Topic: The Thing (PS2, XBOX and PC)

Hi Guys

Considering how treasured Carpenters The Thing is among us horror fans I was just wondering if anyone has ever played the Thing video-game released in 2002. I did and consider it a worthy companion to the movie. I am asking is because it wasn't the most heavily marketed game ever released, perhaps even considered an underrated gem.

Re: The Thing (PS2, XBOX and PC)

I must now find it.

I didn't even know it existed.

Do you know if xbox 360 has this as being backward compatible?

It is according to the wiki article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xb … h_Xbox_360

At least everything except Japan. smile

Off to find a copy...

I own it, but gave up trying to play it.  Not that it was a bad game -- it was actually rather good -- because the game always froze up on me.

There's a part where you're walking around outside the station and have to investigate these little exterior buildings.  There's a certain little hut where, after going inside, I'd open the door to leave and be attacked by a small Thing, and that's where it would freeze, every single time.  After about the fifteenth try I stopped bothering with it. hmm

^
Your disc must have just been faulty, why not get another one.

Because I'm cheap. lol

I always wanted to play that game, but never got around to it. I remember being excited hearing about that one and I would still love to play it.

I'd like to try that game.  Only thing is...it's old.  I'm sure it would have looked good in the immediate years after it was published but games to age very quickly.  Still, if it's as full of suspense and effects as the movie, it would be fun to play smile

I used to have this for the ps!  It was a really good game......but i didn't complete it! hmm

I got to a point where me and my team had to enter a building.......but neither of them would go in!
They just stood there, shaking! lol 

And no amount of ammo or health packs could change their minds! So i gave up! lol