Topic: 48 Hour Film Project

Hey fellow ghouls and blood suckers, the sickfucker is back to bring you up to date with whats been going on lately. First let me say I apologize for not really keeping up with the forum but I am on the site daily to see what everyone else is up to. But I've been very busy with school and then outside film jobs and just pretty much trying to rise to the top. If you may recall I directed a segment for a documentary about how Night of the Living Dead influenced today's horror movies, as well as a documentary about volunteer firefighters.

Now, my weekend consisted of 7 Hours of sleep and 41 hours of film making. It's all part of the Pittsburgh 48 Film Project which if your too dumb to know what that means, you pretty much have 48 Hours to make a short film. The catch is they pick a genre for you plus a character, a prop and a line of dialog. I directed this as well and it premieres this Friday at 7PM in Pittsburgh. It's the first time I'm showing my work in an actual theater and it's very exciting. 

Here's the trailer for The Canned Case which is directed by I, Drew Pizzo as well as the students of the John Russo Movie Making Program. Check it out and tell me what you think of it smile
By the way the genre I picked was Sci-Fi and the character is Detective Paul Perry, Our prop is an Umbrella, and the Line of dialog is I meant to tell you a few days ago.

http://vimeo.com/26388490

Re: 48 Hour Film Project

goddamn trashcans, huh?  LOL

looks and sounds great, sick!

How many other projects are taking part?
and are there any awards or prizes given,
or is just the opportunity to have your stuff viewed by a real audience?

There's 27 other shorts and The grand prize is a trophy and we go national against the best of each city, then there's other awards like best costume, best directing, best cinematography, best use of character, best use of dialog, best use of prop, best acting and several more.

sounds friggin awesome, man.  Best of luck to ya!

any chance we can be privy to the final product afterward?

Good luck!

After this weekend, I'll be putting it online for everyone to see smile

Today's the big day everybody smile

Woot woot!

Will look for it later today, after work. And a big "Good Luck," to ya.

My 48 HFF trailer is better than yours!!!!!

haha, jk man, it looks great. Hope you guys win major awards.