Topic: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are anywhere even near Calgary area this weekend your not going to see one of the greatest movies ever made and party it up 80's style afterwards, you should be ashamed of yourself and frankly need a swift kick in the ass!! Get your tickets now!! And there is 2 screenings so there is no reason you should not be going!!
www.rad25.com
https://www.reservations.visitcalgary.c … Ticket=UFF
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?ei … 1324663347
http://www.facebook.com/#!/25RAD

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can honestly say I have never heard of this movie. lol

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't know RAD you have never lived my friend!!! The biggest cult film ever made! I take it your young...  lol
So go balls out, and check out the greatness of Rad! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091817/ before we walk this sucker!

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A movie about a bmx race...no thanks lol

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it you didn't grown up in the 80's either their chainsaw...

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertthunder wrote:

If you don't know RAD you have never lived my friend!!! The biggest cult film ever made! I take it your young...  lol
So go balls out, and check out the greatness of Rad! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091817/ before we walk this sucker!

I'll be 40 in October. lol

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you go you just a bit too old to appreciate the greatness of RAD!! and those little tykes born in the 90's don't know shit from good chocolate anyways so...

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so what is the age range of people that will "appreciate" the awesomeness that is RAD?

Or put another way, in what year range did someone need to be born to "appreciate" the awesomeness that is RAD?

Just wondering, because I was 13 when this film came out, and my reaction was "yawn."

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-16 21:05:09)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol I've seen this! Awesome 80's movie!

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you weren't born in the 80's (or mid to late 70's to be more precise) or appreciate 80's movies you will not like it, plain and simple which is a shame because it's fucking awesome!!!

But the younger generation (i.e. born in the 90's) Don't know shit! and need to wake up to great movies and music!! Just look at the crap they like... It's because of them that we have terrible PG-13 horror and shitty remakes because they keep going to that crap and the music... holy shit there music sucks [im not saying 90's music im saying the music now that the shitlers born in the 90's listen to!!]

Last edited by robertthunder (2011-08-16 21:05:48)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were born in the 80s then you were between 6 and negative 4 years old when this film came out.  Not exactly a very cognizant movie audience for the awesomeness that is RAD.

Now the if you bring in the 70s, then you can find people that understand the awesomeness that is RAD.

I still yawn at the movie, and I was born in your 70s age range.

Have you ever thought people may not like the awesomeness that is RAD just because they don't like it?  I like old time black and white musicals, but you won't see me going around how if you don't like it then you just don't get the awesomeness that  old time musicals.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-16 21:12:43)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertthunder wrote:

If you weren't born in the 80's (or mid to late 70's to be more precise) or appreciate 80's movies you will not like it, plain and simple which is a shame because it's fucking awesome!!!

But the younger generation (i.e. born in the 90's) Don't know shit! and need to wake up to great movies and music!! Just look at the crap they like... It's because of them that we have terrible PG-13 horror and shitty remakes because they keep going to that crap and the music... holy shit there music sucks [im not saying 90's music im saying the music now that the shitlers born in the 90's listen to!!]

Every new generation dismisses the one that came before it, just as every previous generation dismisses the one which follows. 

That's just how it goes. hmm

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertthunder wrote:

If you weren't born in the 80's (or mid to late 70's to be more precise) or appreciate 80's movies you will not like it, plain and simple which is a shame because it's fucking awesome!!!

But the younger generation (i.e. born in the 90's) Don't know shit! and need to wake up to great movies and music!! Just look at the crap they like... It's because of them that we have terrible PG-13 horror and shitty remakes because they keep going to that crap and the music... holy shit there music sucks [im not saying 90's music im saying the music now that the shitlers born in the 90's listen to!!]

I was 6 when it came out. I love 80's movies more than any other decade. BMX just isnt my thing...ill see if its on Netflix though and watch it just for you dude lol

And not all younguns are as you described, just ask Creature.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoudLon wrote:

Every new generation dismisses the one that came before it, just as every previous generation dismisses the one which follows. 

That's just how it goes. hmm

You're in my generation Lon, and I still dismiss you.  tongue

[edit- why am I even bothering with this thread?  lol ]

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-16 21:14:24)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoudLon wrote:
robertthunder wrote:

If you weren't born in the 80's (or mid to late 70's to be more precise) or appreciate 80's movies you will not like it, plain and simple which is a shame because it's fucking awesome!!!

But the younger generation (i.e. born in the 90's) Don't know shit! and need to wake up to great movies and music!! Just look at the crap they like... It's because of them that we have terrible PG-13 horror and shitty remakes because they keep going to that crap and the music... holy shit there music sucks [im not saying 90's music im saying the music now that the shitlers born in the 90's listen to!!]

Every new generation dismisses the one that came before it, just as every previous generation dismisses the one which follows. 

