Re: upcoming films your excited about?

A friend of mine went and saw Red State when Kevin Smith was going around and showing the movie in different cities and from the things he told me about it, it sounds fucking amazing. So right now that's the one I'm looking forwards to seeing the most. That and Knights of Badassdom, which has the potential to be ground breaking.

fright night
crazy stupid love

Captain America. Let's hope Chris Evans doesn't make CA into a witful, kiddy, character. His Human Torch portrayal in the Fantastic 4 felt more like Peter Parker with his wimsy and charming attitude I just hope we get a serious Steve Rogers.

Insidious  Insidious.  Insidious!  INSIDIOUS!  Comes out on DVD in a few days.  I have allowed myself to get excited about this movie!  smile  That almost certainly means I will be severely disappointed!  mad

The Troll Hunter - Which I'm convinced I'm actually destined not to see as I've wanted to see it for months and apparently it has come out on numerous medias...however nothing I can find except possibly an Amazon rent for a ridiculous $7, and I have no idea how that works.  Supposed to be On Demand but it's not here. 

Scream 4 - Actually did the marathon (late and over several weeks as I wasn't really enthused to do it) of watching (re-watching with the first two) the first three before seeing four, but it took so long it wasn't in Theaters anymore.  We even had a babysitter ready.  We don't go to the theater much and I was really looking forward to popcorn and other movie food!  Oh well...have to see something else at the theater at some point and see Scream 4 when it comes out on DVD.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Insidious  Insidious.  Insidious!  INSIDIOUS!  Comes out on DVD in a few days.  I have allowed myself to get excited about this movie!  smile  That almost certainly means I will be severely disappointed!  mad

Yes! Me too! My brother hyped up this movie so much that I can't wait to see it! (Of course I'll probably be disappointed too, but ah well. wink )

I'm not sure if it will be available on pay per view by this weekend though. All of the video stores have closed up shop in my area!

Captain America next week! Also, the Amazing Spider-Man, Dark Knight Rises, Dredd. Probly some others.

HORRORKID wrote:

the thing prequel comes out in october so im looking foward to tht

Just saw the trailer.. it looks too similar to the John Carpenter version..

Ophelia wrote:

Yes! Me too! My brother hyped up this movie so much that I can't wait to see it! (Of course I'll probably be disappointed too, but ah well.

You won't be. "Insidious" is awesome!

Ms45 wrote:
HORRORKID wrote:

the thing prequel comes out in october so im looking foward to tht

Just saw the trailer.. it looks too similar to the John Carpenter version..

There is actually a trailer? I didn't know they released one. There are some fan-made trailers circulating for some time, but those are mostly compilations of scenes from the original or from "Whiteout" (terrible, terrible movie). Anyway, I would appreciate a link. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txjm94Gn … ture=share
There you go, Hicks. After seeing it, I must admit. I'm kinda psyched.

Last edited by MacheteMassacre (2011-07-14 18:54:35)

Sweet! Thanks, MM! And yeah, it looks similar to the orig, but that's the whole point, right? Unfortunately, the CGI will mess things up a bit, but these are the times we're living in.

Last edited by Hicks (2011-07-14 19:06:02)

Yeah I just had a discussion with a friend while we were filming about the the new film, the plot and CG. But, we will have to see.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txjm94Gn … ture=share
There you go, Hicks. After seeing it, I must admit. I'm kinda psyched.

After watching that trailer, I'm actually quite looking forward to watching the movie. It should be good, Considering the producers! big_smile

Dont be afried gives me tingly in my.. I um have high hopes.

Prometheus, which I really hope will be great.
The Cabin in the Woods might be fun too.

Red State!!!!!!!!

mission impossible ghost protocol (I love the mission impossible movies)
the thing looks pretty good also

The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man when it comes to superhero flicks. TASM will be a good start to a new series of Spidey movies and I'm sure TDKR will be an awesome ending that it promotes itself to.

daxter wrote:

mission impossible ghost protocol (I love the mission impossible movies)
the thing looks pretty good also

Thank you for posting this.  I had no idea this was coming out.  Just saw the preview...VERY pumped.  I am a huge Cruise fan and MI3 is in the top five of my all time favorite movies.  This looks awesome.

I'm very hype for Contagion right now. Looks exellent, has tons of people in it (Demetri Martin!), and kinda came outta no where at me.

Don't be afraid of the dark is really just an educational video. you dont have to watch the movie, just read the title. i wasnt afraid of the dark before, and i certainly am not after watching it!!!
i have heard some good things about del toro though, are there any others of his worth watching??

^^^
Pan's Labyrinth
The Orphanage

Last edited by azathoth (2011-09-01 10:42:32)

^^^
The Devil's Backbone
Blade II
Hellboy and Hellboy 2

And I hugely second Pan's Labyrinth.  Like The Orphanage, he only produced Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (also wrote DBAOTD's screenplay).

LoudLon wrote:

^^^
The Devil's Backbone
Blade II
Hellboy and Hellboy 2

And I hugely second Pan's Labyrinth.  Like The Orphanage, he only produced Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (also wrote DBAOTD's screenplay).

no shit he did blade II??? hmmm... maybe the fellow isnt useless after all tongue
ive heard pans labyrinth is quite the trip, and a lot of misinformed parents were up all night with scared children lol

Children?  I was 36 when I watched it and it even got to me. lol