Re: Baseball History

I agree with most of you that baseball is a boring game, I tried to watch it when Sosa and Mcguire had their run but I could not get into it at all, I get a headache just watching highlights of it on ESPN, I rather the physical nature of football than watching guys hit a ball with a stick and chew tobacco or the managers and Umpires bellybump.:mad:

Re: Baseball History

I played Baseball since I was a little kid, Played on my high school baseball team, and have played baseball, or softball most of my adult life. Its a great game. Besides Stephen King is a Boston Red Soxs fan, so Baseball does not suck.

Re: Baseball History

boyd84 wrote:

to each his own, personally I think it could get no worse than Hockey and Golf.

Ummmmm yeah i don't know what you're watching. But hockey is 10x's more exciting than baseball and basketball. The only reason why you don't like the sport and think it's boring is b/c you've never watched it and you don't know about any of the rules. Hockey is the most dangerous sport out there especially a goalie, which i am. You only watch the so called popular sports that EVERYONE watches. But you can't appreciate the history that hockey has behind it. For the NHL alone, has the oldest trophy in all of professional sports dating back to 1890's. And also another thing, there is not one single player in hockey that needs to take drugs to enhance their game. And one more thing, you wouldn't think if it wasn't so boring if you would actually stepped out on the ice and try and play. I've been playing since i was 4 or 5 yrs. old. Many different celebs that you wouldn't expect that watches it, goes to games. So if you want to talk about the most boring sports out there, golf and soccer.

Re: Baseball History

I have never really got into Hockey, or Basketball because my hometown San Diego doesnt have a Hockey, or Basketball team that I can get behind. But I am a huge Padres, and Charger fan. I think if they had a NHL, or NBA team here then I could get into the game. I never ice skated before, because I never saw snow till I was about 18, Now surfing thats a sport.

Re: Baseball History

Im sick of fuckign hearing it. I dont care bout it baseball sucks. Lets stick to a real man sport and watch footbal

Re: Baseball History

Baseball always bored the crap outof me. Now hockey is a game!! Toronto Maple Leafs have always been my favorite team. STEELERS for football and I like Australian Rules football Essenden!!!!YAH!!
now frisbee and volleyball and hide n seek in the dark or tag with shaving cream are all the sports I ever played..*giggles

Re: Baseball History

sickf**k wrote:

Im sick of fuckign hearing it. I dont care bout it baseball sucks. Lets stick to a real man sport and watch footbal

Actually the 2 main real man's sports is and always will be Football and Hockey. End of story.

Re: Baseball History

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Baseball always bored the crap outof me. Now hockey is a game!! Toronto Maple Leafs have always been my favorite team. STEELERS for football and I like Australian Rules football Essenden!!!!YAH!!
now frisbee and volleyball and hide n seek in the dark or tag with shaving cream are all the sports I ever played..*giggles

THANK YOU Dead! I'm glad someone here sees what i see in hockey. And even for the NHL has the most intense and exciting playoffs. They always play best of 7 games and if it's tied by the end of regulation, they keep on playing until someone scores. So there was a couple of times that it actually went into 6 Overtimes and each overtimes is a full 20 min. period.

Re: Baseball History

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
boyd84 wrote:

to each his own, personally I think it could get no worse than Hockey and Golf.

Ummmmm yeah i don't know what you're watching. But hockey is 10x's more exciting than baseball and basketball. The only reason why you don't like the sport and think it's boring is b/c you've never watched it and you don't know about any of the rules. Hockey is the most dangerous sport out there especially a goalie, which i am. You only watch the so called popular sports that EVERYONE watches. But you can't appreciate the history that hockey has behind it. For the NHL alone, has the oldest trophy in all of professional sports dating back to 1890's. And also another thing, there is not one single player in hockey that needs to take drugs to enhance their game. And one more thing, you wouldn't think if it wasn't so boring if you would actually stepped out on the ice and try and play. I've been playing since i was 4 or 5 yrs. old. Many different celebs that you wouldn't expect that watches it, goes to games. So if you want to talk about the most boring sports out there, golf and soccer.

hey, sorry I hit a hot botton wit you. I was just simpley expressing my opinion like everybody else. Now I'm not sayin this witout any experiance wit the sport, I watched hockey before I started watchin Basketball and Baseball. It just did'nt do anything for me, my bro was a big time Red Wings fan and use to watch the games but it did zero for me. Now yes technically baseball is boring too, but I'm use to it cause I grew up in a baseball family. Now I'm not sayin that Hockey is a bad sport, I'm just saying "I" don't like it and "I" think its boring. I could say the same to those who said Baseball and Basketball was boring but I respected there opinions. Certain sports are for certain people, and some people just are'nt interested in certain sports. I won't takin a shot at Hockey buddy, I was just sayin that were everybody else was saying they did'nt like baseball or basketball I felt the same bout Hockey

Re: Baseball History

boyd84 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
boyd84 wrote:

to each his own, personally I think it could get no worse than Hockey and Golf.

