Topic: Attention writers- time to get published

From today's Wall Street Journal-
'The Season of the Supernatural.'
Seems that sci-fi and horror literature are selling well now.  Go get your finger-typing on!

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

I'm still working on it.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

I'm working on a horror novel, as well as a couple of "super hero" ones as well.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

I'm writing a few Horror stories, then I'm going to put them altogether, and it'll be like a book version of...Creepshow, that's the best way to describe it. Lots of small stories, one after the other.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

Publish this, bee-yotch! *points at groin*

I kid.  Good luck to anyone who gives it a shot.  The kind of writing I do isn't published or I'd give it a go, myself. smile

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

Once upon a time, there was a website called horror movies dot canada and on that site, there were people and the rest, is history

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

LoudLon wrote:

Publish this, bee-yotch! *points at groin*

I kid.  Good luck to anyone who gives it a shot.  The kind of writing I do isn't published or I'd give it a go, myself. smile

You want to publish one of those mini cocktail wieners?  Good luck!  lol tongue
(That was too easy)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-05-29 01:14:55)

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

Haven't been on in a while, but that's because I've been hard at work... getting published! My book,

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

aye... why do I continue to have trouble posting? two paragraphs worth of crap just got sliced off

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

you have trouble posting becau






wink

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

seriously... am I the only one?

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

no, I believe it happens to all of us occasionally when the bot does its magic.

you want to get long winded best to type in notepad just in case

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

well that sucks. I wrote this whole synopsis for my book. It's a debut. It's called

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

haha.. amazing.. here we go again:

well that sucks. I wrote this whole synopsis for my book. It's a debut. It's called "Dead Summit." It's about this couple who goes hiking in the White Mtns, New Hampshire and get attacked by a horde of the undead. Anyway, that's it. Look for in stores this Halloween.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

Haha aw poor Dan, happened to me all the time before. Not in a while now though. I will look for it  come October. Congrats btw!

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Haha aw poor Dan, happened to me all the time before. Not in a while now though. I will look for it  come October. Congrats btw!

Thanks Vamp! I'm pretty excited about it.
p.s. I'm going to try to keep my posts short smile

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

Speaking of Danny O' GrayTwilight's book, I just finished reviewing it for him.  Expect it up in a few days.  I'll say this.  I likey.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

DanofDarkness wrote:

haha.. amazing.. here we go again:

well that sucks. I wrote this whole synopsis for my book. It's a debut. It's called "Dead Summit." It's about this couple who goes hiking in the White Mtns, New Hampshire and get attacked by a horde of the undead. Anyway, that's it. Look for in stores this Halloween.

Looks cool

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

Hey kiddies, I finished Dan's review and submitted it to Meh.  Until it gets posted, you can check out the review on my site.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

I attempted to check out the link, but it wouldn't fully load for me for some reason, and then it made my computer very lagy so I closed it....damn you dial-up! haha

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

TypH wrote:

I attempted to check out the link, but it wouldn't fully load for me for some reason, and then it made my computer very lagy so I closed it....damn you dial-up! haha

Yeah, the Wall Street Journal's site is media intensive.
Basically the article says that fantasy, scifi, and horror book sales are up compared to 'regular' fiction.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

azathoth wrote:
TypH wrote:

I attempted to check out the link, but it wouldn't fully load for me for some reason, and then it made my computer very lagy so I closed it....damn you dial-up! haha

Yeah, the Wall Street Journal's site is media intensive.
Basically the article says that fantasy, scifi, and horror book sales are up compared to 'regular' fiction.

Ah I see, that's why it was being a pain in the ass then, and thanks for the info on it:), i've started a zombie novel last year,but it hasn't gone much farther seeing I don't write much haha.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

It's not just in books that they've become more popular. This applies to screenwriters too, because film industries across the world are making tons of horror/sci-fi/fantasy things now. Prometheus, Super 8, World War Z, Hansel And Gretel, The Possession, Underworld, The Woman in Black... We're going through a depression, so speculative fiction is gonna boom. This happened in the 1930s, and a long ass period between 1970 and 1990.

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

I just posted this under a new topic, but my first novel, "Dead Summit" is available now!

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Summit-Danie … amp;sr=8-1

Kindle and Nook versions are available as well. Also, check out www.danloubier.com for more info. I'm going to be appearing at next week's Spooky Empire convention (for anyone in the Orlando area who's interested in attending) as well as Rock and Shock in Worcestor, MA, Oct. 14-16. Hope to see some HM faithfuls there!

-Dan

Re: Attention writers- time to get published

congrats Dan.