Topic: Hellraiser: Revelations

I haven't seen much discussion about this film lately and actually caught me off guard because when searching on Netflix for Hellraiser: Inferno.. Revelations popped up...

I'm still going to give this movie a shot despite no Doug Bradley.... could've been worse.. the powers that be could have CG'd Pinhead George Lucas Style smile

http://images3.blu-ray.com/movies/covers/25501_large.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hellraise … ray/25501/

Re: Hellraiser: Revelations

^^^  Say, I wonder if this was actually the "remake" they were working on last year?

The mind boggles. 

Well, okay, it doesn't really boggle.  Because that would mean I give a crap. lol

Im not really looking forward to this.. Seems lame. I could be wrong and it could be a good movie.... 'could'

Oy.  How far has the franchise fallen.  sad

^^very true

LoudLon wrote:

^^^  Say, I wonder if this was actually the "remake" they were working on last year?

The mind boggles. 

Well, okay, it doesn't really boggle.  Because that would mean I give a crap. lol

Looks like it could be cause that certainly is not the original Pinhead.

indeed Dont know how good it could be without the original pinhead

LoudLon wrote:

The mind boggles. 

No.. that is currently in development by Nolan..  It's called "Pinhead Begins"... probably going to be followed up with The Dark Cenobite and The Dark Cenobite rises....

In all seriousness they don't need to reboot the series.. just make good films.. I loved Inferno and Hellseeker

I haven't seen any of them past part 4, with the female cenobite with the skinned head.  I might be willing to check them out, IF you can promise they don't suck rotten bovine penis. lol

this is the so called "remake"

LoudLon wrote:

I haven't seen any of them past part 4, with the female cenobite with the skinned head.  I might be willing to check them out, IF you can promise they don't suck rotten bovine penis. lol

Knowing your tastes, I would recommend you don't bother.  Too much better stuff out there.

Fair enough.  I know the Monkey Lord of Chaos, despite his title, wouldn't steer me wrong. big_smile

Whats This
the most evil to grab in hell he took it and did a major too much acid

long live hellraiser Sad

Well the official trailer is out and I'm truly disappointed how bad it looks sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWK-QlPSfg

I don't know, it looks a lot better than the last few Hellraisers.

I wasn't impressed by the trailer at all. It makes the later Hellraiser movies look awesome in comparison. But, I guess I'll have to acquire it and let you all know.

^^^
True, I'll also have to watch the actual movie before I can make a proper decision.

This is what Cliver Barker had to say about the film on Twitter this morning........

I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin' thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker,it's a lie. It's not even from my butt-hole.

twistedsista wrote:

This is what Cliver Barker had to say about the film on Twitter this morning........

I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin' thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker,it's a lie. It's not even from my butt-hole.

I'm not sure how he feels.  He's very wishy washy about the whole thing.

Ah , looks like monkey poop. A hellraiser done in a "found footage" shaky cam movie.

It doesn't look very good, but I have seen all the others so I am still going to check it out and at least this one was written as a Hellraiser film, unlike the last 4 films. And yes Lon you should skip them you will not like them.
Also this is NOT the remake. This was made so that the company could hold the rights to the franchise so they threw it together. The remake is being made by Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier (My Bloody Valentine remake and Drive Angry). I have read a couple things from them where they have said it will be dark film like the original and honestly at this point I welcome a reboot/remake as I would love to see another good Hellraiser film.

LoudLon wrote:

Pretty positive Patrick Lussier is still doing the remake, thought i read he was eithe doin it before or after Halloween3d lol and this film was just used to hold onto the rights of the film a lot like Children Of The Corn:Genesis

o and BTW this movie looks just terrible

I'm tempted to do a faux poster showing how bad this film is with the constipated Pinhead but I don't want to be 'that guy'.

But last time I did a fake poster slamming McCain in the 2008 elections using the Saw 5 poster... Lionsgate Marketing picked it up in days.. luckily they were fans and they even printed my poster and UPS'd it overnight! smile

http://cl.ly/9UYh/mccain.jpg

I definitely don't want to be in Dimension's bad books smile