The Outer Limits (1995)

Re: Television Series Worth Watching More Than Once

Alias
The Soup
Wizards of Waverly Place
Knight Rider
Tell Me You Love Me

Friday  The 13th The Series. Freddys Nightmares. Millennium, The X-Files, Tales From the Crypt, Tales From the Dark Side, Twilight Zone 80s Version, The Outer Limits 90s Version, Monsters, Poltergeist: The Legacy, The Unexpected, True Blood, Dexter, Goosebumps, Masters of Horror, The Hunger, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Charmed, Unsolved Mysteries, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, American Gothic, Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, Invasion, and Eerie, Indiana.

Blood Ties? Not sure if this is "worth watching more than once" but I found it interesting.

Anyway, there are a ton of decent shows out... several in the UK.

As someone mentioned, Being Human (not to be confused with Being Human--the US version--which I still haven't seen more than the first episode of).

Misfits--a group of ASBOs (think court mandated community service, aka Anti Social Behavior Order) get his with supernatural powers and odd things go afoot... not for kids, BTW. Too much sex and profanity.

Archer--if you're into sexist cartoon spys.

Game of Thrones if you like fantasy stuff.

Some people like Warehouse 13 but I'm not much of a fan.

I'm enjoying a new show called Suits. Of course, this means it will be canceled soon.

If you're into laughing your ass off, The Boondocks is one worth laughing at.

Last edited by tarrbot (2011-08-14 23:39:41)

Of the ones ive seen

Dead set
X files - especially the first season (best one or close 2nd)
Walking dead
Family guy
Fresh prince

Last edited by Vasquez (2011-08-16 17:50:41)

As re-runs on TV, there is a bunch I'll watch.

I've bought complete sets of:
Firefly
Babylon 5
Sports Night
News Radio

And some seasons of the latest Dr. Who incarnation.

Tales From The Crypt
The Simpsons
Beavis And Butthead
The Walking Dead
The X-Files.

azathoth wrote:

Firefly
Babylon 5
Sports Night
News Radio

Good to see another B5 fan.

Too bad half the cast has died off or we'd at least be able to talk about a reunion.

IMO, one of the best science fiction TV series ever made. The graphics are dated now but for the time it was amazing.

I also own the whole series, and all the other movies that go with it. I never got into Crusade though.

Also, Doctor Who! I'm into all of the Tenth doctor (David Tennant) but I haven't seen much of the new guy (Series 5 and 6). I don't mind the guy so far. Maybe I just miss Tennant, though.

Last edited by tarrbot (2011-08-15 19:20:48)

You know what's worth watching again? Duck Tales. There, I said it. lol

My Name is Earl
Psych
Deadliest Warrior
Justified
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
Friends (do somethin')
The Office
30 Rock
Daily Show
Colbert Report

Only ones coming to me at the moment.

tarrbot wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Firefly
Babylon 5
Sports Night
News Radio

Good to see another B5 fan.

Too bad half the cast has died off or we'd at least be able to talk about a reunion.

IMO, one of the best science fiction TV series ever made. The graphics are dated now but for the time it was amazing.

I also own the whole series, and all the other movies that go with it. I never got into Crusade though.

Also, Doctor Who! I'm into all of the Tenth doctor (David Tennant) but I haven't seen much of the new guy (Series 5 and 6). I don't mind the guy so far. Maybe I just miss Tennant, though.

Crusade was completely screwed up by TNT non-creative personnel, i.e. management.  There are some good stories about it on the 'net.

I'd go with Bab5 as the #1, though if Firefly had kept going there was a good chance it could have supplanted it.  And I really wish season 5 of Bab5 didn't all get all screwed up by whichever network owned it at the time.

Vampy loved Tennant, but also likes the new guy.

Sci-fi nerds, unite!
http://images.clipartof.com/thumbnails/214291-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Standing-Astronaut-Monkey-In-A-Space-Suit.jpg

z3r0c00l wrote:

You know what's worth watching again? Duck Tales. There, I said it. lol

I loved Dark Wing Duck!!! big_smile

fmvgamer wrote:

X-files were good for the first couple of seasons , then it went downhill really fast.

Buffy and Angel of course. big_smile Gives me a chance to post these trailers , they are great , highlighting what the seasons were all about ! smile

i agree with X-files, i ranted about that on another page already...Buffy was pretty hit or miss at times, but the good ones were really good id say. i just wish they had the balls to actually end it with the season 5 finale as originally planned. what a great dark down note.

Last edited by survivalist (2011-08-16 17:16:45)

For animated series I would have to say X-Men TAS. I grew up watching that on Fox Kids and it brings back memories. As well as Batman TAS, giving these old cartoons a watch brings back memories.

I have watched Charmed more than once.
On TV and when I bought the DVD's.

Early X-Files.
Supernatural.
Bab5.
Star Trek TNG.
Sports Night.
South Park.
Cheers.
Radio News.
DS9.

Californication's one I recently got into.  Cool show; full of memorable characters, sex and sharp humor.

^^
Is that a Showtime show?

^^^ Yup.  Now that this season of Dexter is over, Californication's new season has started.  Once it's season is over -- in March, I believe -- Showtime will start the newest season of Nurse Jackie.  I dig how they schedule their shows like that; three months of one show, then three months of another, then another...  That way there's always a new episode on of some show every week, year round.

Lost is definitely worth a rewatch. It never gets old, and it has the story lines and characters.

Little People Big World
The Jersey Shore
Teen Mom
Here Comes Honey BooBoo
Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Can't forget My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I was in tears at the finale when the ponies brutally murdered each other with their horns but overcame their differences and became best friends again.

I only watch shows with leads I'm attracted to... so, that's a yes on MLP! Hey thar Brony Bromo. Derp

Ok for real.

Breaking Bad
Frasier
Futurama
Trailer Park Boys

The Office is great too. It was sad when Michael Scott left but I thought Andy Bernard was a good replacement. Also, I love his famous sayings such as "Riddit dit dadoo!" "Sup, big tuna!" and when he called Jim "Big haircut".