Topic: American Horror Story

This looks cool

http://www.tvguide.com/News/American-Ho … eakingnews

Re: American Horror Story

Hm.  I see potential.  So long as the show itself doesn't overdo the CGI crap.

I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, from what I have seen, my interest has been piqued.

Interesting. Trailer looks a bit different from the norm - different visuals. Maybe it'll be good.

I'm pretty excited about this show. Looks dark & kinky.

This looks pretty cool...I notice there has been a butt load of horror related shows coming out over the past few years...and finally more of them are being aimed toward the more adult audience as opposed to the tweens.

^ Funny you mentioned that, CS. My wife and I were discussing that last night. Hopefully a few of the new shows are a hit and the trend continues. I think The Walking Dead getting great ratings on t.v has something to do with that.

Alright, you could count me in.

I will definantly be watching this come October. Hopefully we can usher in a new era of some good ol' horror type television.

Looks like it might be worth checking out. I don't have real high expectations though.

The clips are so creepy..pregnant lady and black latex man..ughhhh creepy lol

Went and signed up on there page for some marketing thing. Might get some cool stuff outta that.

FX released the first 5 minutes of episode 1 for free!

Watch American Horror Story Season 1 Episode 1 First 5 Minutes

What do you guys think of it so far?

I'm looking forward to it. FX has made some good shows.  Premiers Wednesday at 10, encore at 11.

SW1134 wrote:

Went and signed up on there page for some marketing thing. Might get some cool stuff outta that.

I did too and ended up getting a letter from FX saying that I was one of a few who received an artifact from AHS.The letter had instructions, also included was a piece of torn wallpaper. On the back and written in fake blood, it reads " You fear what you desire. You desire what you fear." And another smaller piece that is a remnant o a partial letter. ( which I can't find right now) I went to the web site and entered the words of the smaller piece. Then entered the house on the web site and the saying on the bigger piece showed up in the house. Pretty cool!

Last edited by Black Sunlite (2011-10-08 14:29:52)

Okay, I've seen it (the first episode that is).  It definitely has great potential.  However, from what I see of how its structured so far, it seems like the makers are trying for a little bit more sophistication than outright [what I call] "bubble-gum type horror" by way of script and so on...which I think is great.  I just hope that they don't make the plot and such so complicated, and highbrow that people will wind up quickly losing interest like what happen with ABC's "HAPPYTOWN" and AMC's spy drama "RUBICON".

All 'n all, from 1 to 10, right now I give it an eight.

Loved the first episode. Very excited to see what the Nip/Tuck people can do with horror. I mean, the shit they did on Nip/Tuck was pretty fucked up for what could be considered a 'medical drama'.

Loving the show so far, two episodes in.  I like how they're not rushing anything with it.

I enjoyed it but i felt the first episode tried to put maybe too much into one episode and their was a lot to try and understand i felt the second episode was a lot better done

I'm really diggin this show.  Some very cool things goin on.

It's a great show! You never know WHAT the fuck is going to happen next! It's so bizarre and nutso, I really don't see how anyone can't appreciate it, there's really nothing like it on TV right now. I love how every episode has something crazy in it. There's almost TOO much going on and too much to keep track of, they cram as much as they can in one episode than some shows do in 10, but I love that actually. Hope they an keep it up!

I was a tad worried after the 1st epi, but the 2nd one convinced me.  Plenty of the wacky and the spooky.  All it needs is a monkey and an alien or 2.

This show is really getting better and better.  Very interesting.

I'm sticking with it in hopes that it loses the choppy editing style.  It's difficult to build suspense during a sequence when every shot lasts all of .3 seconds.  It's jarring and disruptive, IMO.

I refer to it as editing for the attention span-deprived. hmm