Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There be suits about?
Man, that's some scary stuff there.
I'll behave

it's really for the best....don't make me bring the pain
http://www.123halloweencostumecentral.com/wp-content/uploads/64067-Plaid-Leisure-Suit-70-s-Costume-main.jpg
wink

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That did it, deadhorse.

I'm done with you and that... that...

yellow thingie.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^and honestly its hurt my feelings....

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deadhorse13 wrote:

There be suits about?
Man, that's some scary stuff there.
I'll behave

it's really for the best....don't make me bring the pain
http://www.123halloweencostumecentral.com/wp-content/uploads/64067-Plaid-Leisure-Suit-70-s-Costume-main.jpg
wink

That reminds me, I really need to swap out my kitchen table cloth...

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temper, temper, boys & girls tongue                                                                                                                                        I'm a product of the early 60's and a teen when BMX made it's debut. I was hooked from the get go! I remember watching RAD and hoping/wanting it to be a super cool flick. Not to be ! (IMO) " RAD " was not so rad. Am I now gonna try to force my opinion on anyone? Hell no!! I like what I like and will debate anyone over my opinion(s) in a respectful way. ( Rule #1 here) But I won't telling anyone " fuck you." So how about lightening up, robertthunder.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wasn't this on a double-bill with Grody To The Max?  tongue

for the record I was all about BMXing in the 80s and never even heard of this film LOL
Rebel frames (first made here in San Antonio) were the shiznit!

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Underdog wrote:

Temper, temper, boys & girls tongue                                                                                                                                        I'm a product of the early 60's and a teen when BMX made it's debut. I was hooked from the get go! I remember watching RAD and hoping/wanting it to be a super cool flick. Not to be ! (IMO) " RAD " was not so rad. Am I now gonna try to force my opinion on anyone? Hell no!! I like what I like and will debate anyone over my opinion(s) in a respectful way. ( Rule #1 here) But I won't telling anyone " fuck you." So how about lightening up, robertthunder.

Ok the way I said that deserverves some reaction. I'm just tired of ppl judging films before they have even seen it. So that was my response. Was it right... no but after going on forums for so long it has just gotten to me of how ppl just bash with no reason. I think Rad along with a film like BMX Bandits although cheezy as heel are so fun. We see movies to be entertained. And you can also be mad at my 90's comments but the majority of thge ppl who are doing this bashing are them and I was lashing out. So sorry if I offended you. Now yes lets stop with this nonsense because this is about 80's cheeze that frankly I love and want to share with you fine folks (and 50-80's clothing apperently Dead lol)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plaid totally transcends generations, rob  wink

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A defense of "a majority of those beating on me were them" is not really a nice defense. It's a backhanded way of simultaneously apologizing and attacking those that in your mind started it.

If you can't understand why this happened, please go back and re-read this entire thread.

Here, I'll summarize it for you. I've read it like 4 times already because I wanted to believe you had it in you to understand why this was happening.

You post... excitedly about this event. Cool. Nice. Yay. You have an event.

First response is: 'i haven't heard of this'

Your response is: 'you haven't lived then my friend. must be too young to know it.'

Their response is: 'i'm 40.''

You respond by saying he's too old to appreciate it and then simultaneously beat on the younger generation.

At this point, you've already dug a hole so deep you can't get out.

Just apologize like a man apologizes and don't act like an apology is something to be ashamed of.

We're forgiving people but please, you have to give us something to go on here.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deadhorse13 wrote:

plaid totally transcends generations, rob  wink

Thats true!! I feel like its kind of at a lull right now but Plaid suits will be back in full force soon and I personally can't wait wink

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tarrbot wrote:

A defense of "a majority of those beating on me were them" is not really a nice defense. It's a backhanded way of simultaneously apologizing and attacking those that in your mind started it.

If you can't understand why this happened, please go back and re-read this entire thread.

Here, I'll summarize it for you. I've read it like 4 times already because I wanted to believe you had it in you to understand why this was happening.

You post... excitedly about this event. Cool. Nice. Yay. You have an event.

First response is: 'i haven't heard of this'

Your response is: 'you haven't lived then my friend. must be too young to know it.'

Their response is: 'i'm 40.''

You respond by saying he's too old to appreciate it and then simultaneously beat on the younger generation.

At this point, you've already dug a hole so deep you can't get out.

Just apologize like a man apologizes and don't act like an apology is something to be ashamed of.

We're forgiving people but please, you have to give us something to go on here.

I have... but if what you are looking for is a simple sorry... then I'm sorry! Sincerely!
Now im done with this because I don't feel like pissing off the higher ups more by continuing your trolling me into an answer you want to hear subsequently prob getting me into more trouble. I have said my peace and if you can't take it well then sorry... You came at me like you wanted an explanation and there they are.

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Rob, I came across this today.  Thought you might like it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbC5yVqOdI

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I thought I was too cool for being able to "table top" off a jump, back in the day. Amazing how far the new generation has taken this sport. Thanks for posting, az! That was RAD!!  wink

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azathoth wrote:

Hey Rob, I came across this today.  Thought you might like it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbC5yVqOdI

That was fucking sweet!!

I'll try and get some video up on the net sometime from tonights screening. It was amazing too!!

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, Rob & DoggyDo, just because I make fun of something you like doesn't me I don't love you!  And by 'love' I mean 'the knife monkey is coming for you' while you sleep tonight. lol
On the upside, he'll be bringing potato chips!
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/0/4393712-Monkey_enjoying_Pringles_potato_chips_Pulau_Langkawi.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-20 05:04:24)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azathoth wrote:

See, Rob & DoggyDo, just because I make fun of something you like doesn't me I don't love you!  And by 'love' I mean 'the knife monkey is coming for you' while you sleep tonight. lol
On the upside, he'll be bringing potato chips!
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/0/4393712-Monkey_enjoying_Pringles_potato_chips_Pulau_Langkawi.jpg

It's a good thing I don't sleep!! smile
Those damn dirty apes and monkeys and all things big with thumbs will kill us all though...

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^
Aww, how can you say bad things about this guy-
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__sERWu_7KIc/S-4Ri74Ll0I/AAAAAAAAAF4/MMQ7SBP92HM/s1600/monkey_on_bicycle.jpg

(He's getting ready to do a 720 over a bus)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-21 01:12:53)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azathoth wrote:

^^^
Aww, how can you say bad things about this guy-
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__sERWu_7KIc/S-4Ri74Ll0I/AAAAAAAAAF4/MMQ7SBP92HM/s1600/monkey_on_bicycle.jpg

(He's getting ready to do a 720 over a bus)

Thats just it, Can't you see they are too damn good at things they do and soon they will try to overthrough us; which sucks because Charles cant save us now...

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertthunder wrote:

] which sucks because Charles cant save us now...

"Hello, I'm Charles.  You called?"
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3333/3213824150_96818d6706.jpg

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azathoth wrote:
robertthunder wrote:

] which sucks because Charles cant save us now...

"Hello, I'm Charles.  You called?"
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3333/3213824150_96818d6706.jpg

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it the evolution begining again or devolution starting?!?! ;p

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big_smile









heh heh heh

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie night is coming big_smile Just saying

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puppymonster wrote:

Movie night is coming big_smile Just saying

"A" for effort!
Wrong thread though!
lol

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-21 09:45:07)

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha I did say I was tired big_smile

Re: Rad 25th Anniversary This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww...
<belly rubs!!!!>