Topic: Horror Conventions?

Can anyone inform me of some upcoming conventions besides Monster Mania in September which I'm already attending?

Last edited by HORRORKID (2011-08-22 09:47:02)

Re: Horror Conventions?

Toronto After Dark at the end of October.  Never been to it, but have heard good things.

Re: Horror Conventions?

horrorfindweekend

Me and my wife wanted to go but probably won't since we are going to the beach the following weekend. There are some good guests, especially if you like True Blood.

Re: Horror Conventions?

Fan Expo/Festival Of Fear kind of started yesterday though till the 26 I think

Re: Horror Conventions?

TypH wrote:

Fan Expo/Festival Of Fear kind of started yesterday though till the 26 I think


Going to Fan Expo on Sat.  Can't wait, last year was a lot of fun  smile
What can I get Robert Englund to sign....hmmm

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2011-08-23 16:40:12)

Re: Horror Conventions?

DirtyGirl wrote:
TypH wrote:

Fan Expo/Festival Of Fear kind of started yesterday though till the 26 I think


Going to Fan Expo on Sat.  Can't wait, last year was a lot of fun  smile
What can I get Robert Englund to sign....hmmm

That's awesome! when your looking around look for a Ottawa Horror booth if your not busy, they will be showing off some of my art for the whole event among other local artist, and then either Friday,Saturday or Sunday they will have a bigger showcase of my art! big_smile...sadly I wont be there...due to stupid money issues but oh well  at least my art is there smile

Re: Horror Conventions?

Cool TypH.  Hope there is a lot of interest in it.

HorrorKid - It is like you were sensing my vibes.  smile  Actually thought about staring a Thread like this.  I was just looking around HM for something with upcoming conventions. 

Is there a place that lists upcoming horror (or similar) conventions?  Would like to go to one if close.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-08-23 19:35:24)

Re: Horror Conventions?

The best convention I have ever attended is Cinema Wasteland in Strongsville, OH. It is definitely a fan favorite as people from all over come to it just to hang out... It may not be the "biggest" Con.. but it is defintely one for the fans to just have fun.. They have one every April and October.

Re: Horror Conventions?

Ghostseeker wrote:

Cool TypH.  Hope there is a lot of interest in it.

HorrorKid - It is like you were sensing my vibes.  smile  Actually thought about staring a Thread like this.  I was just looking around HM for something with upcoming conventions. 

Is there a place that lists upcoming horror (or similar) conventions?  Would like to go to one if close.

Thanks Ghostseeker! I hope theres alot of interest too, would love that, either way I'm still gonna keep working on my horror pieces! big_smile

and theres also Horrorhound Weekend, not sure when that is off the top of my head but it might be worth checking out, it's from the people that make Horrorhound magazine incase no one has heard of that magazine:)

Re: Horror Conventions?

Goon wrote:

The best convention I have ever attended is Cinema Wasteland in Strongsville, OH. It is definitely a fan favorite as people from all over come to it just to hang out... It may not be the "biggest" Con.. but it is defintely one for the fans to just have fun.. They have one every April and October.

Ohio ain't too far.  Maybe I'll check that out.

Re: Horror Conventions?

those of you attended fan expo, i am jealous!

Re: Horror Conventions?

theres one in erie pa in october, and another in october located in Worcester, Ma.

they are "rock shock" and "erie horror fest"

the one in worcester features robert englund, heather langenkamp, lance henrikson, ace frehley, and ofcourse my BDS boys Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery!

Re: Horror Conventions?

LuLuLuhxe wrote:

theres one in erie pa in october, and another in october located in Worcester, Ma.

they are "rock shock" and "erie horror fest"

the one in worcester features robert englund, heather langenkamp, lance henrikson, ace frehley, and ofcourse my BDS boys Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery!

Hmmm- Erie is about 5 hours away.
Son of a gun, it's over Halloween weekend.  Oh well. sad

Re: Horror Conventions?

azathoth wrote:
LuLuLuhxe wrote:

theres one in erie pa in october, and another in october located in Worcester, Ma.

they are "rock shock" and "erie horror fest"

the one in worcester features robert englund, heather langenkamp, lance henrikson, ace frehley, and ofcourse my BDS boys Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery!

Hmmm- Erie is about 5 hours away.
Son of a gun, it's over Halloween weekend.  Oh well. sad

its 5 hrs away from me too.. unless my car converts to a boat, in which case i can just go straight across lake erie tongue
im thinking about getting a booth and selling some art!

Re: Horror Conventions?

Hopefully i am going to FILM4's FrightFest next summer in London whilst staying with my uncle (who i just found out was incidentally was into horror movies at my age). Can't wait.

Last edited by Vasquez (2011-09-08 13:10:59)

Re: Horror Conventions?

One would think that large cities like New York, Philly, or even Baltimore would have some fests.