Re: Halloween Weekend Movie Marathon Idea

It's not Halloween without the movie Halloween ('78, natch'). 

However, if the movie Trick 'r Treat finds its way into the rotation, I'll likely sit out that hour and a half.  I just don't like that movie!

azathoth wrote:

NO remakes.  This is old school.
OK, except for "The Thing."  And maybe some others of that ilk I forgot about.

well then im a sold but of halloween Resurrection makes its way into the rotation i wont complain big_smile hehehe

Don't worry.  If Halloween Retribution makes its way in, I'll complain enough for the both of us. lol

Hell, people, I haven't even started a list yet!

OK, top of the head list-

Halloween
Halloween 2
Nightmare on Elm Street
NoES 3- Dream Warriors
Friday the 13th
Friday Part 2
Another Friday
Night of the Creeps
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Texas Chainsaw
Wizard of Gore
Plan 9
Re-Animator
The Beyond
Suspiria
Phenomena
The Fog (original)
Night of the Demons
Ring
Grudge
Zombie Lake (oh yeah, I'm going there!)
Corpse Grinders 2
Hard Rock Zombies
Demon Wind

Feel free to submit your own ideas!
Bring an oddball collection!  Let's mix it up!  Some more giallo, more 50s, 60s, 70s stuff!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-25 21:42:45)

NOES 2
The Dead Next Door
Blood Diner
The Frighteners
Night of the Demons (original)
Tenebre
Halloween III: Season of the Witch (I don't know what all the complaining's about, this is a pretty nifty little flick)

Just off the top of my head.

Halloween 3- I like it!

Everyone put down whatever you'd like to see, even if it's been mentioned already-  I'll keep a tally over the next few months.  It's not a pure popularity contest, 'cause I want a wide mix of stuff from all sub-genres.  'Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park?"  Why not?  'Tokyo Gore Police?'  Sure!  Bring the pain people!

Sleepaway Camp, Scream, and a Puppet Master movie!!!!!

I emailed Meh about this wacky idea-  if you never see me again, you know it's because he thinks I'm insane.  big_smile

Edit- and I'm going to need some help if I try and pull this off.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-25 22:05:53)

you have a monkey with a knife i think everyone thinks that tongue hahaha

^^
This is a fair point.  big_smile

I'm a sucka for Fridays.  Friday the 13th 1 - 7, would be great.  Any of em before 8.  Maybe a mini Friday marathon in there?  Either way, definitely Friday 6!

Ghostseeker wrote:

I'm a sucka for Fridays.  Friday the 13th 1 - 7, would be great.  Any of em before 8.  Maybe a mini Friday marathon in there?  Either way, definitely Friday 6!

Don't worry, there will be at least 2 Fridays.

I'll be sure to pop in at some point! big_smile

hahahha number 3 has to be in there just so i have a reason to watch a terrible 3d movie!!! tongue

JJ wrote:

hahahha number 3 has to be in there just so i have a reason to watch a terrible 3d movie!!! tongue

Actually, I think I have the 3D version, including the glasses. Ha!  Gives me a headache, though.

this sounds pretty cool but you gotta have the original universal monster flicks if I'm going to partake.  Wolfman, Mummy, Dracula, Frankenstein and the Creature.

Glenn-BoB wrote:

this sounds pretty cool but you gotta have the original universal monster flicks if I'm going to partake.  Wolfman, Mummy, Dracula, Frankenstein and the Creature.

I think we could manage a few of those.  smile

so how does this even work?  do you just stream them on here somewhee and we watch from computer?  Personally I'd rather be in front of my TV.  Is there a way to stream to TV thru Apple TV or PS3?

Everyone plays there own copy of the movie, whether it be DVD, YouTube, or a copy on their computer.  We don't stream anything to the attendees (couldn't afford the rights).  So everyone is responsible for getting the movie(s) themselves. 

What happens on our normal Movie Nights is everyone has their own copy of the movie, I get them set up to (roughly) the same position, and the I say 'go,' so everyone is mostly in the same spot.

Still working on the details, but the same idea is in place for Halloween Marathon, though I'm recruiting some helpers.

You can stop by our Lovecraft Night this Saturday to see how it works.

that sounds perfect.  I can't sit in this saturday night cause I'm going to see U2 smile
will definitely check it out in the future tho.

my suggestions:

Kiss meet the Phantom
Maniac
American Werewolf in London
Strait-Jacket
Friday the 13
Friday the 13 part 2
NoES
NoES 3
Rosemary's Baby
Silver Bullet
Fright Night
The Howling
The Thing
Let the Right One In
Frozen
The Burning
Zombi
anything from Hammer

We do Movie Night often, it looks like the next one (after this Saturday) is August 6th.  Check the "Contests, Events" sub-board and look for 'Movie Night.'  This Saturday is #9.  There are also links to the podcasts in the older ones.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-26 09:16:40)

cool.  are those podcasts available on iTunes?  I'll look for them on my Apple TV.  Lovin that thing.

Sorry, only on my website-
https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonk … --gun-town

NP, I'm less likely to check them out, hahahaha.  but I may.
thanks.