Topic: Five Great Indie Zombie Movies

These are some of the more recent (last ten years) good zombie films. Some of my favorites...

5. Dance of the Dead (2008)

A funny, teen zombie movie
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uPXhVllUz2k/TeKpTJzC2cI/AAAAAAAAC2Y/3s87chxilAA/s1600/thestars.jpg

4. Dead & Breakfast (2004)

Again, this is way fun and has a hilarious original soundtrack
http://www.brutalashell.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Dead-and-Breakfast.jpg

3.Zombies of Mass Destruction  (2009)

Great characters = a hell of a good time!
http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/reviews/caps/ZMDPic3.jpg

2. Dead Snow (2009)

This flick has guts! And lots of em!
http://reeleyes.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/dead-snow-14.jpg

1. Undead (2003)

If Jon Woo made a zomidy..it would be a lot like this!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xCLQ1bYFdfc/TTiOKQEAlnI/AAAAAAAADe0/HLyZCwwySKI/s1600/undead.2.jpg

Re: Five Great Indie Zombie Movies

Awesome list. Love your # 1,2&5 picks.

most excellent choices, Chainsaw - enjoyed the hell out of every one mentioned  smile

Thanks fellas...if anyone has not seen any of the mentioned flicks must do so! Good times to be had.

And please add your favorites...

the most recent zombie effort I really enjoyed was The Defiled.

haven't seen Dead & Breakfast or Undead but the other three are all decent movies.

I have Undead but not watched it yet, will get to it.

I'd like to add The Video Dead, 80s cheese at it's best & Zombie Honeymoon to the list.

Nice list, ChainSaw. I will have to rewatch Dead & Breakfast again. First time I tried watching it I got distracted...for a good reason.

explosive diarrhea?

ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:

I'd like to add The Video Dead, 80s cheese at it's best & Zombie Honeymoon to the list.

The Video Dead is a textbook 80's horror movie, still waiting for a proper DVD release.

I like that I have seen 3 of those and actually bought Dance of the Dead for my best friend for christmas last year. I enjoyed Dead and Breakfast and Zombies of Mass Destruction very funny. And I really wanna see Dead Snow

Suspiria_89 wrote:
ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:

The Video Dead is a textbook 80's horror movie, still waiting for a proper DVD release.

I could have sworn one was suppose to be released last month, but now I can't find any word on it. Seems to have gone the same way as The Mutilator.

Ive seen all of these but I have to say I didnt really care for Zombies of Mass destruction..  I did however, love Dance of The Dead ! especially the garage band keeping the zombies at bay..

another film that was good is the French film  MUTANTS

I remember thinking at the end of Mass Destruction that it might have worked even better as a short - it tried to handle a few too many things at once, but I definitely think it's watch-worthy

MacheteMassacre wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:
ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:

I could have sworn one was suppose to be released last month, but now I can't find any word on it. Seems to have gone the same way as The Mutilator.

I also thought it was supposed to be released a while back, but it never got a release. Code Red had said years ago that they were finally going to release The Mutilator. That also never happened. I finally just bought a DVD-R copy.

For 80's indie zombie flicks Video Dead was alright, along with...

The Dead Next Door (1989) -- ok but thought the f/x was kinda bad.
Bloodeaters (Toxic Zombies) (1980) -- not great but worth a watch

I thought TOXIC ZOMBIES was one of the most worthless films I've ever seen.

Suspiria_89 wrote:
ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:

What do you call propeer?

Suspiria_89 wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

Sorry but you're wrong.  It WAS released but theatrically on a very limited basis.  Was pretty common at video stores in Detroit and Aberdeen, so what can I say?

I also thought it was supposed to be released a while back, but it never got a release. Code Red had said years ago that they were finally going to release The Mutilator. That also never happened. I finally just bought a DVD-R copy.

Sorry, but it WAS released to video.  THE MUTILATOR was released as well.  Don't remember whether or not it was Code Red.

All are worth watching but getting my highest rating of them all would be ZOMBIES OF MASS DESTRUCTION and THE UNDEAD.

Dead and Breakfast was awesome. I just happen to watch it on a spur of the moment thing and it was great.