Re: Halloween Weekend Movie Marathon Idea

Sorry, this is a non-profit thingy; I spend enough time just doing all the recording.  iTunes wants a whole lot of other steps that is too much of a bother for a bunch of friends watching movies.

I understand.  I've got music on there and I'm making money but I wonder if it's worth the hastle sometime.  Let's just say I'm not about to quit my dayjob.  My problem is remembering to go back to these sites when I have time.

Anyway, back on topic.  I think Ima gonna join ya's for the Halloween weekend.  sounds like a blast.

Yeah, no one is going to pay money for our jabbering.  It's just a bunch of friends, so I record for posterity (there are some really good parts, but you probably need to know us better before you get the jokes), but Lon is a waterfall of knowledge for every movie we've watched.

We're an, ah, acquired taste.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-07-26 12:13:24)

azathoth wrote:
JJ wrote:

hahahha number 3 has to be in there just so i have a reason to watch a terrible 3d movie!!! tongue

Actually, I think I have the 3D version, including the glasses. Ha!  Gives me a headache, though.

hahaha yeah me to but its so terrible its funny so i feel its needed tongue

Blasphemy!  How dare you speak ill of any Friday before our friend went to Manhattan.  smile

Axe flying at you, eye ball popping out at you...3D baby.

Actually Az, JJ raises a good point, maybe a few 3D movies mixed in there?  Do they all take the same kind of glasses?  I haven't seen a 3D movie in probably close to 20 years.

As far as I know all older 3D DVds use the red/green glasses.   Unwrapped 3D movies comes with the glasses, never can be sure about a pre-viewed DVD though.  The newer ones like Bloody Valentine 3D and Avatar need 3D Blu-ray & 3D Tvs with the super glasses.

azathoth wrote:

As far as I know all older 3D DVds use the red/green glasses.   Unwrapped 3D movies comes with the glasses, never can be sure about a pre-viewed DVD though.  The newer ones like Bloody Valentine 3D and Avatar need 3D Blu-ray & 3D Tvs with the super glasses.

actually you can watch My Bloody Valentine on dvd and blu ray regular it just comes with purple and green lens glasses!! big_smile and GS i wasnt speaking ill i was chirping the terrible 3d used, i actually like the movie itself!!!

^^
Ah, knowledge.

yeah see its thinks like this, why you keep me around wink

Looking like we have some interest here. Now start thinking about what movies you'd like in the Marathon.  Don't post them yet, but keep them in mind.

im down just got my mic and im good to go!!! let me know when you need movie ideas! lol

Keep them in mind, I'll start a thread in a month or so for suggestion to the Halloween Extravaganza.

I got my 2nd cohost for Halloween Fest- RevengeBiteMe!  I need some more, since even a monkey can't stay up for 90 hours straight.  C'mon, you know you want to be the boss, even for a little while...

wtf! no night of the living dead or rocky horror? cant be a halloween marathon with out these two! i will help you az pull this off.

shesaid? wrote:

wtf! no night of the living dead or rocky horror? cant be a halloween marathon with out these two! i will help you az pull this off.

I was pulling titles off the top of my head at about 4AM!  You want 'Masterpiece Horror Theatre' with me on 2 hours of sleep?  Ingrates!  lol

OK, I'll pencil you in as #3 helper (Lon & Revenge being the others).  People can keep sending ideas in, the list won't finalized until October. 

Ya know, I really didn't think this idea would be this popular.  Seriously, I didn't.  Man, this could be fun.

Also, I could probably use another 5 co-hosts for this thing.  big_smile