Topic: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012)

Crap on a stick...masquerading as shish-kebab. Grade A crap. And after seeing the puerile trash masquerading  was how I felt about theoriginal Ghost Rider (2007). Spider-Man 3 falls into the same category...just like X-Men 3...and Blade 3. Ghost Rider was so bad..I was wishing for Elektra 2 and Daredevil 2. Ah well, at least there's no Eva Longoria.

Last edited by Tripod (2011-08-18 23:24:35)

Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012)

I liked the actual Ghost Rider moments themselves (though Wes Bentley as Blackheart was hugely underwhelming).  It's all the crap in between I could have done without. lol

GR2 is looking better, though.  The directing partners behind it are more hardcore than that 'tard who also ruined Daredevil, Mark Steven Johnson.  They're already promising more horror and GR, and less Johnny Blaze.

I'll reserve final judgment until I've seen it, but I guess you could consider me moderately excited to see the new take on the character.

(though Wes Bentley as Blackheart was hugely underwhelming) very much so.

but liked the movie too.

Tri I am a big comic fan too but you will have to accept only on a rare occasion Hollywood does the source material justice. Even my favorite comic movie “The Crow” let me down a bit (he wasn’t supposed to have a weakness).
Bottom line don’t get your hopes up and you won’t be let down.

Speak of the devil (heh heh).  The first trailer has just been released and, yup, it looks pretty bad ass.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ … s/?a=44719

Thanks Lon!

Looks Great to me.

I have the frist 20 issues for when they rebooted the comic in the early 90's. always a fav.

I saw  a Ghost Rider/Steve Rogers format comic called "FEAR" and I've been meaning to pick it up. They're a combo I wouldn't picture teaming up together to take supernatural threats but it should be worth the read.

GR2 is looking pretty good, but as was said, I'm not getting my hopes up to much. Ghost Rider has to be my second favorite comic character, and I hope they do him some cinematic justice.

And it looks like Idris Elba is transitioning to superhero movie roles, from Thor to GR.

He was in The Losers too, y'know. wink

The Losers was awesome, Chris Evans kicked some ass in that one. Dude is in a ton of comic films.

Evans was pretty much the only thing I liked about The Losers.  Well, him and Jason Patric.

Just saw the Ghost Rider 2 trailer and all I could say was, "So that's what it looks like when Ghost Rider pees."

it definitely looks better then the first one but im not sure that is saying much at all smile

it looks ok i dont think it looks like its worth watching in Theaters but i might watch it on dvd hahaha

I didn't like the first in the series.  Until seeing DAREDEVIL, I thought it was the worst in the Marvel production bullpen.  I liked SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE, though.

I liked the first GR movie. Had a sense of fun to it. The sequel was one of the worst pieces of s**t I have ever seen. if anyone wants to start a 10 worst post this would definitely be near the top of the list.

And here my thoughts were reversed.  SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE struck ME as the one with the senses of fun and enthusiasm.  The first, I just waited to end.