Topic: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

I've always wanted to start a thread like this.  Basically, take a picture of your DVD collection (big or small) and post it for all of us to see.

Here's mine:

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6137/038oy3.jpg

It's getting there.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

lol...cool...pls send more collections...!!

My collection won't fit in one photo sad   i have over six hundred dvds...aaahh...and my camera phone isn't that great

Post them in sections.  You can make it work.  big_smile

I need a new shelf for all of my DVDs.. I've just got them all lined up on the ground now next to my already full case.. I actually use a bookcase to hold my DVDs.. I like this thread and I'll get mine up here soon..

Please do.  smile

I don't think you want to see pics of boxes! That's where all my movies are big_smile

Our collection is pretty small but here it is anyway.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/goldenwarrior870/IMG_0109.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/goldenwarrior870/IMG_0110.jpg

what you can't see from our picture is that i am OCD and i have them in order by sub-genre
ghosts, zombies, vampires, slashers, creatures, j-horror, j-horror remakes, etc.

I have thousands of dvds and vhs tapes. So many so its become impossible to store them. I just finihed building a video jukebox and am transferring my movies to it.

Its a searchable jukebox powered by a wireless network so I can access my films anywhere in my house. Total cost was around $400 to build it. So now when im trying to find a movie I just turn on my tv, and do a quick search and hit play...

Equipment used:

- dsm320 media player
- wireless router
- 2 terabyte drive ( holds thousands of movies in VCD format )

Thats an awesome set up you got there Meh. Thats a sweet jukebox.
That DSM320 media player is what I've been looking for. I never even knew something like that existed.

im a bit of a tech monkey as you can probly tell since i built the site here. But yeah its a sweet setup. Makes finding shit easy.

goldenwarrior wrote:

Our collection is pretty small but here it is anyway.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/g … G_0109.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/g … G_0110.jpg

Awesome collection, guys!  The "Alien Quadrilogy" set and the "TCM: Ultimate Edition" are making me so fucking jealous.  I need to pick those up.

I don't think I've ever done a completed VHS and DVD films and TV titles count. I would have to post more than one picture as I can't fit them in one picture.

I've put my TV boxsets in chronological order and my film titles in alphabetical order. It's a headache but it's very satisfying when you see them in order on the shelves.

I too am OCD with the collection. Moreso with Music than with Movies, but a picture of my DVD Collection won't exactly work. What I will say is that if you have a massive amount of movies (or CD's) and have a hard time finding ways to store them, check this out:
http://www.cdcabinet.com/cdvideo1.htm

Expensive, but genius.

Yeah. I would post a pic(s) of my DVD collection but that would be tons of pics b/c having about 1000 DVD's.

JamesZahn wrote:

I too am OCD with the collection. Moreso with Music than with Movies, but a picture of my DVD Collection won't exactly work. What I will say is that if you have a massive amount of movies (or CD's) and have a hard time finding ways to store them, check this out:
http://www.cdcabinet.com/cdvideo1.htm

Expensive, but genius.

nifty but i think mine is the better route smile Reasonable price, takes up no room.

Meh wrote:

I have thousands of dvds and vhs tapes. So many so its become impossible to store them. I just finihed building a video jukebox and am transferring my movies to it.

Its a searchable jukebox powered by a wireless network so I can access my films anywhere in my house. Total cost was around $400 to build it. So now when im trying to find a movie I just turn on my tv, and do a quick search and hit play...

Equipment used:

- dsm320 media player
- wireless router
- 2 terabyte drive ( holds thousands of movies in VCD format )

Sweet!!!!!!!!

Currently looking to buy a place and one of the conditions I laid down was a multi media room.

Thinking of dialing into the following:

Denon amp, Krix speakers, rear projection TV, and a couple of mofo huge servers (1 for music, 1 for movies). Probably cable that all up for reception.

terabyte drives .... green with envy over here big_smile

I like keeping my collection "old fashioned".. I like to pick up the DVD.. Look at the cover and the insert, the disc art.. Rather than just flipping a switch.. Because once you start saving your discs to a hard drive the next step is to just start downloading movies.. Not saying any of you do it but to me that just seems like the next step..

The drawers look cool but are insanely pricey and I kind of like to look at the spine of my movies.. The cabinets kind of look like a way to hide your collection away when I would rather display mine. Heh.. Just the way I roll.. cool

Goon wrote:

I like keeping my collection "old fashioned".. I like to pick up the DVD.. Look at the cover and the insert, the disc art.. Rather than just flipping a switch.. Because once you start saving your discs to a hard drive the next step is to just start downloading movies.. Not saying any of you do it but to me that just seems like the next step..

The drawers look cool but are insanely pricey and I kind of like to look at the spine of my movies.. The cabinets kind of look like a way to hide your collection away when I would rather display mine. Heh.. Just the way I roll.. cool

I can appreciate that, I am a bit anal about my DVDs if I catch you grabbing the bottom of my disc and not from the side you won't be touching them again.

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-08-09 14:33:52)

roll  Lordy don't I know it.  I don't even bother to touch the discs anymore.

jk i love you baby!

Well I have over 600 horror films on dvds and like over 100 non-horror dvds so I have around 750 total dvds and like 200 movies on vhs.

I'm waiting to get a hug cabinet for my pc/music/rec room before I take a photo and get it on here. So I hopefully will have more horror movie posters on the wall soon too.

Meh, can you take a picture of your jukebox for dvds?  and also, can you contact me on where to get all of the bits and pieces to make one?  i am really gung-ho about making one now big_smile  i am going to try to take a picture of my collection tomorrow...hopefully after getting them alphabetized as they should be...i just moved, so things are a bit askew.  anyway, ttfn

You know what's terrible? When you enjoy building up your DVD collection but don't have the room for any more, so you have to rearrange them round a bit. I've got loads of VHS film titles but the trouble is everyone buys DVDs these days.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-08-09 17:18:24)

I have:
4 shelves of DVD's in the boxes

5 soft Case Logic cases that has all DVD's in:
-72 Case
-52 Case
-48 Case
-40 Case
-38 Case

2 Hard Cases that holds only 5 DVDs

And then 3 spindles from CD and DVD-R that are completely filled that contain 50 DVD's in there.

So i think it would be a little difficult to take a picture of my entire DVD collection which there is literally over 1000 movies.