Topic: Slender Man Movie

Hey, I'm new here and found this site while surfing the web. I recently watched and heard of the "Slender Man" stories.  I was interested and decided that I would try my luck at amature movie making. The movie will be based around the "Slender Man" mythos. I will have a cast and crew of about 3-7 people. With a budget of around $100. I will mostly be filming in our woods, and farmland. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for props and the like. It'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 133Caboose (2011-08-09 23:23:04)

Re: Slender Man Movie

well slendy is tricky, i would suggest a set of stilts, and maybe something like arm extensions with a suite tailored to fit them. i would follow up alot with the fans in certain paranormal forums, they pretty much make up the facts as they go and its eventually added into lore.

i think a cool way to bring  a slendy movie out would be to make it into a documentary form, where you use fan art which is all over the place maybe try for some early sighting in history, maybe find some old legends and myths that have a similar creature for a comparisan of how old he may be and you use clips from the previous youtube episodes, mixed with your teams recordings, and towards the end the lead grows increasingly insane, and  maybe leave it off with an apology to his viewers for now that they know the slender man, he now knows them as well, and maybe a spooky ending where the lights go out ends with him screaming bloody murder etc.

dont forget the distortions, they need to be around whenever slendy is close. i think that one of the people who worked on the slendy vid gave advice on how to do the distortions.

Last edited by Xombie (2011-08-10 00:03:03)

Best of luck with that.  I started filming my own version of that a few months back and it was so hard to make slender man look....slender.  Keep us updated!

Thanks for the tips. I have a plot like that where the people are making a movie of slendy, but it catches alot of "unwanted attention". And they began to catch him on film. And as far as making slendy, I have a friend who's almost 7 feet tall, and I'm thinking, it might be enough to pass for slendy. But thanks for the tips, and I'll have to check out fan forums.

This might be a stretch (ha ha, I'm so clever), but putting a corset on your tall friend may help some.

LOL well, unfortunatly I doubt he'd do that, we'er going to begin filming soon...I will probably post it on the internet, if I do I'll put a link up!