Topic: It's Freakin Hot!

Heat wave in Wisconsin and the Midwest.  It was 97 at 10pm.  At bout 11pm I went outside.  Kinda forgot bout the heat, stepped out and it hit me. 

Don't get me wrong...it gets this hot here during the summer.  It's just unusual for it not to cool off a bit at night.  Expected with it being dark, it woulda been cooler.  When I stepped out it was like the daytime.

Only time I've experienced this was Phoenix a few years ago.

Glad I got AC.  Though...I'd still rather take this then the cold.  We get 100 +, then in a few months it could be - 30.  Love it.

Re: It's Freakin Hot!

I live in TN and today it was almost 100 this heat is killing me I am ready for Fall

It's been surprisingly mild in my neck of the woods the last week.  Lots of gray skies but not a lot of rain, temps in the 70s.  The week before that it was so hot I couldn't step outside to check my mail without sweating like a whore in church.

I like mild better.

It's hot here too. It was miserable to go outside yesterday.

Lon, I love that whore saying hahahahaha. I remember when my friend first said it when she had run to catch the rail train in time to get to class and she said that I couldn't stop laughing, I looked like a lunatic.

Ghostseeker, you and I are in the same boat, man.
It is damn hot here in Wisconsin.

I slept downstairs it was so hot last night, hard to even breathe. And we don't have AC either. It's like a friggin' sonna (sp?) upstairs. Downstars it's still hot, but not quite as bad. At least we have fans...

Sauna? tongue

I'm trying to imagine a fan in a sauna, and I feel like...it wouldn't help me. You should get AC and a pool because pools are awesome.

Philadelphia is smokin' (at least for us) for the next 8 days.  Can't wait to see the electric bill at the end of the month....

I can't remember the last time I experienced a whole day of sun. It's like a yo-yo here, rain, sun, rain, sun... Mostly rain and grey skies though sad

Oh f' me, now we're supposed to get 3 days of 100+ temps.  I thought all the crazy shit was supposed to be in 2012!

edit- I'm officially now anti-Mayan.  I will smack any I come across with wet noodles from now on. 
(Why is everybody laughing at me right now...?)

tongue

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-18 11:01:40)

I'll take the heat any day over the cold.  If winter never came again, it wouldn't bother me.

If it's cold at least you can put a sweater or something on, when it's hot all you can do is sweat your <beep> off.  Note: this is for non-HVAC conditions.

^Find a large body of water and jump in!  Viola!  Cools one down every time!

^^unless the water has been sitting there and is as hot as the weather hmm

alien25 wrote:

A few days ago the entire Gulf of Mexico's water was hotter than the air temperature.  On the east coast it has come close to the water = air temperatures.  Not much better with inland waters where there is no currents to mix the water.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-18 12:20:14)

azathoth wrote:
alien25 wrote:

A few days ago the entire Gulf of Mexico's water was hotter than the air temperature.  On the east coast it has come close to the water = air temperatures.  Not much better with inland waters where there is no currents to mix the water.

Good thing you don't live on the Gulf of Mexico eh? wink

Hot as hell here too, 100 degrees with about 90% humidity. I'm kind of use to it though so it's not to bad.

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Sauna? tongue

sauna, thank you. lol

I have my moments. tongue

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Hot as hell here too, 100 degrees with about 90% humidity. I'm kind of use to it though so it's not to bad.

Yeah, but it's a dry heat!  Not!!
Bad enough that you have the high temps, but to top it off with all of that humidity, that gets brutal.  At least where I'm at we don't have the humidity which makes the high temps more bearable.

I spoke too soon above.  While the past week has been rather mild, the heat came back today.  Even in my AC, with a ceiling fan and an oscillating fan going, it's hot as hell here.

I hate hot.  Makes me feel all sticky.

99 here with a heat index of 108 with little chance of change in the forseeable future.
Love these South Texas summers - my sweat is sweating.  Joy!

stop moaning about the heat / sun , If you don't like it come to the U.K 6 months of this shit they call summer you'll never whine again smile

Going to be 38-42c with the humidex all week, glad I've got ac at work.

I would almost trade you places puppy, notice I said "Almost" wink

we've got all the humidity without the sun and it's raining and still really heavy . It sucks sad  I want some sun !!!

Puppymonster wrote:

we've got all the humidity without the sun and it's raining and still really heavy . It sucks sad  I want some sun !!!

Awwwww I'll be your ray of sunshine big_smile

yay I could really do with it smile