Topic: Scar

God bloody awful.
Does anyone even write screenplays anymore or just wing it. There wasn't a single cohesive element in the whole script. You could have taken out 20 minutes  anywhere and missed nothing. And terrible effects.... just thick gel blood in place of actual scars, lacerations, and incisions.

Re: Scar

wtf???

Actually there was a slit throat, but it was amateur hour.

I haven't seen it yet but I came close to buying the other day. Kind of glad I didn't.

It's just like you think it is... another HD-shot "wanna-be HOSTEL with a girl who has flashbacks to her past tortures by a killer"...with bad acting... boring cinematography, wasted locations (the barn in the end is amazing but they didn't bother to shoot it effectively at all to create even a ounce of atmosphere, or give the location a sense of belonging as if it is in with the killer. It is used as "just a location"), reams of dialogue in scenes that don't connect in a story you could care less about, and some killer in a lab coat badly (as in EFX) torturing girls in been-there-seen-that-bought-the-other-DVD set ups.  And this is why I go Euro horror !!! See the  zombie flick HORDE if you wanna see a movie made by people who give a sh*t about horror.

Yeah, I've seen Horde. I was very impressed with it.

Too bad, I like Angela Bettis. Almst bought this movie back when it came out, but I watched the trailer again (after having seen it maybe 2 years before) and I didn't remember it looking so bad). To be honest, unless it is a found footage type film I can't stand watching a movie filmed with a camcorder, because not only does it look way too cheap to me, but often they are not well done, with some exceptions of course.

I liked Angie in the TOOLBOX MURDERS remake, which overall was a really decent film. Great set design/set dec/locations, and the light patterns were wonderful with the cinematography. It create some really nice original moods. And the whole cast was good, save that red herring handyboy they were foolishly trying to push as a psycho.

In Scar, Angie is just saddled with a bad script unfortunately.  She has no character to work with because her motivations are so horribly cliched, making the performance a bore to watch.