Topic: Ant-Man (20??)

Well since Ant-Man isn't going to be in the Avengers, that's a bummer but the possibility of a movie being made sounds most likely. Hank Pym is a great character and has the potential for a good movie but I just wonder how they'll make him fit in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and how he'll have a big impact with his abilities. Bring on Ant-Man!

Re: Ant-Man (20??)

Edgar Wright turned in his script for the flick about a month ago.  smile

I also kind of wanna see a Black Panther movie, the Marvel Cinematic Universe explores the scientific part of the mythology such as the Supersoldier serum, the gamma radiation, Tony Stark's Industrialist work, as well as Thor's background but I'd like to see them do something with Black Panther that involves his time in Wakanda. I think he seems to similar to Batman in terms of costume but BP has potential.

I hope they have Hank get drunk and slap Wasp around. That'd be interesting to put in the film, ha. But yea, I was never really a fan of Ant Man so much untill recently seeing him in the Avengers cartoon. I'm excited for any and all Marvel films.

^ Yeah, like he did in the Ultimates.  Loved the first two volumes of that series.

Tri -- I'm all for a Black Panther flick.  Especially if Michael Jai White's offered the lead.

If I remember, the Black Panther was associated with the Fantastic Four and was a member once. If they ever introduced BP in a Fantastic Four movie I wonder how that would work.

He's also been an on-again/off-again member of The Avengers. wink

And they've already laid a seed that could give birth to a BP movie.  In Captain America: The First Avenger, when Cap finds the round shield in Stark's lab, Stark tells him it's made of "vibranium -- the rarest metal in the world.  Strong as steel and 1/3 the weight."

As most Marvel fans know, vibranium is a metal that can only be found in Wakanda -- BP's homeland.

Anybody catch the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon? I liked Ant-Man and Wasp in it.

I geeked out when they mentioned the Vibranium in the shield. Blank Panther would be such a great flick if they did it right. I just fear it'd turn out to be so racist, hollywood and all. I'd also kill for a Luke Cage film. I know that Isaiah Mustafah (old spice guy) really wants to be in it.

I actually really like the Eric O'Grady Ant-Man, the jerky SHIELD agent that stole the Ant-Man costume out of Hank's lab. I loved the 12 issue run of The Irredeemable Ant-Man by Robert Kirkman. I always liked Hank Pym better as Yellowjacket, but the costume would probably look silly in a live action movie.

Hi, Sleazy!!!  Long time no type.  How are you???

Hey Maven, it has been a long time! It's actually been a pretty rough couple of years for me, lots of personal shit. A death in the family that hit me like a ton of bricks, and some other random crapola. But I'm ok, still hanging in there.

How are you? Did you and Surv ever tie the knot?