Ummmmm yeah i don't know what you're watching. But hockey is 10x's more exciting than baseball and basketball. The only reason why you don't like the sport and think it's boring is b/c you've never watched it and you don't know about any of the rules. Hockey is the most dangerous sport out there especially a goalie, which i am. You only watch the so called popular sports that EVERYONE watches. But you can't appreciate the history that hockey has behind it. For the NHL alone, has the oldest trophy in all of professional sports dating back to 1890's. And also another thing, there is not one single player in hockey that needs to take drugs to enhance their game. And one more thing, you wouldn't think if it wasn't so boring if you would actually stepped out on the ice and try and play. I've been playing since i was 4 or 5 yrs. old. Many different celebs that you wouldn't expect that watches it, goes to games. So if you want to talk about the most boring sports out there, golf and soccer.

hey, sorry I hit a hot botton wit you. I was just simpley expressing my opinion like everybody else. Now I'm not sayin this witout any experiance wit the sport, I watched hockey before I started watchin Basketball and Baseball. It just did'nt do anything for me, my bro was a big time Red Wings fan and use to watch the games but it did zero for me. Now yes technically baseball is boring too, but I'm use to it cause I grew up in a baseball family. Now I'm not sayin that Hockey is a bad sport, I'm just saying "I" don't like it and "I" think its boring. I could say the same to those who said Baseball and Basketball was boring but I respected there opinions. Certain sports are for certain people, and some people just are'nt interested in certain sports. I won't takin a shot at Hockey buddy, I was just sayin that were everybody else was saying they did'nt like baseball or basketball I felt the same bout Hockey

Hey don't worry about it. I just hear from so many people that they think hockey is boring and i just explain to them about it. See i come from a hockey family. Since i was born, i was introduced to hockey and brought up as a Chicago Blackhawks fan. And your bro and i wouldn't want to get into it about the Red Wings. I loathe and despite them. The Red Wings and Blackhawks are the biggest rivals in the sport and there is no love what so ever. It's pure hatred.

Re: Baseball History

sounds alot like the Yanks and Red Sox,

Re: Baseball History

Oh it is exactly like that.

Re: Baseball History

have you ever had when like wit the Yanks and Sox when a player switches sides? Its weird when a guy you boo changes sides like when Johhny Damon came to the Yanks, I was a lil confussed what to think

Re: Baseball History

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
sickf**k wrote:

Im sick of fuckign hearing it. I dont care bout it baseball sucks. Lets stick to a real man sport and watch footbal

Actually the 2 main real man's sports is and always will be Football and Hockey. End of story.

Nice ending I like the violence in hockey, I saw a game once with my uncle and it was really kool i got to see a few fights break out awesome shit. Those two sports are the oens you have to be a man to play

Re: Baseball History

sickf**k wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
sickf**k wrote:

Im sick of fuckign hearing it. I dont care bout it baseball sucks. Lets stick to a real man sport and watch footbal

Actually the 2 main real man's sports is and always will be Football and Hockey. End of story.

Nice ending I like the violence in hockey, I saw a game once with my uncle and it was really kool i got to see a few fights break out awesome shit. Those two sports are the oens you have to be a man to play

Exactly and there was a game once in the early 90's when a goalie got a skate right to hit juggular and was bleeding constantly on the ice.

Re: Baseball History

boyd84 wrote:

have you ever had when like wit the Yanks and Sox when a player switches sides? Its weird when a guy you boo changes sides like when Johhny Damon came to the Yanks, I was a lil confussed what to think

Yeah. How many times that has happened. But there is specific goalie that the Blackhawks had and traded him to another team and where ever he went i went b/c he is and will always be my favorite goalie. But i'm not one of those people who mainly root for the winning team. I stick with the Blackhawks and have so much faith in them.

Re: Baseball History

yeah, I've been a yank fan since I was little. Did'nt have to worry bout much loosin there. I've been a packers fan since I was lil, and its been a ruff couple years. and I'm finally startin to really enjoy basketball cause my team the wizards are finally winning so its up and down wit me but I stick it out

Re: Baseball History

Yeah no kidding about the Yankees. Well i was little i've been a Blackhawks and Bears fan since the 80's. And you definitely know the bad blood also between the Bears and Packers and after telling you also the bad blood between the Red Wings and Blackhawks.

Re: Baseball History

yeah my last math teacher was a Bears fan, I'm surprised I graduated

Re: Baseball History

It is odd. My mom is the only Packers fan in my family from being raised and born in Wisconsin.

Re: Baseball History

Im a packers fan from Virginia (i don't know) I think my things been I've always liked Favre, I mean I startin watchin him when he first started out so thats my tie to Greenbay

Re: Baseball History

I guess that makes sense. See you can have a favorite sports team and it can be from a different team but still have your hometown team being your favorite too. Like with me i was also a Wayne Gretzky "The Great One", Edmontin Oilers and L.A. Kings, and goalie Patrick Roy, Montreal Canadiens and Colorado Avalanche, fans and they were from 2 different teams but i still rooted for the Blackhawks.

Re: Baseball History

I always dreamed of Favre playin for the Redskins, but its never happened. that would be great though

Re: Baseball History

Hey we always dreamed of the best player(s) coming to your hometown team. But with most players but not to many of them, they want to stay faithful to the team that they have been playing for years and never went to any team. But now with most of the players out there and who are getting older and don't have that much time left for playing, they want to go to a championship calibur team and win it all and then retire.

50

Re: Baseball History

All I gotta say is FOOTBALL is upon us now.......YES!!!!!:D:cool: