Topic: New Box Office August record

So The Bourne Ultimatum set the best weekend opening ever in the month of August with a gross of $70.2 million its first weekend.  Not too shabby.  It is a really good movie series and I think Damon was the perfect casting for this role.  Look forward to seeing this then reading the 4th book in the series. 

With Bourne Ultimatum setting an August box office opening record,  how close can Halloween come to this record at the end of the month?  I'd say a very optomistic estimate is a little more than half this......

But anyways thats besdies the point, keep kickin ass Jason Bourne and people will keep coming to see it!

Re: New Box Office August record

ya i heard about that, i want to go see it. it looks really goo, i love the first 2 in the series.

jmh314 wrote:

So The Bourne Ultimatum set the best weekend opening ever in the month of August with a gross of $70.2 million its first weekend.  Not too shabby.  It is a really good movie series and I think Damon was the perfect casting for this role.  Look forward to seeing this then reading the 4th book in the series. 

With Bourne Ultimatum setting an August box office opening record,  how close can Halloween come to this record at the end of the month?  I'd say a very optomistic estimate is a little more than half this......

But anyways thats besdies the point, keep kickin ass Jason Bourne and people will keep coming to see it!

You would be right on HALLOWEEN jmh, plenty of buzz in horror communities that doesn't necessarily get reflected at the Box Office. Might suffer a backlash from fans pissed at remakes.

I think Halloween will do great its opening weekend. You think about everyone who loves Michael and Who loves rob Zombie. Their gonna wanna see it. Im thinking this film will make at least 100 Million within its first 2 weeks.

sickf**k wrote:

I think Halloween will do great its opening weekend. You think about everyone who loves Michael and Who loves rob Zombie. Their gonna wanna see it. Im thinking this film will make at least 100 Million within its first 2 weeks.

$100 million in 2 weeks?  Somehow I think that is WAY over predicted.  You mentioned everyone who loves Zombie, are these the same fans who only led Devil's Rejects to a $7 mil opening?  Sure Halloween will debut on twice as many screens, but I think this will still only do around the $30 million range of the TCM remake maybe top out no higher than $45 million.

Even with the $70 million Bourne made, it needs to do half that to make $100 in it's 2 weeks. And they have to go up against Rush Hour 3 and the family move Daddy Day Camp this coming weekend to get there. So it's a tough thing to do for a big draw like Bourne, let alone Halloween.