Re: Hellraiser: Revelations

just...Yuck man

Heres what Barker thought of it

Just from the trailer, this one looks better than the last 4 or 5; but that isn't saying very much, if anything. If I were Clive Barker, I'd be pissed too.

The preview looks better than I expected given all the hate for it and the movie.  Don't know, I may check this out.  Would have low expectations but looks better than other things out there.

Heh.  Decided to check the specs and the flick is only 75 minutes long.  That's fifteen minutes shy of what's considered feature-film length.  That means they couldn't come up with a decent enough story to fill an hour-and-a-half-long movie.

If that's not an indicator that this flick's gonna blow, I don't know what is. lol

what the freekin hell.

this might not be to bad, the last couple weren't that amazing, so hopefully they arn't worse then those ones haha, but it looks pretty good. I have always been a huge Barker and hellrasier fan, so hopefully this one is just as good as the first one!

I wouldn't count on it.

Clive Barker wrote:

“Hello,my friends. I want to put on record that the flic out there using the word Hellraiser IS NO FUCKIN’ CHILD OF MINE!” “I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin’ thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker,it’s a lie. It’s not even from my butt-hole.”

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/08/cli … ser-movie/

TypH wrote:

this might not be to bad, the last couple weren't that amazing, so hopefully they arn't worse then those ones haha, but it looks pretty good. I have always been a huge Barker and hellrasier fan, so hopefully this one is just as good as the first one!

Have you seen the trailer? It looks awful.
Sorry but I wouldn't let this dirty the lens of my dvd player.

LoudLon wrote:

Heh.  Decided to check the specs and the flick is only 75 minutes long.  That's fifteen minutes shy of what's considered feature-film length.  That means they couldn't come up with a decent enough story to fill an hour-and-a-half-long movie.

If that's not an indicator that this flick's gonna blow, I don't know what is. lol

Not that I WANT to defend the movie, BUT that doesn't mean anything really...
[REC] is 78 minutes
Wrong Turn is 77 minutes (sans credits)
Sleepaway Camp II is 79 min (what? it's fun and loved by fans)

I'm not saying that it will be great, just that there are many other reasons that this will likely be bad and the running time isn't really one of them. The small budget along with the selfish reason for making this film, and the fast shooting schedule will be the reasons the movie is no good. However I still want to check it out only because (as I said before) this one was actually written as a Hellraiser film (unlike the last 4) and because I have seen the last 8 I might as well watch this lol.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2011-08-26 10:16:55)

Cap Howdy wrote:

I wouldn't count on it.

Clive Barker wrote:

“Hello,my friends. I want to put on record that the flic out there using the word Hellraiser IS NO FUCKIN’ CHILD OF MINE!” “I have NOTHING to do with the fuckin’ thing. If they claim its from the mind of Clive Barker,it’s a lie. It’s not even from my butt-hole.”

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2011/08/cli … ser-movie/

disapointing....screw it, might watch it if, it's ever on tv several years after it's done haha.

http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/pinhead-hellraiser-rubik-cube.gif

"Try to cheat by pealing off the stickers, girl, and your suffering will be legendary, even in hell..."

lol  absolutely the BEST caption for that image.. hands down

*takes a bow*

big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

"Try to cheat by pealing off the stickers, girl, and your suffering will be legendary, even in hell..."

I just popped off the pieces and put it back together.  But then I'm an engineer.  Considering Pinhead's precision with chains, I think he'd like that.  big_smile

for years i put off watching the series, and recently (before having the opportunity to meet Doug Bradley) watched every single one. I'm really unsure of the whole appeal, because in my personal opinion, besides some good effects in the first installment (and very early in the first installment) they were all so far fetched and without a real storyline?
personally i LOVE crappy B-grade horror, but these were difficult to sit through. i don't see the problem with re-making, or re-booting anything

azathoth wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

I just popped off the pieces and put it back together.  But then I'm an engineer.  Considering Pinhead's precision with chains, I think he'd like that.  big_smile

Same here.  I got one for Christmas '81, locked myself in the bathroom for ten minutes while I took it apart and put it back together.  Came out and showed my dad I'd "solved" it.

But, he didn't buy it.  I don't see why not.  I mean, it's completely plausible for a ten year old boy to solve a Rubik's cube in the space of ten minutes with nobody around to witness it happen.  Fucker.

lol

LuLu -- I had a chance to not only meet, but hang out and chill with not only Bradley but also Vernon Welles and Reggie Bannister, as well.  They were in town for a haunted house attraction and had decided to spend their evening at my step-dad's bar.  My mom calls me up, says they're all there, she'd told them all about me and my lifelong love of horror films and that I'd just gotten into screenwriting and blah blah, told me they would "love to meet a real fan"...

...and I chickened out. lol

That was nearly 15 years ago and I've been kicking myself in the ass for it ever since. hmm

ive met quite a few horror icons now, and passing on the opportunity to meet doug isnt something that'll keep me up at night lol
i realize there is a HUGE cult following of the hellraiser franchise, i just dont get it sad

LuLuLuhxe wrote:

for years i put off watching the series, and recently (before having the opportunity to meet Doug Bradley) watched every single one. I'm really unsure of the whole appeal, because in my personal opinion, besides some good effects in the first installment (and very early in the first installment) they were all so far fetched and without a real storyline?
personally i LOVE crappy B-grade horror, but these were difficult to sit through. i don't see the problem with re-making, or re-booting anything

Ah, a contrarian.  I like.

Oh, and welcome.
http://demomonkey.org/images/welcome_monkey.jpg

azathoth wrote:
LuLuLuhxe wrote:

Ah, a contrarian.  I like.

Oh, and welcome.
http://demomonkey.org/images/welcome_monkey.jpg

thankyou :$

Welcome, LuLuLuhxe! Jealous you got to meet Norman Reedus. Hope he was cool.

Just got a call from a source saying he has a copy of this movie for me, so i may have it by tomorrow. I think I may have hunted it down...

This is actually turning out like the movie.

MistressOf Horror wrote:

http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/pinhead-hellraiser-rubik-cube.gif

Funnily enough , i got a cute little resin figure of Pinhead with a rubik's cube in my collection. big_smile

http://resinkit.perso.neuf.fr/version_anglaise/galleries/Hellraiser/hellraiser_pics/SD_pinhead.jpg

I will not be bothering with this. Hellraiser was such an exquisite movie, the others just made me sad. Im not really sure why they bother with sequels, prequels and remakes (ok so it's the $$$). It takes away from a really awesome concept that was executed perfectly the first time.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Welcome, LuLuLuhxe! Jealous you got to meet Norman Reedus. Hope he was cool.

Just got a call from a source saying he has a copy of this movie for me, so i may have it by tomorrow. I think I may have hunted it down...

This is actually turning out like the movie.

ahhh yes, i saw that he got a bunch of them returned to him! and yes, he was very cool, very gorgeous and down to earth! he'd be out having cigs in front of the convention center during the day amongst us civi's tongue