Topic: Creepy Scarlett / trailer added

UPDATED: here is a little trailer/intro test, 42 secs. using what i have just now, the narration will be redone and stuff but it is a good idea of how the intro will be. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7bgnSh3cjI

from my next short film Creepy Scarlett, a narrated short to introduce the character. I hope maybe to do more with the character later, maybe animations, story books etc.

young Scarlett scene. I kind of liked it on it's own so here it is, it will be a shorter version in the finished film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRI64n_x06k

Last edited by LastSunset (2011-09-09 10:41:51)

Re: Creepy Scarlett / trailer added

Oy, I hope the teddy bear has medical coverage!  Yeah, that's one creepy girl.  I like the 'worn black & white' effect.

And I know I've seen that cemetery before.  Where is it/what's its name?

Good stuff.

teddy is fine, i had a lot more planned for him, he got off lightly lol.

it's Balgay cemetery, cool place to film and just wander around.

Love this idea you're onto. And for some further character inspiration, check out the horror/suspenser CASE 39 if you haven't already. Canadian actress Jodelle Ferland (the young girl from Silent Hill) is the very epitome of a young female Damien. She is absolutely brilliant in this role; desirable for her vulnerability and cuteness, but frightening in her evil ways... even when smiling. 

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/normal_Case-39-ScreencapsHQBJ290.jpg

Bunshinsaba wrote:

Love this idea you're onto.

thanks. i seen some of case 39, and "orphan" too i thought was good.  but i would say silent hill that you mentioned was more inspiring to me really, especially the music in the games.

i didn't mention that it's about a dead girl who lives in the cemetery. the rest will be an older girl and this will just be to introduce her. then i might do different stories of the character later on.

LastSunset wrote:
Bunshinsaba wrote:

Love this idea you're onto.

thanks. i seen some of case 39, and "orphan" too i thought was good.  but i would say silent hill that you mentioned was more inspiring to me really, especially the music in the games.

i didn't mention that it's about a dead girl who lives in the cemetery. the rest will be an older girl and this will just be to introduce her. then i might do different stories of the character later on.

Quite like Silent Hill except for one thing that drove (drives) me crazy... Sean Bean just does not stop shouting out "ROSE!" with every breath in every search scene he's in.. and that's many. I swear, it makes Leonard Decaprio belting out "ROSE!" in Titanic seem like an after thought. LOL.

^^
Agree.  One of the biggest things that dragged down Silent Hill was the husband side plot.  Too much time with him (& the cop), and the info could have been found out in the town by the wife.  Fractured the narrative too much.

added trailer.intro test to op smile