Topic: The Happy and Good News Thread!

This thread is for happy and good news from wherever you hear it.

For example-
In Philadelphia, some jerk stole an autistic kid's special bike.  Once it was reported on the news, if wasn't returned.  But a while later, a brand new bike showed up for the kid, bought by some random guy who saw the story.

Here's a vid of the story.

Bring the smiles, people!  big_smile

Re: The Happy and Good News Thread!

There's leftover pizza in the fridge, I'm pretty sure that's good news.

http://theeatenpath.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/good_news_everyone.jpg

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/Assets/ProductImages/TASTY_WAVES.jpg

Couldn't you guys go at least, say, 5 posts before completely destroying my thread's idea?  sad

would some happy feet please you?
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1976293_o.gif

It's not destroyed Az.  This is the way a lot of people here Post when they are happy, which in a way is the point.

I have an elderly couple as my neighbor.  Great people and great neighbors.  Bout a week or so ago the male went to the hospital.  Hadn't heard anything for a while and thought he had passed.  His wife told me he is doing ok and should be coming home soon.

Apparently a few years ago, before I moved where I live now, this guy had a heart attack and died, then was brought back.  He changed his life.  Started walking a lot.  Lost a lot of weight.  Now he's around 90 and was still working full time.  Mows, snow blows...I finally convinced them last year to let me get on their roof and clean out their gutters.  Before that he insisted.

Anyway...that was good news he was coming back home.

My aunt gave me 6 boxes of old records!!! At least 3 of the boxes are all box sets, mostly old country like hank Williams, merle haggard, johnny cash amoung others.

^ Very jealous! 70's - 80's Country is my absolute favorite music.  Add some Waylon, Conway, Tanya...steele guitar.  Nothing speaks to my soul like that.

Well there's that water park in 2 weeks, and it's gonna be awesome. The only thing that makes me bummed about it is waking up early in the morning and I'm cranky. Ah well, giant water slides here I come!

ChainSaW80 wrote:

My aunt gave me 6 boxes of old records!!! At least 3 of the boxes are all box sets, mostly old country like hank Williams, merle haggard, johnny cash amoung others.

Oh snap, that is some fine shnizzle!  My parents have tons of records, and a couple of years ago I bought my dad a hi-end player: I now it's stupid but I swear the tone on those things are better than CDs.

so this isnt like good good news but to brighten my day (because I have no cheerful  music...I have downloaded happy pictures to go with my music so even if its a sad song the picture will be happy and colorful seemed like the thing to do smile

I think I'm just going to jump in a lake.

aww thats not happy!!!!! whats up monkey man??

revengebiteme wrote:

aww thats not happy!!!!! whats up monkey man??

It's me posting in the wrong damn thread!  lol  HA! 

I find new ways to sabotage myself every single day!   That is how awesome I am!   I need to ask Meh to include an emoticon for crying from laughter...

indeed that would be a good one smile

You want good news? I'll give you some goddamned good news.
Over the weekend I received confirmation that the independent assessor passed my portfolio.
What does that mean?
It means that I'm now officially qualified to teach in the adult learning sector
That's right, from the ages of 18 to 89 and upwards, I can teach any subject that I have a qualification in.
I can also teach uncertificated courses in any subject I want.
Well its good news for me, not so much for the learners wink

Yay El Capitan!  Nice!

congrats cap!

Way to go, Cap!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          My kids entered their hobby collections in the fair, and all won ribbons. 3 of my 5 also took best of show. My oldest daughter for her art, my 2nd to oldest for her wood working, and my youngest for his Hot Wheels//Matchbox cars. My other 2 won 2nd place for antique bottles we've found in abandoned mining towns. All's well for the U-Dog clan!

Last edited by Underdog (2011-08-08 10:17:29)

I am taking my son to his first concert next week.  We are going to see Def Leppard and Heart. 
He is very excited smile

DirtyGirl wrote:

I am taking my son to his first concert next week.  We are going to see Def Leppard and Heart. 
He is very excited smile

hell yeah i'd be excited too. I saw heart on valentine's day and it was awesome. hope you guys have a great time. I just found out that i'm going to get a raise at work that i absolutely had no idea that i would be getting i guess that qualifies as good news (well to me anyways).

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Holy crap! I love old records too. You just can't get that sound anymore.

I found an original Zombie Island Massacre poster I bought a few years ago in my closet the other day. Now I need a frame!

my brother is getting married in under 8 weeks smile

Yay!

So, Friday my broadband stopped working.  I called my service provider (who also provides my cable TV) and they narrowed it down to being a problem with an amplifier they hooked up here at my home.  Which meant if I wanted to get online, I had to unplug the cable from the cable box and hook it up to my BB modem, and vice versa.

Well, finally, after a whole weekend of changing that damn cable from one box to another depending on whether I wanted to watch TV or get online, they finally got here today and fixed me up.  So now I'm back to being able to watch the Reds and surf the net at the same time. big_smile