

Polls are always cool