Topic: HM Movie Night 10 Announcement- Werewolves

By a slim 2 votes werewolves beat out the Hellraisers.

Movies:
An American Werewolf in London
The Howling

Date/Time:
Saturday, August 13th, 6PM US Eastern time.  (11PM Brit time, 3PM US Pacific time)

As usual, we will be using the free Skype.  If you are a first timer, post your Skype name here so I can add you.  If you don't, you may be ignored on Movie Night.  You can also message 'azathoth1945' that night to get my attention; make sure to mention you're from HM.

I will be recording the conversation during the movies to post as podcasts later, so mind your manners.  There will be an intermission between the films so people can go potty, get some food, etc. 

There is normally an Afterparty which may be taped, but only released with everyone's approval, as the Afterpary tends to get a bit saucy.  If anyone has an idea for an Afterparty movie, feel free to post an idea n this thread. 

If you would like to hear some of our previous outings, you can check here. 

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.
I'm looking forward to this one as these are 2 good movies; a bit slow to start, but really ramp up later on.  (Lon, you have your homework for the next week now)

Re: HM Movie Night 10 Announcement- Werewolves

Homework?  Bah.  I already have a butt-load of trivia floating in my noggin for both these bitches. big_smile

Showoff.  And I'm not talking about your butt, either.

^ oh wow, man. LOL

I look forward to watching these two flicks with the group. Like always, it'll be fun!

both great movies hopfully I wont have problems this time

azathoth wrote:

You call it showing off -- I call it having so little of a life that I have nothing better to do than sit around soaking up useless movie trivia. lol

^^^ Lon's ass is filled with movie trivia. big_smile

Hoping to make some of this as I've missed many now.  sad

revengebiteme wrote:

both great movies hopfully I wont have problems this time

See if you get in early to do a test run with your equipment.  I try to get there between 5 and 5:30 so I can get all my software set up.

LoudLon wrote:
azathoth wrote:

You call it showing off -- I call it having so little of a life that I have nothing better to do than sit around soaking up useless movie trivia. lol

You're telling this to the guy who spends his time setting up these things?  tongue   I denounce your devil ass!

(whoa- whatever you do, do not do an image search for 'devil ass.'  I'm being serious here)

For the record everyone, I do not begrudge a single second of time I spend setting these Nights up- I always have a great time.  (And Vampy might even hop in for a bit this time, she likes these movies)  big_smile

You da man, Azzie.  You'll never hear me say any different. smile

Incidentally, just for kicks I did a google image search for "devil ass."  It really wasn't so bad! lol

LoudLon wrote:

You da man, Azzie.  You'll never hear me say any different. smile

Incidentally, just for kicks I did a google image search for "devil ass."  It really wasn't so bad! lol

And you always awe us with your insane knowledge of films.  As for 'devil ass,' I guess it is a matter of perspective.  lol

Oh, I also finally put out a semi-rant at BabyFirefly on the 'Random' thread.  I guess I, too, have a snapping point.  sad

Everyone does, buddy.  It just takes some longer to reach it than others, depending on the subject at hand.  If it helps, you have about ten minutes more patience than I do. lol

Thanks, Vampy is a soothing presence.  Seriously, if something gets me mad, I go rant at her for a few minutes until I'm done.  Then I apologize; she does the same to me.  It's a weird, but very helpful, dynamic for both of us.  We literally will apologize within 10 minutes after we blow up almost every single time.

Anyhoo-  I'm glad to see that practical FX is outvoting CGI.  This pleases the monkey.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-03 01:28:58)

I'm the lone hold out!  Ha!

D'oh!  Leave it to Ghostie to stir up the pot!

It's OK Lon, we have reinforcements.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/10/4/9fa44609-8be4-4d9a-9531-47d185bf2640.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-03 01:40:55)

The Creature wrote:

Oh, is that what that is?  I was wondering why I was sitting all funny. hmm

LoudLon wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Oh, is that what that is?  I was wondering why I was sitting all funny. hmm

Maybe you forgot to remove your Jack-It?

Yeah, I should go play for the Phillies.

Ooooooooh, BURN! big_smile

cool I might just make one of the Movies before my pillow calls big_smile

Puppymonster wrote:

cool I might just make one of the Movies before my pillow calls big_smile

Which one do you like better?

OOOOOOOOooo your not putting that on me lol , Thanks but I really don't mind honey big_smile

OK, we'll do 'American Werewolf in London' first for our friends across the pond.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-03 16:26:01)

^^Awesome movie!