Topic: Evil Dead 4

So I read up on a couple of news sites.. They were unclear whether the new Evil Dead will be a sequel or a remake.. Does anyone know the deal?

and do we know if Bruce Campbell is gonna star? and why isn't Sam Raimi directing? what a schmuck...

From the sounds of it this new movie will be bad... I bet it'll be all CGI and no B-Grade ingenuity...

Re: Evil Dead 4

Here's the official scoop http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/07/off … ouncement/

I've been reading all of the news updates, at this point I'm less than thrilled.  sad

The only thing that gives me hope is that Raimi, Tappert, and The Bruce are in charge.  I'm going to have to look up how they resolved all the license issues from 'Evil Dead.'

I too have been following updates and am staying open minded. This is Raimi's baby we're talking about, and his fans have been wanting/hoping for a 4th installment. I'm hoping" Raimi makes damn sure this film is done right!"

It seems to me like all roads lead to a letdown. I'm not too thrilled that this isn't a sequel. I'll be really upset if Bruce doesn't reprise his role.

Cap Howdy wrote:

Here's the official scoop http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/07/off … ouncement/

Thanks for the link Cap.
Will Campbell just be co-producing or will he be in front of the camera as well?
Any one know?

I'm thinking Campbell will at least make a cameo appearance.

My only issue is, that if this dude that they want to write and direct the remake/reboot, why bring in Diablo Cody revise his script?  I don't get it?  I liked what I saw of Juno, but Jennifer's Body was not good.

If it is a sequel, i don't understand why Raimi isn't directing... I read somewhere that it would be a 'quasi-sequel'.. So i suppose similar to how Evil Dead 2 can be watched as both a remake and sequel.. I hope this is done right but i have little faith...

bruuce campbell will for sure be in the film, bruce is evil dead! hail to the king baby!