Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Thanks everyone! Maybe I should post photos of my office too. And Deadhorse, you can spill your bong water on my sofa anytime!

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Awesome collecion Machete! I seen some of the figures on Amazon the other day, I think I'm gonna start collecting those next, very cool!

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Oh I have more stuff...But, thanks CHainsaw!

Last edited by MacheteMassacre (2011-07-03 23:23:45)

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Nice Collection Machete, I need to find some nice shelving like that smile

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

I picked mine up at Best Buy. I would recommend using someone's discount.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Here's a link to my collection, will post pics tommorow - http://geddy.dvdaf.com/owned

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-07-22_266.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-08-45_308.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-08-59_547.jpg

Non Horror
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-09-13_920.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-10-08_967.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-10-25_124.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-10-47_100.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-20-07_874.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-20-22_765.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-20-47_35-1.jpg

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Think I got em all this time, well other than the pics are about a month old or so, so I know there are a few I missed and I have rearranged them a little since...but anyways.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Just took this one...my vhs, and basically my dvd overflow lol

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-08-14_14-51-29_915.jpg

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Is that Slumber Party Massacre on VHS?

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Epic collection you've got going there, ChainSaW. big_smile

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Is that Slumber Party Massacre on VHS?

Hell yeah, it was actually passed down from my dad lol. I used to watch that shower scene at the beginning as often as i could when I was a young'n. big_smile lol

Thanks Creetch

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-08-14 22:21:38)

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

DVDs?

People still buy physical disks?

I have almost 4TB of movies and TV shows on my media center. How do I take a pic of that?

Screen caption my xbmc interface (which still won't show it all)?

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

^ I have close to a hundred dvd-r's also in a cd case. My computer crashed recently though. I would love to have a nice set up like yours though...so you just watch movies right on your computer or is it linked to your tv?

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

I have a TV monitor attached to my computer in the living room.

With a remote control/mouse built in. To use the mouse, hold a button and wave the remote like a wand and click another button to select.

Not a "great" mouse but it's functional and it makes viewing easier since all I'm doing is selecting the movies via menu.

I can sort movies by actor, year, director, etc. or just leave them alphabetically.

It also holds my music and as previously mentioned, TV episodes.

The only drawback currently is that I haven't set up a proper stereo system to it but that will change shortly.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

I thought it might help to give you an idea of what I see...

Movies:
http://www.tarrbot.net/images/xbmc/xbmc_movies_001.png

Note: Press down for trailer actually goes out to youtube and finds the trailer and plays it back to watch.

TV Shows:
http://www.tarrbot.net/images/xbmc/xbmc_tv_001.png

Weather:
http://www.tarrbot.net/images/xbmc/xbmc_weather_001.png

There are quite a lot of add-ons to this--like watching apple.com's current movie trailers, adding an old-school video game emulator so you can play Nintendo and Sega Genesis games through it and a ton more things.

The only drawback currently seems to be a native netflix interface but it does have a hack that supposedly works with netflix.

You may have seen something like this that's just a box and a remote but this is far more advanced.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

I wish i could show a collection like these but it would be hard to move around as a student
I just put all my discs in a Case logic DVD case, along with the cover art of course - it can hold 280 discs though

Last edited by Vasquez (2011-08-15 06:50:32)

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

I use to have to do the same thing, Vasquez. I lost my home a few years ago and moved around frequently so I waited until I got a new one. But not my collections had grown quite a bit and I have tons of new stuff in my office, so I'll have to take new photos.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Great collection machete! love your shelves I need some newones

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

@tarrbot do you have the xbmc running on a comp that you use for other things as well and not just for the media center? Just wondering how that would work. I want to build an HTPC that runs XBMC but don't really have the funds. Would be nice if I could just run it off of my laptop until I can afford to build one.

- Also, Very nice collections here! I don't have many physical DVD's anymore. I would like to bring the collection back though. I could post up a list of the digital movies I have but that would be a HUGE post.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

z3r0c00l wrote:

@tarrbot do you have the xbmc running on a comp that you use for other things as well and not just for the media center? Just wondering how that would work. I want to build an HTPC that runs XBMC but don't really have the funds. Would be nice if I could just run it off of my laptop until I can afford to build one.

- Also, Very nice collections here! I don't have many physical DVD's anymore. I would like to bring the collection back though. I could post up a list of the digital movies I have but that would be a HUGE post.

Yes, I used to have several PCs/laptops doing different things and moved to a new house last year. In the move, I was in a hurry to get a PC running for my home office and put this general purpose system onto my TV in my living room since the office wasn't put together yet.

From there it evolved into not even having an office to begin with and using my xbmc system to do all of my normal computing from home on. When I work from home I login to the servers at the office and work from my couch. smile

Yes, xbmc is free. You might as well install it and see how it works on the laptop. Any media you put on it can be migrated to another system later.

edit: the spam protection might've nixed my post so I had to go back and copy the original posting. Yay for Opera.

Last edited by tarrbot (2011-08-23 16:50:21)

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

^^I installed it onto my laptop. Works flawlessly with the exception that I need to change some file names so they will tag right in the program. I knew I should have done this sooner!

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

z3r0c00l wrote:

^^I installed it onto my laptop. Works flawlessly with the exception that I need to change some file names so they will tag right in the program. I knew I should have done this sooner!

It really is a good system.

The only drawback is the lack of streaming video options. That is changing slight with some hacked netflix add-on. But they still need Hulu support.

The naming conventions are a little odd sometimes.

I have some George Carlin stuff that I can't get to read correctly but I haven't tried to find the convention for it either.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

Oh good, it's available for OS X.  Downloading now.

Re: Post a pic of your DVD collection!

ChainSaW80 wrote:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-07-22_266.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-08-45_308.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-08-59_547.jpg

Non Horror
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-09-13_920.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-10-08_967.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-10-25_124.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-10-47_100.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-20-07_874.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-20-22_765.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n174/dbcombs/2011-07-09_18-20-47_35-1.jpg

Damn, Chainsaw. I think I have Collection envy.