That's just how it goes. hmm

That's not true! I quite enjoy this generation that's about to come up!! My niece's and nephews rock haha
and to Aza It was a great film for young kids to worship BMX to, so being born in the 80's no matter when was good because it was still relevant even if you were born in 89. The tides changed in 1990 with births though. Maybe it was the water, maybe the radiation but the kids born January 1, 1990-December 31, 1999 simply like the stupidest shit ever fucking created!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not my hatred its fact. They are the Cyrus/Beiber generation and could possibly end us all!!!
And to Chain there is always exceptions... But those little shits better start to contribute to society or we are fucked!!!
Maybe it is because I grew up around BMX, but this film transends. Like Thrashin', Ski School, Hot Dog, Better Off Dead etc.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azathoth wrote:

I like old time black and white musicals, but you won't see me going around how if you don't like it then you just don't get the awesomeness that  old time musicals.

I like old school musicals so...

I'm a filmmaker; I love film! and Rad happens to be a great fucking movie!!
You can not like it all you want; but if you havent seen it then a massive fuck you!! (Just Sayin')

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the awesomeness that was Cop Rock

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertthunder wrote:
LoudLon wrote:
robertthunder wrote:

If you weren't born in the 80's (or mid to late 70's to be more precise) or appreciate 80's movies you will not like it, plain and simple which is a shame because it's fucking awesome!!!

But the younger generation (i.e. born in the 90's) Don't know shit! and need to wake up to great movies and music!! Just look at the crap they like... It's because of them that we have terrible PG-13 horror and shitty remakes because they keep going to that crap and the music... holy shit there music sucks [im not saying 90's music im saying the music now that the shitlers born in the 90's listen to!!]

Every new generation dismisses the one that came before it, just as every previous generation dismisses the one which follows. 

That's just how it goes. hmm

That's not true! I quite enjoy this generation that's about to come up!! My niece's and nephews rock haha
and to Aza It was a great film for young kids to worship BMX to, so being born in the 80's no matter when was good because it was still relevant even if you were born in 89. The tides changed in 1990 with births though. Maybe it was the water, maybe the radiation but the kids born January 1, 1990-December 31, 1999 simply like the stupidest shit ever fucking created!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not my hatred its fact. They are the Cyrus/Beiber generation and could possibly end us all!!!
And to Chain there is always exceptions... But those little shits better start to contribute to society or we are fucked!!!
Maybe it is because I grew up around BMX, but this film transends. Like Thrashin', Ski School, Hot Dog, Better Off Dead etc.

Should I take offense at this?

You've been pretty beligerent about this and specifically pointing out this particular generation.

Let's start off with how full of shit you sound.

I'll then proceed to explain to you that the 14 year old girl living in this household probably is better educated than you and can shred a guitar probably better than you.

Furthermore, at the tender age of 4 she was laughing at horror movies we would go see in the theater describing the effects as very bad (they were).

In closing, it would further your cause to stop generating crap and generalizing like you are when you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I could very easily blanket statement your ass with Bieber being your country's fault along with Celine Dion and every other crap performer that lives in the great white north but hey, to each their own. Obviously someone is making money off this shit.

Don't bother suggesting you might've been wrong because I brought up an example of a fine person in that age group because I already know you're full of shit.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah I think robertthunder could definitely tone down the "I'm right, fuck you" mantra he seems to be embracing in a few of these posts - responses such as Tarrbot's above are almost to be expected.  Let's all turn it down a notch before we have to bring in the suits  smile

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobertThunder wrote:

Maybe it was the water, maybe the radiation but the kids born January 1, 1990-December 31, 1999 simply like the stupidest shit ever fucking created!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not my hatred its fact.

roll

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertthunder wrote:

If you weren't born in the 80's (or mid to late 70's to be more precise) or appreciate 80's movies you will not like it, plain and simple which is a shame because it's fucking awesome!!!

But the younger generation (i.e. born in the 90's) Don't know shit! and need to wake up to great movies and music!! Just look at the crap they like... It's because of them that we have terrible PG-13 horror and shitty remakes because they keep going to that crap and the music... holy shit there music sucks [im not saying 90's music im saying the music now that the shitlers born in the 90's listen to!!]


haha I was born in the 90's  (90 tp be exact) and I actually love everything about the 80's minus this movie, I love 80's movies but this one was just not my style.... and I dont appreciate you talking about my generation like that its not very nice....

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tarrbot wrote:
robertthunder wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

Every new generation dismisses the one that came before it, just as every previous generation dismisses the one which follows. 

That's just how it goes. hmm

That's not true! I quite enjoy this generation that's about to come up!! My niece's and nephews rock haha
and to Aza It was a great film for young kids to worship BMX to, so being born in the 80's no matter when was good because it was still relevant even if you were born in 89. The tides changed in 1990 with births though. Maybe it was the water, maybe the radiation but the kids born January 1, 1990-December 31, 1999 simply like the stupidest shit ever fucking created!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not my hatred its fact. They are the Cyrus/Beiber generation and could possibly end us all!!!
And to Chain there is always exceptions... But those little shits better start to contribute to society or we are fucked!!!
Maybe it is because I grew up around BMX, but this film transends. Like Thrashin', Ski School, Hot Dog, Better Off Dead etc.

