Re: What R U Reading?

"Poe's Tales of Mystery and Terror", a compilation of Edgar Allen Poe works.

^ That sounds awesome. I've been wanting to get some works of Poe, and I love me some compilations.

Currently I am reading The New Dead. Its a zombie (obviously) anthology book. Like I said before, I love short stories, and zombies even more. Highly recommend this book.

I wouldn't call it serious reading, but I purchased the Hellraiser graphic novel anthologies, Volumes I-III. With people like Clive Barker and Neil Gaiman writing the stories... so far, so good.

Been re-reading Stephen King's BAG OF BONES.  Awesome.

Just got my hands on about a hundred or so various issues of Savage Dragon, which I haven't read in about fourteen years.  That's a lot of brushin' up to do...

kinda dim in the comic dept.   is that the weirdo with the green mohawk?  LOL

Yeah -- though it was a fin, not a mohawk. lol

Used to be a great comic book -- lots of violence, a HUGE assortment of characters, good writing, but I lost track of the series when I moved to Canada back in late '00, somewhere around issue 75.  But I just skimmed through issues 76-132 and man, the quality of that book went WAY downhill.  The artwork's sloppy and inconsistent and the storytelling is repetitive and hackneyed.

Still, though.  The first 40-50 issues of that book was a lot of fun.  It was one of the better Image comics of its time.

Last edited by LoudLon (2011-07-03 18:17:56)

Waitin' on the new Walking Dead issue, #86 I think it is. Really interested in the Witch Doctor comic they've been hypin' up also.

Pretty Little Liars-Sara Shepard

the Sookie Stackhouse series

Aftermath, Inc.: Cleaning up after CSI goes home

Shot by Shot, by Steven D. Katz

In the Blink of an Eye, by Walter Murch

On Directing, by David Mamet

and...

Re-reading Crash, by JG Ballard.

Crash.
nice.
love Cronenberg's adaptation, too  smile

Got a copy of it here just waiting to be watched. Gonna definitely give it a view after I finish the book this time, I have high expectations, Cronenberg is easily one of my favorite directors and if he can pull off a decent adaptation with Naked Lunch, I'm sure he can do this novel justice.

Cronenberg IS my favorite director.
I predict you and I shall get along just fine.  LOL

That's awesome, man. I'm more excited to see A Dangerous Method then any other upcoming movie. Oh, and I watched Eastern Promises for the first time last week, and was blown away, one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

A History Of Violence is top notch, too, if you haven't seen it.
I do wish he'd return to Horror, but his films are often so visceral that they come close anyway so at least there's that

A return to horror would be nice. Videodrome and The Brood are among the best of the genre, in my opinion.

I am reading "The Singularity is Near"....... Highly recommended. If Philip K Dick had been an actual scientist this is probably the book he would have written. A terrifying vision of science fact... both wonderful to think about and scary to consider how real this prediction of our genesis as a species will be.

SW1134 wrote:

^ That sounds awesome. I've been wanting to get some works of Poe, and I love me some compilations.

Yeah, it was a good little collection. Wasn't ALL of his works, only about 8 of his stories were included

The Fall of the House of Usher - One of my favs, loved it
The Cask of Amontillado - Great story, fun read
The Masque of Red Death - Another good one, no hiding from death, it'll be there eventually
The Gold Bug - Good read, fun story
The Murders In The Rue Morgue - How bizzare, awesomness.
The Pit And The Pendulum - Great visuals, great descriptions of human desperation at its finest
The Purloined Envelope - Good mystery story, the original Sherlock Holmes.
The Mystery of Marie Roget - Sorry, this story just bored the f*** out of me, no way around that . LOL

I am still suffering through the Dark Tower series. I am 70% into book 5

Just started A Clockwork Orange.. So far i'm pretty impressed.

oh shit.  first timer, huh?  that's good stuff right there wink

what I find most remarkable about it is how young Alex is actually made out to be, whereas in the film he's portrayed as a bit older.
The language def. keeps you on your toes.  LOL

I first read that when I was 17 I think and some of it was lost on me at the time.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2011-07-10 19:10:12)

yeah i love the way its written... Really imaginative... It's crazy how someone can come up with all that..

Currently reading for the 2nd time 'The Living Dead', edited by John Joseph Adams. A compilation of Zombie short stories. My favorite the first time I read through was 'Stockhold Syndrom'. So far that is my favorite again. They put out a part two to this book that I really want to pick up.