Topic: The Avengers (2012)

TDKR is gonna have competition next summer against this. I'm hyped for both to say the least. I'm bummed at the fact Ed Norton won't be returning as Banner but one recast isn't gonna ruin the movie for me. I'm glad to see that Hawkeye will also get more screentime and being a Jeremy Renner fan I know he'll pull off Clint. Pretty stoke! big_smile

Re: The Avengers (2012)

I'll be watching TDKR, but I'm not really all that pysched for it.  Hard to get psyched about a Batman movie when there already eight of 'em floating around out there. 

The Avengers, on the other hand, I'm super keyed for.  Have you seen the design for Hulk in that flick?  Resembles the original Jack Kirby design, which is to say he looks more like a brute than a bodybuilder.

Really looking forward to that flick.  I don't want to wait a year!

Yeah, the character designs look awesome. I'm glad they didn't go for Hawkeye's pink and purple costume because it would look cheesy, speaking of 'em.

I will have to check out the concept art. I'm a die had Batman fan, but I'm more looking forward to seeing The Avengers movie. With the Batman movies you get one super hero and a few villains. The Avengers is gonna have a slew of super heroes and villains. Can't beat that!

I have to admit, I'm kinda underwhelmed for both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises. I'm not saying I hate them or won't see them, I just haven't really seen anything to really impress me. I'm sure that will change as we get closer to the films release dates.

Just read on a reliable source that the budget for The Avengers comes in at about $260 MILLION.

That's a lot of CGI, man.

To slightly change the subject, I'm looking forward to the Deadpool movie... That isn't gonna be released till 2014 though according to imdb...

Whooo!  TONS of Avengers shooting pics and video came out yesterday, all of it dealing with Chris Evans (and his stunt double) as Captain America fighting off what is apparently an alien invasion.  Looking bad ass!

Check it out: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/

I sooo can't wait to see this flick!!!

Though partially only a rumor, it appears the main villain(s) are going to be Loki from Thor, and a Skrull invasion.

How cool is that???  SKRULLS!!!

Loki and Skrulls, definantly can't go wrong! I wasn't to big on the movie portrayal of Loki, but it's starting to sit with me better now. Once the Thor bluray releases, and I watch it a few more times, I'll warm up to him more. And I really hope these Skrulls look good!

Whole bunch of on-set footage coming out today, now with Cap fighting side by side with Thor -- including a bit where Thor flips a car with his hammer. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/

This flick looks better and better every day.  I haven't been this psyched for a comic book movie since Captain America.  Yeah, I know, that movie just came out a month ago but still, super-psyched.

Was hoping we would get Ultron, because it fits he fits in the technologically adavanced world of Iron Man but with I think it's about time Skrulls get their own screentime for once. Bring on the Skrulls!

I would have loved if Ultron were the main villain, but you can't have him without his creator, Hank Pym, and since Pym isn't in the flick... hmm

I was thinking they could have fit the Ultron storyline by using Erik Selvig from Thor being responsible for it's creation. Maybe under the influence of Loki he could have helped him in some way of creating Ultron.

Of all the comic book movies. I think this could/may be the best yet? And this comes from a long standing Batman fan. Thanks for posting the link, Lon!!

Last edited by Underdog (2011-08-19 15:31:11)

Ooohhh so many possibilities for puttin Ultron in a flick! I would love to see that happen. That would be the best, maybe introduce him, or lay the ground work down for Ultron in a Pym film, and then have him be the villian in an Avengers 2, or Iron Man movie or something. So many cool ways to play this out.

Did any of you guys see the footage at the end of Captain America for The Avengers? Bad ass. TDKR I'm not to interested in since Bane looks awful and Anne Hathaway I think is a terrible choice as Catwoman..

^^^ Yeah, the theater I was in, when it showed the Avengers teaser the audience all cheered, me included. 

It felt good to see that I wasn't the only nerdy fan-boy amongst the indigenous mountain people of Eastern Kentucky. lol

Yea its funny.. The theater I was in only had a couple people in it because the movie had been out for awhile.. But I heard an older guy behind me say "We waited through all those credits to see that?"

I thought it was kind of funny.. The guy was obviously out of his element...

Tripod wrote:

Yeah, the character designs look awesome. I'm glad they didn't go for Hawkeye's pink and purple costume because it would look cheesy, speaking of 'em.

see i wish they did, i want authentic costumes lol

The frist trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810026516/video/26899198

the trailer does look good, and the fact that its a NIN song in it makes it way better big_smile

JJ wrote:

the trailer does look good, and the fact that its a NIN song in it makes it way better big_smile

what's the name of the song i really would like to listen to it

^^We're In This Together