Topic: Howard the Duck

Was this not a great movie or what lol..I loved watching this movie when I was kid..so I was flipping through my channels last week and what came on but Howard the Duck! it was a bit cheesy but it still a great movie..so this is on my to buy as soon as I find it that is..

Re: Howard the Duck

Damn that movie was great.. Thats actually on my list of movies that they have to put out on DVD.. That was back when Lea Thompson was actually semi-hot.. Exept for her hair in that movie.. Yikes..

I have to agree with you guys.  I've gotten a lot of shit for liking this movie though, but I thought it was pretty funny.  Man... it's been a long time since I saw it back in the '85 or '86?

yeah Leah Thompson was kicking some crazy hair in that movie..I always get my ass busted about this movie but I don't care its still a great movie..I deffently will be looking forward to seeing this on DVD..

The movie is awesome...I get smirked at for mentioning it for some reason.  Glad there are other people out there that enjoyed it as much as I did.

wait for it...... ive never seen it. Is it as good as Tank Girl?

Yeah... with more cheese!

lol..isn't tank girl with the actress lori petty i think?

I have never heard of this film.

Tim it's a great movie you have to check it out..

Yes RaVen, Lori Petty is the star of Tank Girl.

Will do!  With a title like "Howard the Duck", how could you not?

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-01-30 19:46:34)

Damn right Tim..and I knew it skidog I remeber seeing the preview for that movie a long time ago..

I love this film and I'm not afraid to say, it scared the freaking hell out of me. When Dr. Jenning (Jeffrey Jones) begins to change... Haven't seen it for years, really must get this on DVD, even though the thought of Dr. Jennings still freaks me out. How in the heck was this PG!?

Meh wrote:

Ha ha ha!

Meh wrote:

it's funnier and a hell of a lot cuter  ,  the kids will love the Duck lol

Well, while you will never hear me say "good" and "Tank Girl" in the same sentence (except for this one), I'd have to say -- no.  It's worse.

If you can imagine that.

I was a big comic book nerd growing up and used to love Howard the Duck (he's an expert in the martial art of Quack Fu, dontcha know), so naturally in my early teens I was super excited to see this flick.  That was a mistake.

To this day, I cringe a little every time I watch a Leah Thompson movie.  Yeah, even Some Kind of Wonderful.

LoudLon wrote:

Well, while you will never hear me say "good" and "Tank Girl" in the same sentence (except for this one), I'd have to say -- no.  It's worse.

If you can imagine that.

I was a big comic book nerd growing up and used to love Howard the Duck (he's an expert in the martial art of Quack Fu, dontcha know), so naturally in my early teens I was super excited to see this flick.  That was a mistake.

To this day, I cringe a little every time I watch a Leah Thompson movie.  Yeah, even Some Kind of Wonderful.

That's how I felt about Tank Girl (and Judge Dredd). I grew up loving those comics and to see them put to such shame...disappointing. Howard the Duck was kind of the same for me. Also, that movie was PG and they show duck tits? Really? That's disturbing for anyone.

I liked Tank Girl.. a great example of paracinema (films that are so bad they are good).. I saw the end of Howard the Duck and it looked god awful.. I must see the rest of it now haha...

I heard they were remaking Judge Dredd....

Howard The Duck was amazing haahaha i found it on DVD at a Blockbuster one day for $7 so i bought it!!! big_smile

Blarg to both movies in discussion up above.

Ms45 wrote:

I liked Tank Girl.. a great example of paracinema (films that are so bad they are good).. I saw the end of Howard the Duck and it looked god awful.. I must see the rest of it now haha...

I heard they were remaking Judge Dredd....

Well, I wouldn't consider the new one a remake because the first one, with Stallone?  That wasn't Judge Dredd.  I don't know what the hell that was. lol

The new one stars Karl Urban and is looking promising.  I'll be checking it out.

Lon, check out the new issue of Empire. Dredd is on the cover. Can't wait for that one.

How can they make a Judge Dredd movie without Rob Schneider?

LOL, the 90's Judge Dredd would have been at least passable if you removed Rob Schneider from it, and if Stallone had kept the helmet on. Stallone claims he wanted to, but the producers insisted, they paid all that money for him to be in it, so they wanted the audience to be able to see his face.

love this movie! I liked Lea Thompson in this movie but never knew her until i got older lol Seen it at the store before on a Special Edition DVD and came close to buying it but i'm sure it'll come to blu sometime so I'll keep holding out for that, no?!