Topic: Rue-Morgue Magazine

I didn't find a post for this anyone, so I thought I would start one, sorry if theres already one. I just wanted to create something for all the Rue-Crew out there! To talk about there favourite stories from a special issue, to there favourite cover or issue overall! and to also talk about Rue-Morgue Radio!!! which is covering Festival Of Fear this week!

Re: Rue-Morgue Magazine

See, I'd get the yearly subscription but it's $70 and that'll break my bank. mad

I love this mag. It covers Horror culture not just movies. The travel article towards the back is always one of my favs. They covered a cool Ripply’s haunted house in the last one.
My only complaint is its expensive and you don’t save much by getting a subscription.

HORRORKID wrote:

See, I'd get the yearly subscription but it's $70 and that'll break my bank. mad

I'm actually in the same vote as you man, I want a yearly subscription but at this point and time with the cost of everything I just can't do it, but hopefully things will change in the future! the podcast are free so that's good though haha

The only reason I'm Considering Fangoria is because It's about 25 bucks less. I'm sure the content is better in RM. I've heard nothing but good things.

All the Walden and Border books are going out of biz. the one in my area had Mags 60% off. I just picked up the last issue of RM for a little over four bucks.

swollenguy wrote:

All the Walden and Border books are going out of biz. the one in my area had Mags 60% off. I just picked up the last issue of RM for a little over four bucks.

I gotta look into that.

swollenguy wrote:

awesome deal man, that's a pretty good steal right there! I wish I could find deals like that around here haha.

although I've always loved me some Fangoria, I think RM surpassed it quite awhile ago in quality and relevance.
I really dig the Fido and An American Werewolf In London covers

Great art great layout, definitely the most current/ “relevant” horror mag out there.

HMC members need to submit a link to HMC to their Road kill section, where they post links to great horror sites.
Email link: roadkill@rue-morgue.com

Ask for a subscription for Christmas.
Simple solution, problem solved.

Cap Howdy wrote:

What you think my fam has $ cash to get me both a subscription and the Swedish vacuum enlarger 5000. We can’t do both we are not filthy rich ok Cap.

swollenguy wrote:
Cap Howdy wrote:

What you think my fam has $ cash to get me both a subscription and the Swedish vacuum enlarger 5000. We can’t do both we are not filthy rich ok Cap.

screw the vacuum, get the mags haha big_smile

deadhorse13 wrote:

although I've always loved me some Fangoria, I think RM surpassed it quite awhile ago in quality and relevance.
I really dig the Fido and An American Werewolf In London covers

Rue Morgue is by far my favorite magazine.  I am looking forward to visiting their booth at the Festival of Fear.  I saw an ad for t-shirts made with the American Werewolf Cover on them.  I hope they will be at their booth to purchase!

TypH wrote:
swollenguy wrote:
Cap Howdy wrote:

but the 5000 has the robo grip

swollenguy wrote:
TypH wrote:
swollenguy wrote:

but the 5000 has the robo grip

yeah i'm gonna be honest and blunt, the robo grip does nothing for me haha tongue