Re: The Dream Thread

I don't dream anymore now that I use my CPAP machine.  sad  I liked my dreams.
edit- more accurately, I don't remember any dreams I had.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-05 09:22:19)

Lilith wrote:

Then I woke up... and in that half asleep / half awake haze I couldn't figure out if it was just a dream or not! I swear I've never been more freaked out in my life. That pit-in-the-stomach feeling was just awful.

This happens to me a lot.  I've literally shuddered myself awake with those kinds of dreams.

I had a dream a few nights ago,that I was in some old small house with people I didn't know,and they had everything borded up,cause apparently there was a zombie demon creature outside,so I was like fuck it and went outside to get into a truck,and it creature thing turned out to be my ex girlfriend and she ripped my arm off and started beating me with it ahah and then I woke up and it was 5am and went back to bed haha

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/halolz-dot-com-martinlutherkingjr-ihaveadreamcast.jpg

I keep having these really sad dreams...  like in one I was unpacking in a dorm room thinking I'd end up happy....  I didn't .  Or ones where I'm waiting under an overpass for a train that never arrives.  It's hard to describe the really miserable feeling that accompanies them, but it sucks waking up like that.

in my last dream this creepy baby doll tries to kill me (no not like chucky) like its one of my aunts creepy german dolls and I have this dream quite often

semene I hate dreams where i am waiting or never get where i am going.

Reveng Stay away from the dolls, dont get left alone with them. smile

Quirky/funny/weird dream last night.

I was dating Kristen Bell.  She took me to a mall to get me a Kindle.  I said I didn't want one because it's made of plastic, which uses oil, and we've already used over 70% of the world's oil supply as it is.  She insisted.  As we waited in the check out line, I looked aside and saw a hallway right out of the high school in A Nightmare on Elm Street.  There was a cobra in the hallway.  I told Kristen don't move and it won't hurt us.  So we stood completely still, but the cobra started chasing us anyway.  Then I woke up.

Hinky.

i had a dream i was at school and i entered a classroom. there were no desks in there just double beds  with women in them i said "Now which one shall i get in"? and the girls all laughed, then i woke up! DOH! mad

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2011-08-18 13:58:52)

Dreamt last night, I was back in the Army, basic training, and got caught smoking and was going to receive a field-grade article 15. Then somehow I ended up being in a mall in Indiana with my Drill Seargent, and ran into a group of my buddies promoting an upcomming show or album or something. I dunno, it was dumb.

^  I never got an article 15 in basic.  But I did get three of them on active duty.  One for disobeying an order from a sergeant -- which I only did because another sergeant gave me an order to do something else, and at the time I didn't firmly grasp the concept of "following your last order." lol

The second one I got was for shoplifting at the PX.  I was dared by some buddies to steal a $200 leather jacket and, being the dumb-ass I was, I decided to prove my manhood by doing it.  Got busted the second I stepped foot out of the door.  Felt so bad about it the MPs didn't even bother putting cuffs on me. lol

The third one I got, I'd been in a car wreck and was on LD; my then platoon sergeant, a fat lazy bum, was told he had to do a fifteen mile road march.  He took is anger out on me and told me if he had to do it, so did I.  Even being on LD I still had to show up for formation, but as I'd sustained a shoulder injury my rucksack and LBE were on the ground by my feet.  He tried to force me to put them on, I got pissed, said "Fuck you" and threw my LBE at him.  Afterwards, when having to explain myself to my CO, he excused me disrespecting the platoon sergeant (who even the CO didn't like) but told me he was giving me an article 15 for destruction of government property -- because when I threw my LBE, I broke one of the canteens LOL

Damn Lon, three of em, good job! Destruction of Government Property, thats some horse shit right there, sound like they were out to get you. I only received one art-15, a field grade, for drinking while in Iraq. Nine were given out in my company, four of which were just in my platoon. A&O knows how to party!

I tend to think the CO actually took it easy on me, because of my having just come back from Saudi.  He was one of those cool CO's who would do stuff like let us turn the company area into a haunted house attraction on Halloween, give us early fall out times, half-duty days, and bent the rules here and there for soldiers who'd been in combat.  The article 15 he gave me could have been a HELL of a lot worse if he'd decided to include disrespecting a senior officer, so I took my two weeks restriction to barracks and loss of 1/2 a month's pay as more of a favor than anything. lol

In that case then, ya, restriction and loss of pay aint to bad. What was your MOS?

11 Bravo (infantry), secondary MOS was 32 Charlie (dragon gunner).  You?

12B Combat Engineer. Was in a Combined Arms Batallion (CAB) with Tankers and Infantry for awhile. All was cool till they put us all in one barracks together. Drunken soldiers...

Hey military guys, does the 15 go on your record?  Just wondering.
If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to talk about your service some time.  My old boss worked at the NTC as a tank commander for a while.  Never saw active duty (too old), but did the training out there.
I got to do some field exercises with the 10th Mountain down at Fort Polk for 2 weeks.  Even the engineers were scary dudes.
Though the 2AM trip to the strip club was interesting...

edit- Oh, back on topic, forgot my CPAP and had a fun prison dream.  It was like a 'Hogan's Heros' episode.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-19 20:47:26)

There's no sign of an article 15 on my DD214.  Just honorable discharge, dates of service, and rank.  Also no mention of my four certificates of achievement or mention of my combat tour.

I was told it was what's called a Basic DD-214, but that a combat tour should be noted on it.  But then again, after I got out they also couldn't find any "record" of the $14,4000 dollars I had coming to me from the GI Bill, or the $22,800 for college that was part of my enrollment contract.  By the time they "did," both had expired.  I fought that shit for years, but to no avail. hmm

azathoth wrote:

had a fun prison dream.  It was like a 'Hogan's Heros' episode.

used each other's secret tunnels, did ya?  lol

LoudLon wrote:

Lon stuff

That sucks.

I had a dream that Tripod and DirtyGirl were talking over the phone.

Damn, another school dream.  I woke up trying to remember the history of astrophysics.  hmm

Last night is was Hitler growing out a full mustache.

and...a dream about the great Baphomet! cool

Creature, how many drugs do you take before going to sleep?  lol