Topic: lets talk about the hellraiser movies

i've only seen hellraiser 3, I am somewhat interested in these movies,

Re: lets talk about the hellraiser movies

If you liked the 3rd you definitely need to see the first two. I've enjoyed all of them (even the straight to DVD releases)

The first two are films every horror fan should see.

I have only seen the first 3 , i loved them, i have not seen  any of the others

Last edited by BASSI (2011-07-24 11:20:05)

#3 is OK, though silly.  1 & 2 (Hellbound, my favorite) are classics.  I liked #4 (Bloodlines), mostly because of the backstory (space part was kinda dumb, which is why no one likes it).  5 (Inferno) & 6 (Hellseeker) were bad.  7 (Deader) & 8 (Hellworld) were better, but not up to snuff with the originals.

Hellraiser 2 is one of the most insanely fucked movies EVER. It's nothing but craziness and has to be seen to believed. One of the greatest sequels ever made. The first one is pretty much a classic as well, 3 and the others range from good, to downright fucking terrible.

Loved part 1.

Really liked part 2.

Thought part 3 was okay.

Didn't care much for part 4.

And haven't bothered with the others.

1 and 2 are def. the best of the bunch, my favorite was 2, I'll never forget the scene where the doctor gets his head pulled off, I don't know what it is but that scene still freaks me out to this day.

i am lost on how many hellraiser movies were made but I liked "Inferno" it was rather clever.

I love parts one and two and I didn't think part three was to bad. The rest I don't care for though.

The first Helraiser is nothing less than classic horror...great movie. I liked part 2 & 3 also...have not seen the rest of them.

I own all 8 of them because 4-8 were 5 dollars each and I couldn't resist and they are mostly mediocre although I sort of actually liked 5 and 8, I liked 6 a lot actually at first, but wasn't as good on a second viewing. Number 7 was alright too. I didn't think any were bad to be honest haha, but I wouldn't have paid more than 5 dollars for them. I actually bough all of them for 5 dollars over the years, even the bluray of he first I nabbed for 5 since hey were being cleared from stores to make way for the new bluray this sept. I also actually plan on veto g Revelations this year lol, I have to complete the collection now.

Hellraiser 1 and 2 really captured rthe vison of Clive Barker.. The dark , surreal landscape of Hell and the cenobites  who show no mercy; no motivation other than to deliver pain to those who seek them out.
The Hellraiser sequels fell away from this and became all about the one-liners and over-the-top kills.  Ive seen them but I didnt like them.

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2011-07-24 14:46:56)

yepper - in total agreement there  smile

making Pinhead out to be another wise-cracking villain sort of in the Freddy mold really took away from the visceral elements of the original vision.  There are still some fun moments to be had, but all those latter sequels seemed unnecessary and were not nearly as effective.

BASSI wrote:

I have only seen the first 3 , i loved them, i have not seen  any of the others

Same here.
The first one was awesome, second I really liked (have to rewatch it though, haven't seen it in years), and the third was really good too.

The 3rd one is probably the best. Hellseeker is really bad, it is seriously weird and messed up.

I read somewhere that #5 was just a weird detective movie, and someone decided to slap in some freaky things and Bradley in at the end.  Quality!

azathoth wrote:

I read somewhere that #5 was just a weird detective movie, and someone decided to slap in some freaky things and Bradley in at the end.  Quality!

Yep! I purchased that on DVD, being a fan of Hellraiser. Just had some freaky things with no eyes and a detective who had the box.

I pretty much agree with what everyone has said all ready, 1 & 2 are the best, 3 was silly with the pointless cenobites, like that CD dude. Bloodlines was actually good except for the space bit... Why? I've only seen up to number 5, Hellraiser: Inferno, that pretty much killed it for me. It started off so well.

Yah Az, Hellraiser 5 - 8 were never written to be Hellraiser films. Which is why they kind if suck compared to the rest. Hellraiser Revelations was written as a Hellraiser film though so just maybe it will at least be better than those 4 though I didn't mind them, they aren't exactly quality and I can't even say they are only good for Hellraiser fans, I am not really sire who would enjoy them, other than me (somewhat) for no reason other than that I am a completist lol.

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Yah Az, Hellraiser 5 - 8 were never written to be Hellraiser films. Which is why they kind if suck compared to the rest. Hellraiser Revelations was written as a Hellraiser film though so just maybe it will at least be better than those 4 though I didn't mind them, they aren't exactly quality and I can't even say they are only good for Hellraiser fans, I am not really sire who would enjoy them, other than me (somewhat) for no reason other than that I am a completist lol.

Thanks, Killer_of_my_Vampy_Wife, tongue , I could only remember the one being pointed out (probably from an article about 10 years ago), but the rest had the same feel.  Something funky/spooky, a dash of weird creatures, and Pinhead popping up for a "Yeah, you are all screwed now"  for about 30 seconds.  I didn't want to speak out of my ass, so to speak  (got to work on my sentence structures more...)

Part 1 was great 
Part 2 was awesome - continuing the story of part 1 on a bigger scale
Part 3 was good - more americanised , 1 & 2 were more british style since it was helmed by Clive Barker.
Part 4: Bloodlne , did not particularly like it. 
Part 5: Inferno - from 5 onwards , pinhead essentially just have cameos in each movie. Basically the whole hellraiser movies from this point on becomes a mindgame type of movie where pinhead just shows up to mess with people. Barely remember this one so can't comment.
Part 6 : Hellseeker - this brought the story of Kirsty (the heroine of the first 2 hellraiser movies) to a close. Still not that good though.
Part 7 : Deader - sadly can't remember much about this one either. Do remember Kari Wuhrer in the bathtub though. lol !
Part 8 : Hellworld - supposedly , a bunch of kids get killed by pinhead in this exclusive club but it turned out not to be pinhead. The "real" pinhead only showed up in the last 5 minutes to take care of Lance Henriksen and that's probably the best thing about the movie.

Last edited by fmvgamer (2011-07-25 09:17:01)

I have seen them all and only liked deader and hellworld the others were boring to me and the storylines were just not my thing

So none are worth watching after the 3rd movie ?

BASSI wrote:

So none are worth watching after the 3rd movie ?

I liked 4 (Bloodlines), but many do not.
5, 6 - no
7 & 8- they are worth a watch.

revengebiteme wrote:

I have seen them all and only liked deader and hellworld the others were boring to me and the storylines were just not my thing

Including 1 & 2?