Topic: Halloween Weekend Movie Marathon Idea

OK, this is one wacky idea I've been batting around.  I talked about it before, but I wanted to put it in its own thread.

Here's the idea-
Starting at say 4PM US Eastern time Friday, October 28th, we watch a movie every 2 hours until about 8PM US Eastern time Monday, October 31st.  There would be a set schedule in advance so everyone could hop in and out at any time they want and know what is going on.  The movies would start at the hour so no need for me to be around to do a countdown.

That's 38 movies (I'm going to have to buy an additional hard drive to record this).  Give me suggestions.  Mix 'em up, classics, wacky, new stuff, whatever.

edit- turns out I can promote other people so they can add other people to the chat if I'm not there, so when I'm napping someone else can add new people.  Neat!
[edit- why the hell do I do this to myself?]
It won't be as fun as some of the real-life festivals that go on, but I think it would be fun to have something going on all weekend where you could pop in whenever.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-25 04:29:49)

Re: Halloween Weekend Movie Marathon Idea

Neat, I need to bump myself.  sad

hahaha i'll help.....bump!!! tongue

I would love to be a part of that!

Guess no one is interested?

I'm extremely interested - I think it's a great idea, and I would def. try to be on as much as I could for this giant marathon. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

The Creature wrote:

I'm extremely interested - I think it's a great idea, and I would def. try to be on as much as I could for this giant marathon. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

The thing I learned about movie marathons is that you have a schedule, everyone knows it, and you can come and go as you please.  It'll be a bit more chaotic online as there will be no real 'countdown' as I usually do for the most part, but I think we've all gotten used to syncing up by this point.

The other idea is that providing a long window, we may be able to draw some new people in by "Hey, it's 2AM and they're watching 'Death Bunnies From Alcatraz!  Alright!"

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-25 04:43:44)

Oh, I'd be totally up for this.  Sorry I didn't vote when you first posted the thread -- apparently I never noticed it. sad

But I've noticed it now and have voted in the affirmative. smile

^^
I like it!  And you're going to be one of the co-hosts.  I'm going to need west coast person, a Brit, and hopefully an Aussie so I can get 24-hour coverage. 

Hi peoples, looking for volunteers!

Now let's see if I can pull it off.  lol

That's what she said.

OH!

LoudLon wrote:

Oh, I'd be totally up for this.  Sorry I didn't vote when you first posted the thread -- apparently I never noticed it. sad

Same here, man. I never saw this thread until Az posted the link in his voting thread for movie night #9. Sorry Azzy!

cool sounds like fun big_smile

Puppymonster wrote:

Monkeys are all about the fun.   And poo flinging, but that's scheduled for February.

This is the greatest idea E V E R !  I have been thinking about how Halloween, my favorite Holiday, is only three months away.  I normally start celebrating it September first.  I actually usually take off a bunch of time before just to watch a bunch of the Halloween / Scary / Horror shows and movies on TV, and to go to Haunted Houses.  I just love the atmosphere around this time.  I used a bunch of time off already so not sure what I'll be able to take off yet.  I cannot believe it has been almost nine months since already...seems like it was just a bit ago.

Anyway, so yes I am in.  I love the idea of just being able to pop in and out (too easy Lon) when I want.  This will be my first Halloween since becoming a dad, and first since joining HM.

So, yes...love the idea.  I would be willing to host a bit if needed.  Or not, don't care, but would plan on participating.  smile

azathoth wrote:

Neat, I need to bump myself.  sad

Wrong thread Az wink

I think it's a great idea, monday thing would be a little difficult as I have to work, but friday to sunday sounds good to me smile

Ghostseeker wrote:

I love the idea of just being able to pop in and out

That's what she said.

(too easy Lon)

As if that matters. lol

Since when does it matter around here lol

All the threads get derailed sooner or later wink

I've never been involved in a movie  night/marathon with the site before but I would LOVE to participate!

Another excuse to not have a life lol

azathoth wrote:
Puppymonster wrote:

Monkeys are all about the fun.   And poo flinging, but that's scheduled for February.

how come the poo fling is so far away ? Morguey will be upset , he likes getting Dirty smile

z3r0c00l wrote:

I've never been involved in a movie  night/marathon with the site before but I would LOVE to participate!

You should drop in this Saturday day/night (depending where you live) to experience our Movie Night! 

We're doing 'Re-Animator' and 'From Beyond.'

Az make sure a Halloween movie in there somewhere and im sold XD hahaaha

JJ wrote:

Az make sure a Halloween movie in there somewhere and im sold XD hahaaha

Seriously?  There will probably be at least 2.  Oy!

can we avoid Rob Zombies Halloween 2? tongue hahaha

NO remakes.  This is old school.
OK, except for "The Thing."  And maybe some others of that ilk I forgot about.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-25 21:31:24)