Topic: AMC Monsterfest

Every year the American Movie Channel runs their annual Monsterfest from October 23 to the 31st. For those of you who don't feel like spending the cash, this is one of the best marathons to tune into to get your horror fix. Some years they play better films than others, but beggars can't be choosers right? I've personally been watching this annually for the past few years and just thought it would nice to inform those of you who weren't aware of it. Sci-fi and SpikeTV run horror movie marathons around the same time as well, so if AMC isn't suiting your needs just flip up a few channels.

If you want to plan out what you'll be watching ahead of time then check out AMC's horror schedulin here: http://games.amctv.com/Monsterfest05/Ho … al_pdf.pdf

Last edited by Leon (2006-09-25 15:33:15)

Re: AMC Monsterfest

Sweet, great stuff Leon.

Wow, they have a really good line up of movies. Thanks Leon. Are the movies on there uncut?

Doubtful imo.  If some kid is flipping through the channels and watches it course the parents will sue and that'll be the last of Monsterfest.

fair enough, I didn't know if it was like IFC or something like that where because it's on cable they show stuff uncut.

Yes they are edited, but like i said, beggars can't be choosers. Speaking of IFC, they host a lot of good horror films around halloween time as well. Their all uncut too, so thats a plus.

Sweet again, didn't know they did that either. Look at all the horror movies I have been missing out on.

Well better knowing now than never. I'm already scheduling what movies and at what times I'll be watching.

Thanks for heads up.. I watch this just about every year.. Its one solid week of nothing but horror. I usually never touch the dial.. Just leave it on AMC. Its a good chance to see all kinds of movies, even some you may not have known existed..

Theres a few movies i've never seen before that they're showing this year so thats a plus.

Unfortunately this year they are only running Enetertainment Weekly's Scariest Movies once.. It was great when I watched it last year, its hosted by Bruce Campbell the chin himself.. If you can grab some no-doze check it out on Wednesday Oct 26, at 3:30 A.M.

That's what T-Vo is for my man, set it up and forget about it.

Whoa, they air that at a rather unconvienent time huh? I'll be up late during those days so I'll probablly be able to catch it. I wouldn't want to miss anything hosted by Bruce Campbell

Heh yea... It actually aired a couple times last year at a reasonable time. I don't know if you read Entertainment Weekly or not but they ran a whole article about horror films and they a whole photo shoot with Bruce... They used the same set to shoot the show.. Its kind of a cool collage of clips from several notable movies with Bruce guiding the way..

i love monster fest its the best thing on tv horror movies all the time god bless amc

I'm getting a tape and I'm gonna record a few things.

I won't need to record anything as they're showing most of the movies a few times over the course of the marathon. Not only that, but i don't see the purpose of owning an edited version of a good horror movie unless it's impossible to track down on DVD or VHS.

I'm probably gonna record just the documentaries as those are pretty good.  Last year I think they had one hosted by Bruce Campbell.

Goon was just mentioning the one hosted by Bruce Campbell. Entertainment Weekly's Scariest Movies.

Dont forget to also check out Sci-Fi's Monsterfest.  Both are really great.  I'm already excited.

I hear ya. October is going to own-diddly-own.

Hey guys.. I just discovered something about this schedule.. When I first saw it I thought something was off.. Than it struck me.. This is last years schedule just look at the url posted above and it says "Monsterfest05".. So I went and hunted down the schedule this year.. Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6582.html

Haha, I totally missed that.  Nice catch.  Thanks for the NEW info.

Er, the links seem to be inactive...

Yea if you read after it.. it says that the official website will open on October 2nd.. The schedule is on the next line down..