Topic: The Number 23

Joel Schumacher film, The Number 23, starring Jim Carrey and Virginia Madsen.

I thought this was a great thriller movie, the cast was good, the direction was good, and storyline was great! Definitely a different film to come out of hollywood. I've never seen a storyline centered around numerology before, I thought it was good stuff.

What are your thoughts on this film?

Here's the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElUBr6-GLU

and a creepy little tid bit - in numerology, I have the life path of 5, which is the chaos number. 5, in numerology is the root of.....23!!! Which is, of course, what my birthdate (among other things) adds up to.

Re: The Number 23

I've always loved the number 23, so that movie was especially awesome to me. Numerology and Symbology are very interesting to me. I plan on getting a 23 tattoo on my sleeves somewhere.

But yea, the movie. Love it! Jim Carrey was definantly creepy as hell in it. People usually cast this film off because Jim Carrey stars in it, but I think he is awesome in it. Movies with a good psychological factor in it are always favorites of mine, and this one nailed it.

i'm sorry guys but i didn't think it was very good at all. did nothing for me at all. Jim Carrey wasn't awful but the film was just dull IMO.

Ive had seen this film a while backand I always thought it was pretty solid. I never understood why it was bashed by the critics.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ACniHHzJMcc/S845ImqLNuI/AAAAAAAAFw8/RRCrlnbBxGQ/s320/hated+it.jpg

Is that a GetGlue sticker?

It's been a while now, but I remember seeing it and being fairly unimpressed.

Not a fan. I'm a big Jim Carrey fan & respect him for trying something different but this wasn't his finest moment.

So I love this movie I thought Carry did an amazing job, my best friend and I watched it together a while ago (quite a while ago) and we still look at each other and say someting when things equal the number 23 and I silently add things in my head on movies and such as does my aunt smile

Interesting little tid bit - The Number 23 was Joel Schumacher's 23rd film.

^^I didnt know that....

I thought it was pretty good, and like you said, different. And I really liked the ending.

I found this movie to be very interesting, I personally loved Jim in this movie, i've always enjoyed him as an actor, but I personally thought he was great in this movie and it was nice to see him in something a bit darker and more serious, I actually think i'm going to go watch it again soon! haha.

Ive said this before regarding this film, i  liked the idea, thought it wasnt a bad idea at all...BUT..at a certain point in this film it completely shits the bed! when you are shown the twist you sit there and go WELL WTF ? because of something that shouldnt have happened in the film AT ALL set off this entire chain of events...for no good reason!
now i was being vague cause i hate spoilers, but those of you who have seen it should know what i meant.

I really enjoyed the number 23. I was completely sucked in by it.

Thumbs up and I'm NOT a Jim Carrey fan.