Should I take offense at this?

You've been pretty beligerent about this and specifically pointing out this particular generation.

Let's start off with how full of shit you sound.

I'll then proceed to explain to you that the 14 year old girl living in this household probably is better educated than you and can shred a guitar probably better than you.

Furthermore, at the tender age of 4 she was laughing at horror movies we would go see in the theater describing the effects as very bad (they were).

In closing, it would further your cause to stop generating crap and generalizing like you are when you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I could very easily blanket statement your ass with Bieber being your country's fault along with Celine Dion and every other crap performer that lives in the great white north but hey, to each their own. Obviously someone is making money off this shit.

Don't bother suggesting you might've been wrong because I brought up an example of a fine person in that age group because I already know you're full of shit.

I said and It is quoted there is always exceptions... I have a personal problem because mostly every one has a holier than though attitude, and respect nothing and bash just because they can. I respect anyone from that generation who can break though that. There is some great stuff coming from them but the whole give you such a bad image, and thats not my fault for pointing it out. If im coming across as an asshole im sorry! Towards the end there I was playing around a bit sure but you want to go and bash my country (Somewhere I feel is the greatest place on earth) so your also stooping to this level of bashing. You want to generalize ppl in my country I will do the same to your generation! Im not being a dick for the sake of being a dick though; kids from the 90's in general need to learn some respect!!

Last edited by robertthunder (2011-08-16 22:08:14)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deadhorse13 wrote:

yeah I think robertthunder could definitely tone down the "I'm right, fuck you" mantra he seems to be embracing in a few of these posts - responses such as Tarrbot's above are almost to be expected.  Let's all turn it down a notch before we have to bring in the suits  smile

There be suits about?

Man, that's some scary stuff there.

I'll behave.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm only going to say this once:

Folks who want to talk about the movie, feel free.  But we've had enough threads fall apart lately due to sheer, unnecessary drama, some of which have resulted (rightly so) in bans.  Let's not repeat that.

BE NICE.  You don't have to agree, but you do have to be respectful.

Carry on.  Respectfully.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertthunder wrote:
tarrbot wrote:
robertthunder wrote:

That's not true! I quite enjoy this generation that's about to come up!! My niece's and nephews rock haha
and to Aza It was a great film for young kids to worship BMX to, so being born in the 80's no matter when was good because it was still relevant even if you were born in 89. The tides changed in 1990 with births though. Maybe it was the water, maybe the radiation but the kids born January 1, 1990-December 31, 1999 simply like the stupidest shit ever fucking created!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not my hatred its fact. They are the Cyrus/Beiber generation and could possibly end us all!!!
And to Chain there is always exceptions... But those little shits better start to contribute to society or we are fucked!!!
Maybe it is because I grew up around BMX, but this film transends. Like Thrashin', Ski School, Hot Dog, Better Off Dead etc.

Should I take offense at this?

You've been pretty beligerent about this and specifically pointing out this particular generation.

Let's start off with how full of shit you sound.

I'll then proceed to explain to you that the 14 year old girl living in this household probably is better educated than you and can shred a guitar probably better than you.

Furthermore, at the tender age of 4 she was laughing at horror movies we would go see in the theater describing the effects as very bad (they were).

In closing, it would further your cause to stop generating crap and generalizing like you are when you obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I could very easily blanket statement your ass with Bieber being your country's fault along with Celine Dion and every other crap performer that lives in the great white north but hey, to each their own. Obviously someone is making money off this shit.

Don't bother suggesting you might've been wrong because I brought up an example of a fine person in that age group because I already know you're full of shit.

I said and It is quoted there is always exceptions... I have a personal problem because every one has a holier than though attitude, and respect nothing and bash just because they can. I respect anyone from that generation who can break though that. There is some great stuff coming from them but the whole give you such a bad image, and thats not my fault for pointing it out. If im coming across as an asshole im sorry! Towards the end there I was playing around a bit sure but you want to go and bash my country (Somewhere I feel is the greatest place on earth) so your also stooping to this level of bashing. You want to generalize ppl in my country I will do the same to your generation! Im not being a dick for the sake of being a dick though; kids from the 90's in general need to learn some respect!!

The funny thing about respect is that it's earned and not given.

You've given none so should expect none in kind.

That's the problem with "this generation".

I'm over 40 now and you want to talk about the decade after you were born as if it were trash and the whole of that decade as if they were trash.

What has your decade done? Seriously. What has your 80s decade done that is so much better than the 90s decade?

You better rethink your presentation because that's all that you have online.

Presentation is key because perception is reality.

Your presentation is extremely lacking. My perception of you because of that is my reality of how I see you.

What will you do to change that?

In your "apology" above, you're still spouting shit about the 90s generation.

Not a good thing, my friend.